Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Hey all,

I just recently purchased two universal mounts from MonoPrice and they work great. Just search for Universal GPS Car Mount Holder on their site, unfortunately the forum will not let me post the direct link.

Things I like:
    1) Suction cup mount
    2) Vent mounts included
    3) Dash mount included
    4) Side brackets have a space to snake a usb charger through
    5) Extremely cheap purchase

I have this mounted on a center vent in my Toyota Yaris and my girlfriend has her suction mount (waiting for comments ;-) ) in the upper left portion of her windshield, love it!

Just a side note in my Yaris I have a 3.5mm" jack for iPod, Pre, etc... which I use for the Pre. The great thing is that once the the phone is plugged in my stereo acts as a giant speaker phone when talking and it's great to hear turn by turn directions clearly.

Enjoy,
    Derek

Quick note, my Pre has the 2600 Seidio battery installed and my gf's has the stock battery.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Nice! Just ordered one up.
    What kind of extra performance are I getting from the 2600 battery. I have to charge the standard battery 3x per day. I'm a heavy user. I was thinking to get the 2600 or even bigger.
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Startagl,

One review I saw about the Seido battery said it only gave about an extra hour of battery life. For me that's not enough to justify the extra cost, but it might for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by sweat View Post
    Startagl,

One review I saw about the Seido battery said it only gave about an extra hour of battery life. For me that's not enough to justify the extra cost, but it might for you.
    I received mine yesterday and there is a heck of a lot more than 1 extra hour. You can quote me on that.
    And that car mount looks like a piece. I'd rather make my own than pay money for that.
    The best car mounts I have ever used are the ones from Proclipusa.com. I have always hated suction cup and vent mount types. With the Pro clips, they come in two parts. First part is the mount bracket which is desigend specifically for your car, the second is the the device mount. They are a bit on the pricey side BUT well worth evey penny I have spent on them. And I have used them since my PPC-6700 days which now spans about six differnt phones up to now the Pre.

proclipusa.com
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Is this the product you were talking about?
    For only $2.62 each when QTY 50+ purchased - Universal GPS Car Mount Holder | For Garmin

Also if you could post a picture, I have an extended back as well and I'm curious to see how it looks in the mount. The stock images don't really give me a good idea of scale or quality.
    Quote Originally Posted by CountryDevil View Post
    The best car mounts I have ever used are the ones from Proclipusa.com. I have always hated suction cup and vent mount types. With the Pro clips, they come in two parts. First part is the mount bracket which is desigend specifically for your car, the second is the the device mount. They are a bit on the pricey side BUT well worth evey penny I have spent on them. And I have used them since my PPC-6700 days which now spans about six differnt phones up to now the Pre.

proclipusa.com
    I agree they are the best, but people that change phones/cars frequently it simply isn't an option, they are just way too expensive!
    Another great mount manufacturer: </title><!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" lang="en" xml:lang="en"> <html> <head> <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html

I got one of those with the Palm GPS last summer. It holds up pretty well. The little feet on the bottom slide side to side so you get a bit more control over gravity protection.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    OP: Link to item please!
    Looks like MonoPrice is now out of them
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Looks like they are in stock today, as of 8a on Thursday.