Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I could write a long post waxing on and on about how carefully I installed this thing, how I was unhappy with it, and how cautiously I removed it so that I would be able to get a refund.

But pictures speak volumes -- unfortunately, I'm too much of a n00b to post pics or links, so if someone would help me out, I'd greatly appreciate it:
    http://hipmotional.com/items/InvisibleShield/

For the record, I have spoken with a ZAGG 'Gadget Manager', and ZAGG doesn't think this is their problem, but are instead blaming Palm: "...knowing that the shield can be removed from the Pre without any trouble, my only guess is that it was a defect in the manufacturing of the device itself."
    Last edited by palandri; 08/28/2009 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Fixed link
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    doesn't look like damage to me, looks like the shield is still on there.

InvisibleShieldDamage
    Hmm...does sound weird.

Probably a Palm problem or a problem with that area of the phone getting worn, dropped (NOT SAYING YOU DID, no flame), heat, etc

I have an IS and had to take 2 off as they got streched during installation (so 3 total on the same phone) and not problems with it peeling anything off.

Looks like an isolated incident to me.

Sorry for your lose. Palm nor ZAGG will problems with the astetics.
    That sucks.. I don't know what I'd do if my palm screen got jacked up like that.
    I had an IS on my ipod for years. When the corners started peeling up I went to take it off to apply a new one. That's when I found out that IS's don't always come off cleanly. I had adhesive all over my ipod. I am now a very happy boxwave convert
    What is all that crap all over the screen? Looks like an inch of lint.....anyway, I have had an IS on every phone I have owned lately, and my iPod touch as well, and never had any issues with screen damage. The only bad thing I have to say about IS is peeling around corners (I just trim them down for just screen/back coverage now.), and the orange peel effect. Sorry about your experience though. I just can't see the IS doing that to a screen.
    I likey take apart thingies....
  7.    #7  
    Indeed, there's a pretty copious amount of dust on the skin. As I'd planned on returning it, I wanted to make sure it didn't affix itself to anything such that I wouldn't be able to remove it, and I was pretty unconcerned with what it picked up.

I realize that it's less than attractive in the photos.

Also, my phone is fresh from being peeled in those photos -- obviously, I didn't wipe it down at all before I shot it.
    the Zaggs have a tint to them as well which makes them completely undesireable to me.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    I have an IS and had to take 2 off as they got streched during installation (so 3 total on the same phone) and not problems with it peeling anything off.
    How long were yours on? This one was on for about 16 hours or so, and the only heat to which it was exposed was the warmth that came from charging on the Touchstone.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by neile45 View Post
    doesn't look like damage to me, looks like the shield is still on there.
    No protector on it, no.

Thanks very much for posting the link for me.
    Lesson learned. Don't take off the shield.
    Quote Originally Posted by AxeYrCat View Post
    How long were yours on? This one was on for about 16 hours or so, and the only heat to which it was exposed was the warmth that came from charging on the Touchstone.
    I had my first one one for about 5 days until a replacement arrived, and then the second one for about 8 days.

On my third one now (love ZAGG CS dept.) and no problems thus far.
    That's nothing!

Upon unpacking for the first time, I installed the shield on my iPod Classic just like have done with many other devices. Recently, an acquaintance was looking for a protective case for their newly purchased iPhone.

I was showcasing my iPod highlighting the great marvels of the InvisibleShield. In the end, they asked if it would really protect it. I said, "Of course." I whipped out my key and struck the back several times only to see the key slice right through the InvisibleShield and scour the untouched and pristine chrome back.

Now, I still showcase the InvisibleShield on my iPod. However, only to warn them of the perils of marketing hype and near fraudulent commercials.
    Last edited by Seedillume; 08/26/2009 at 05:07 PM.
    I had an IS on my Pre first peeled it off because I got the Seidio Innocase for it, now I have the Seidio Ultimate Screen guard and find its better. I cant even tell its on there. The only thing is I wished it covered more of the screen.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I have an IS on my Pre. About one week after it was on I noticed a dark tint on part of the screen. I removed it and no longer there. I replaced it with another one and in exactly the same place the exact spot appeared. I contacted Zagg and they told me the IS does absorb color from the case I use - I have the Palm case. So, I do not know if that is true or not so I live with the spot for now.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I had the invisble shield on my phone and, quite honestly, I rather liked it. I ineviably took both the front and the back shields off because I was having a rough time putting it in the pouch it came with - seems that the surface of the invisible shield is not conducive to the material of the pouch. It just started to really suck when my phone would ring and i had to squeeze my phone out of the pouch. Wanting to avoid any type of squeezing, which might eventually lead to a looser phone and then >gasp< the dreaded "oreo effect," I decided to take them off. I found on ebay several different NON-ADHESIVE screen protectors, the simply "stick" onto the surface of the phone; NO CHEMICALS, NO SPONGE, NO SPRAYS just place it over the area of the phone you wish to protect and that's it. The good thing about that is that my phone fits normally as it should, into its protective pouch and (here's the best part), it literally cost 1/2 of the price of a ZAGG! Oh, yeah, it also came with 3 sets - front and back! The only down side is that it does have a little glare to it but nothing too major. I would suggest to anyone intrested in a screen protector to check out ebay because just like the lot of you, I'm still waiting for a Palm product that will address this issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    Lesson learned. Don't take off the shield.
    Wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by phidalgo View Post
    Wow.
    ? Point of the original post...

* Invisible Shield is bad, because when he took it off of his Pre it left gunk on the screen and messed it up.

What I got out of that was "don't take the shield off".

Keep your thumbs to yourself.
    Last edited by pogeypre; 08/27/2009 at 12:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    ? Point of the original post...

* Invisible Shield is bad, because when he took it off of his Pre it left gunk on the screen and messed it up.

What I got out of that was "don't take the shield off".

Keep your thumbs to yourself.
    In regards to your initial post in this thread, I'll keep my thumbs down.

Did he concede and admit that it was indeed gunk?

If my eyes are not playing tricks on me, I don't believe he has.

Though the pictures don't conclusively point in on direction, be it gunk or actual plastic from the Pre screen, your initial comment was rather inflammatory and/or abrasive.

So yea,
    In good fun, I'll argue that he did concede when he thanked someone for pointing out that it was in fact, gunk from the screen.

So let me ask you, what did you contribute to the thread by saying he shouldn't have removed the skin?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast