Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am ready to pull the trigger on a 2600 extended battery. It looks like the two options are Seidio and Amzer. While I have found user reviews on the Seidio, I have not found Amzer reviews. - I have seen the youtube Amzer video -

I prefer the design of the Amzers back plate with its more squared off look. However, if there is a reason (besides price) I should stick with the Seidio, please let me know.
    I'd be interested in a head-to-head review of Seidio vs. Amzer batteries too, but does anyone actually have both?
    i am the same way. i just cancelled my mugen 1300 battery because i am leaving town and didn't want it sitting on my porch for 3 weeks, the trip was the reason i ordered an extended battery. now i am back on the market for an extended battery. i love the Seidio battery cover, not all shiny and lego looking like the amzer, but none the less, they haven't got a TS cover for it.

how hard is to just throw that little magnet on their and some connections already. it's really pointless to have one without the other, IMO. So for now, I wait and read what everyone has to say. oh ya, that pesky little picture problem needs to be fixed too. Really Seidio, how hard is it to just recess the flash and camera holes a little further down, we already accept the bulk of the case, a little more flush on the flash and camera holes wouldn't be such an problem.
    Seido has already annouced both a free back fix, and touchstone support soon.
    That would be great...a back that doesn't have the flash issue is a must and a touchstone back would be the bomb....but how long is soon....6 months?
    Flash problem should be fixed within the next week or two, not sure about the touchstone support. But the Amzer doesn't have the touchstone support either, and unlike Seidio, aren't active in this forum.
    It would be nice to have a head-to-head comparo. Even still, I think Seidio will be my choice because I have dealt with them over the years and they have also announced a TS-compatible back in the future (thats what I am waiting on).

I'm still curious though, to see if those extra 200mah make much of a difference. But then again, 2600mah is probably more than I need.
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    i know that seidio has said that they'll provide the updated battery door that is supposed to correct the issues with the flash at no charge, but i wonder what they'll charge for a new TS door. These batteries are so pricey I find myself wanting to wait so i don't have to completely overpay for the upgrade to a ts door.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I have been selling the Amzer 2800 mAh for a month now, -0- returns and cant keep them in stock fast enough, there have been no issues at all and no Flash Problems, Amzer is working on a TS. I use the battery as well and get an average of 2+ days of usage! Pm me for additional details if you like, since i cant post any for sale details here! These batteries are very hard to come by right now.

ToyMan
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I just pulled the trigger on the Amzer 2800 earlier this morning so, I'll post a review after I get and use it for a few days.

Having the wimpy battery in the Pre has sure made me appreciate the after market batteries. I have ALWAYS bought extended batteries for my phones and don't care if they make them thicker. I'm not chained to a power/usb outlet and I can turn on all the services that my phone offers. It's completely worth it until we have nuclear power. THEN it will be "release the hounds!".
    Oh, one other point to make...Seidio has almost a full compliment of accessories to compliment the bigger Pre that their battery causes. Does Amzer offer holsters/pouches or even hard cases like the Innocase? It may not be a deal breaker for all, but something to consider.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    A quick check of prices for each battery that I could find:

Seidio's 2600 $64.99

Amzer's 2800 $89.99

Is there a difference in battery life between the two?
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Oh, one other point to make...Seidio has almost a full compliment of accessories to compliment the bigger Pre that their battery causes. Does Amzer offer holsters/pouches or even hard cases like the Innocase? It may not be a deal breaker for all, but something to consider.
    They have a bigger leather case.
    Amzer SmartCell Extended Battery with Premium Horizontal Case For Palm - Palm Pre - Batteries - Fommy.com
    Does the Amzer battery cover have the same finish as the Pre or is it rubberized?
    I upgraded to the Seidio 2600 battery and I am very happy with the battery performance.
    I have 3 charges on the battery so far and each time the battery last longer than the last. I actually think the new rear cover makes the phone better.
    Better grip
    Easier to open slide
    phone feels more sturdy when the keyboard is exposed
    The rear of the phone does not get as hot during extended use.
    (I use my phone to much)
    I will report back with any issues
    Just my 2 cents

PS. the battery seems to have fixed the shutoff problem / must fit a little tighter
    Last edited by Flak1969; 08/27/2009 at 02:04 PM.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I have the Amzer 3800 battery and it is awesome. It has the glossy back finish like the original Pre cover came with. Let me just say in three words, I LOVE IT!!!! I'm kinda sad that I can't use my two Touchstone's, but with the power this battery has, who needs it. Only two charges in and this phone has lasted a week. I turn it off for about 6 hours a night. I'm on day three after the second charge and still have 36% of the battery left. Now you may be thinking that I don't use my phone for it to last that long? Wrong! I use my phone all day long for Facebook, Twee, AP News, NFL mobile, calls and everything else that's great with this phone. I bought the battery for $129.95 off of prethinking.com. It's on sale for $89.95 at wirelessground.com. Which to me is an amazing deal. Even though it has the glossy back the slide functions easily. Much easier than when compared to the original Palm back door. This is due to size as you can put one finger on top of the battery while sliding with the thumb. Any questions, please feel free to ask.
    Big Jeff
    I'm wondering about the 2800 also? If the extra 200 mah males that much difference.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by freakybehavior View Post
    I'm wondering about the 2800 also? If the extra 200 mah males that much difference.
    With this phone I would say that it definitely makes a difference. Its the difference between an extra hour of use or your phone dying on you when you need the extra juice.
    But does 200mah/1hr justify the price descrepancy?
    Skuls you are the first person I know off that has the 3800, how are you dealing with the huge size difference. I have the 2600 and the phone looks like a brick...can't imagine the 3800. With my tether even the 2600 only lasts like 4 hours...so I wanted to get some info, pics, comparisons on the 3800
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast