Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I started out with the Siedo holster with the hole for the auido cable to go through the belt clip and generally liked it. The only problem was that it broke (and the Pre never sat perfectly flush).

Then i decided to go with a cheaper more simple holster from Optimum and have been very happy/excited so far. Its been a few weeks and still no breakage.

NE wayz i decided to do a full write up of my holster experience which can be found here:

UPDATE: Seidio contacted me and was more than willing to replace my broken holster.

Best Belt Clip Holster For Palm Pre Review | L337Tech
    Last edited by number1pete; 08/31/2009 at 03:17 PM.
  2.    #2  
    what holster are yall using? What about belt clip cases?
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    i have a seidio innocase spring clip holster and i sort of hate it. the build quality is pretty mediocre for the price and the spring mechanism doesn't feel all that secure. i find myself putting my phone in my pocket more often than placing it in the holster. i guess i was just spoiled by how secure/sturdy the holsters and cases made by otterbox are :/
    it is the largest octopus ever recorded.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by m0unds View Post
    i have a seidio innocase spring clip holster and i sort of hate it. the build quality is pretty mediocre for the price and the spring mechanism doesn't feel all that secure. i find myself putting my phone in my pocket more often than placing it in the holster. i guess i was just spoiled by how secure/sturdy the holsters and cases made by otterbox are :/
    Yeah the problem is that you definitely want to keep the Pre's form factor. Its very sleek and small. That is why i went for holsters instead of the case + belt clip combination. With a holster, as long as you have invisible shield installed, your Pre is relatively safe. I have dropped it several times to no bad outcomes.

Try the cheap holster in my review. You will not be disappointing.
  5.    #5  
    Added a short video to the review so you can see the winning holster of the review!
    Quote Originally Posted by number1pete View Post
    Added a short video to the review so you can see the winning holster of the review!
    You mispronounced Seidio. You call it "see-doe" when it's actually "say-de-o." I had called their customer service once and their automated message pronounced it "say-de-o."

Also, at the 3:48 mark, you say the Pre is facing outward when it's really facing inward. You then take it out and reverse it and say it's facing inward when it's really facing outward.

Also, one last thing....I don't see a link anywhere in your review for the holster. It looks like you left it out...or I'm blind.

Other than that...good review!
    Last edited by Trekker; 08/28/2009 at 08:52 PM.
    You also misspelled Seidio.

The 2nd holster may definitely get my consideration...thanks for your review!
    Thanks for the review. I'm too chicken for something like that. I feel like my Pre would try to pull a Triple Lindy.

But it does look convenient as heck.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    You mispronounced Seidio. You call it "see-doe" when it's actually "say-de-o." I had called their customer service once and their automated message pronounced it "say-de-o."

Also, at the 3:48 mark, you say the Pre is facing outward when it's really facing inward. You then take it out and reverse it and say it's facing inward when it's really facing outward.

Also, one last thing....I don't see a link anywhere in your review for the holster. It looks like you left it out...or I'm blind.

Other than that...good review!
    Your not blind you were just probably reading so intensely that you totally overlooked the little amazon banners in the middle of the text that have links on them to where you can buy them. The first amazon banner is for the Seidio and the second one is below that one and is for the Optimum.

I'm glad y'all liked the review and sorry for the little mistakes. I did not want to spend too much time on the review since I already wrote up a long review.

thanks guys
    Quote Originally Posted by number1pete View Post
    Your not blind you were just probably reading so intensely that you totally overlooked the little amazon banners in the middle of the text that have links on them to where you can buy them.
    Actually, I think Firefox with Adblock Plus must be blocking them. Sometimes it works too well.

Yep, just confirmed it...used Google Chrome and the Amazon banners show up. My bad!

Still, it was a great review, would like to see more reviews on Pre accessories.
    90% of palm pre users will have a screen protector? lol, 90%???
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    90% of palm pre users will have a screen protector? lol, 90%???
    They should! The Pre has a plastic screen that is easily scratchable. The iphone has a glass screen which has a mohs hardness of 5.5-6.5 so only quartz, conundrum, diamonds, etc could scratch it (most metals are not hard enough to scratch it). Bet yeah i just figured everyone would have a screen protector because keys and basically anything can scratch the Pre's plastic screen.
    86.5% of all stats are made up! LOL

Great review, you convinced me! I have had the Seidio holster for a month now and hate how my Pre sits in it. It forces the Pre to "shift" and I have to manually slide it closed. Thanks for the review!
    Quote Originally Posted by number1pete
    I started out with the Siedo holster with the hole for the auido cable to go through the belt clip and generally liked it. The only problem was that it broke (and the Pre never sat perfectly flush).

Then i decided to go with a cheaper more simple holster from Optimum and have been very happy/excited so far. Its been a few weeks and still no breakage.

NE wayz i decided to do a full write up of my holster experience which can be found here:

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in our products! We want you to be 100% happy with our products and services. If you could send us your order information, we will be more than happy to look into it and help you get a replacement!
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Hello,

Thank you for your interest in our products! We want you to be 100% happy with our products and services. If you could send us your order information, we will be more than happy to look into it and help you get a replacement!
    WOW, being actively sought out by customer service, that is a very nice gesture. I honestly appreciate that. Any company that is willing to actively find people with problems is a great company. I will send you my information. Thanks Seidio and keep up the awesome customer support. I will update my review with the fact that Seidio was more than willing to replace my broken holster.

thanks again.
    Pete,

I am currently using the Sprint Premier holster which you can now purchase directly through sprint.com or telesales. It is manufactured by AGF and was sold in Sprint stores briefly but was immediately recalled. I was told they fixed the issue it previously had and while it is meant to only put the Pre facing inward, it has a clear door that you simply angle downward to view who is calling, or check notifications without removing the pre out of the holster. Pretty slick! I have the same issue as you where I work and refuse to have the Pre bulging out of my slacks but I really like the double option on the optimum holster, to be able to face it inward or outward. Also, this holster is a bit thicker and not as slim line as yours. Let me know how you like it so far!
  17.    #17  
    wow saw this in the precentral store:
    http://store.precentral.net/smartpho.../4A24A5863.htm
    This is the same one I did a review on but I guess a different company licensed it because it says made by Optimum. Anyway its $5 on the link on my site. I wonder why its so expensive on precentral ($15 really?)?
    Here is the link to my review where you can get that holster for $5.
    Pete, nice job!

I got a kick out of you saying that you can't carry the Pre in your pocket because of the huge bulge! Heck, I've been carrying Treos in my pocket for 4 years or more, so the Pre is a welcome size reduction!
    Quick question about the Optimum holster, will it fit a palm pre that's protected by a skin/case - like the Seido Innocase?

Since the case works just fine with the Innocase Holster, I'm GUESSING it should work with the Optimum holster, but anyone know for sure?
    I did some research, and saw this product which looks exactly the same as the Optimum case, and it's NOT compatible with a case protected Pre
    store.everythingpre.com/smartphone-experts-holster/4A24A5863.htm

So I guess I answered my own question.

But carrying on, has there been any developments / improvements in Palm Pre cases holsters? Is there a general consensus on what is the best product/combo nowaways for case + holsters?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast