Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I bought an InvisableShield while purchasing my Pre. I won't do that again...Almost needed a straight jacket by the time I had that bugger on my Pre....
    Quote Originally Posted by AxeYrCat View Post
    I don't know how anyone can say that the IS 'looks great' -- it looks all sorts of awful to me. The orange-peel effect is WAY too pronounced for it to ever look even halfway decent.
    A friend has the ZAGG IS on his pre, and I agree, the surface looks like crap.
    Also worth mentioning... I work with plastics quite a bit and it *is* possible that the Pre has a scratch resistant hard coating on the screen, especially if the screen is made from a polycarbonate, which is relatively soft. The coating is almost like a thin (a few mils at most) coating of glass. This hard coating can sometimes be lifted/chipped off/peeled by removing a film or tape with a strong adhesive... I know as I have done it once or twice on hardcoated plastic.

You would not see this with an iChoad as they have glass screens, that just break.

So, that may be a pretty good theory as to what happened... if so, it might be Palm's fault for a defective screen coating or it may be ZAGG's fault for their product having too strong of an adhesive that peeled part of your screen's hardcoat... or it may be your fault for putting the IS on and peeling it off.

Maybe someone can confirm the Pre's screen composition.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DrHeathenScum View Post
    Also worth mentioning... I work with plastics quite a bit and it *is* possible that the Pre has a scratch resistant hard coating on the screen, especially if the screen is made from a polycarbonate, which is relatively soft. The coating is almost like a thin (a few mils at most) coating of glass. This hard coating can sometimes be lifted/chipped off/peeled by removing a film or tape with a strong adhesive... I know as I have done it once or twice on hardcoated plastic.

You would not see this with an iChoad as they have glass screens, that just break.

So, that may be a pretty good theory as to what happened... if so, it might be Palm's fault for a defective screen coating or it may be ZAGG's fault for their product having too strong of an adhesive that peeled part of your screen's hardcoat... or it may be your fault for putting the IS on and peeling it off.

Maybe someone can confirm the Pre's screen composition.
    There was a thread on this forum where they talked about the Pre's screen composition.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...n-plastic.html

There it is. The 5th poster has a link to more detailed description of the Pre's screen technology.
    Bingo...
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234