Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by phidalgo View Post
    In good fun, I'll argue that he did concede when he thanked someone for pointing out that it was in fact, gunk from the screen.

So let me ask you, what did you contribute to the thread by saying he shouldn't have removed the skin?
    In regards to your initial post in this thread, I'll keep my thumbs down.

Did he concede and admit that it was indeed gunk?

If my eyes are not playing tricks on me, I don't believe he has.

Though the pictures don't conclusively point in on direction, be it gunk or actual plastic from the Pre screen, your initial comment was rather inflammatory and/or abrasive.

So yea,
    Brother. I learned to not take the shield off. How is it inflammatory to point out that his post helped me.

I would rather not jack up my phone, so I will leave my shield on.
    It shouldn't damage the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by sixerztres View Post
    It shouldn't damage the phone.
    I removed mine once, but did so after about a week or so(bubbles would not go away). I was very careful, though, and no problems with the phone to this day.

Just worrying about testing my luck. Can't see the I.S. cause dead pixels, but could see it increasing the oreo affect. I have installed 40 or 50 I.S.'s without any issues, but if it can happen once, it might happen again.

I will wait till I have a pretty darn good reason before I remove it again.
    Yah I think it would probably increase the chance of "OREO" as you have to push the bubbles out etc and fondling the phone a bit to get it all slick looking...lol...but still worht putting it on
  5.    #25  
    In good fun, I'll argue that he did concede when he thanked someone for pointing out that it was in fact, gunk from the screen.
    While I will admit that there is dust on the screen and that the screen is dirty in the photos, the issue is not gunk left on the screen from the InvisibleSHIELD, it is that the InvisibleSHIELD removed a[n albeit small] portion of my screen when it was removed.

It definitely should not harm the phone in the removal process, and it most certainly did.

If my Pre was within factory tolerances, I would think that ZAGG's tolerances should account for that.
    This is a shame to hear, I was thinking about getting one. Thanks for the heads up!
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    After installing my I.S. my power button started acting like it was being held down. I don't know if it was from the water, or from using my palm to smooth out the corners. Either way, I just cut off the tab from the screen protector on my new phone. No bubbles, no dust.
    I went with Ghost Armor and after 1 day a have a few bubbles, but hopefully there will go away.
  9.    #29  
    One of the things that's really amazed me about this whole experience is that people are totally okay paying a premium price for a fancy sticker (that may cause damage to your device upon removal) that they have to modify with a razor blade to make work properly...

I mean, if the thing cost $5 or so, I would think that extra effort reasonable perhaps... But not for the ~$20 that it actually costs.
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by sensai28 View Post
    I just cut off the tab from the screen protector on my new phone. No bubbles, no dust.
    That's funny!
    I cut the tab off mine until my IS arrived since it was a pre-order before the Pre came out...have had my IS on the whole time since then and nothing wrong yet...AND i didn't pay $20...I paid like $12...Memorial $(1/2) Sale on ZAGG.com
    invisible shield suck try extreme guard way better ive tried them all extreme is good im going to be selling them in my shop...but invisible didn't do nothing to my pre
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rem_kujawa View Post
    I had an IS on my Pre first peeled it off because I got the Seidio Innocase for it, now I have the Seidio Ultimate Screen guard and find its better. I cant even tell its on there. The only thing is I wished it covered more of the screen.

Seidio > IS

And I had just the opposite experience with Zagg's CS staff. They were asses. I'll never buy from them again. Seidio, OTHO, was outstanding.

bj
    i have been using the IS on my pre for a month and dont seem to have any problems with looks awesome
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by vnmous1 View Post
    And I had just the opposite experience with Zagg's CS staff. They were asses. I'll never buy from them again.
    bj
    Agreed. ZAGG was absolutely pathetic.

Note to other individuals:
    It's great that your InvisibleSHIELD is working out for you, but if you've not tried to remove it, you haven't exactly experienced the circumstances that caused my problems.

Also, I don't know how anyone can say that the IS 'looks great' -- it looks all sorts of awful to me. The orange-peel effect is WAY too pronounced for it to ever look even halfway decent.
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    ? Point of the original post...

* Invisible Shield is bad, because when he took it off of his Pre it left gunk on the screen and messed it up.

What I got out of that was "don't take the shield off".

Keep your thumbs to yourself.
    What I got out of this is IS sucks. I also got it from my own experience, both with a self install and a "pro" install.

Beyond that, their return/replacement policy is a load of crap. They intentionally make the hoops such that 90% of customers won't jump through them. Smart SHORT TERM policy to control your losses for inferior products.
    Extremely POOR policy if you ever would like to see a customer again.

That said, and don't take this personally because it's not about you, allow me to add my

And, since this is my 2nd rant in less than 5 posts, let me also add
    Thanks for the heads up. I'll probably stay away from shields for a little while.
    My invisibleSHIELD™ looks great..
    I put the invisibleSHIELD on my Palm Pre and also my wife and sons exclaim with no problems.
    If you can't install this with out bubbles than you should have had it done by a professional.
    \ just my 2 cents
    Well sorry that happen to u but I have to take my more than five time yes u hear right 5 time and I never had problem like u, who know may be I'm lucky 5 time but so far is working good and if u wan to know why 5 time well 3 time cuz the bubble won't go away so I take back to place where pay to apply for me and 2 time because I had 2 phone pre that fail and ever time that I exchange the phone to sprint I have to take off the IS before they will change the phone for me .
    Nail Polish Remover will take the "gunk" off .....
    If my post helped you, Please Thanks Me !
    -sYnOnYx-
    --Pre User--
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast