Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aparigraba View Post
    Skuls you are the first person I know off that has the 3800, how are you dealing with the huge size difference. I have the 2600 and the phone looks like a brick...can't imagine the 3800. With my tether even the 2600 only lasts like 4 hours...so I wanted to get some info, pics, comparisons on the 3800
    I am dealing with the size just fine. I'll admit that it is definitely bigger, but you're only talking about another 1/4 inch over the size of the 2800 Or 2600 batteries. For the power you get out of the battery, the size isn't even noticeable. Like I said in my above post, it actually makes the slide easier. One thumb on the screen and an index finger on top of the phone. I have been using my phone all day today and its at 93%. I think that's pretty phenominal for this phone. The battery is still glowing green. The size doesn't matter to me. The amount of times I have to charge it, and the use that I get out of that charge, do matter. I did a whole week, 7 days, on two charges. I would post pictures, but my digital camera is broken. You can go to youtube and look up the comparison. Let me know if you have any more questions.
    i have 2600 Seido and im really SATIFIED, the size is almost as treo 650 or treo 700 but it doesn't bother me bc its not that huge. Fully charged from 630am, i use aim on, surf around internet and update every 30 mins email and i use alot of text msg and several phone call. Before I go to bed around 10pm to midnight my battery get down to around 50 to 60 percent!!! WORTH IT TRUST ME!!!!
    I have a question.

Is there any difference in the look and feel between the Seidio 2600 and the Amzer 2800? I have heard different things about the battery door for each (e.g., Seidio's obstructs the flash? What are the details about this)?

I don't care about the extra 200 mAh necessarily...but if the Amzer has a better look and feel than the Seidio, or some other benefit I don't know of, I'd like to know.

Is the $20 (at least) price difference between Seidio and Amzer justified by the Amzer?

I do not have a Pre yet, so I can't say how I feel about size issues or how I feel about the battery (quite simply, I haven't tried it out). I can say that I have come from the AT&T Tilt/HTC Kaiser, so I'm used to bulky phones...so I'm not too displeased for the bulk of a 2600/2800...but I don't think I'm hardcore enough to go for a 3800.

Thanks in advance for any responses...I guess this topic is a bit old, but I didn't want to make a new topic when there already was a topic addressing the issu.
    does anyone have a side by side pic of how thick this makes the phone?

edit; forget it i found it
    the only reason i'm weary of the Seidio 2600 is because i've seen a post about some guy with a bad review of Seidio batteries. he said they die within a year or two. I havn't seen anything else about this but im double checking, because if the Seidio checks out to be a good battery, i'd get it for the savings. otherwise i'm gna go with Amzer
    Quote Originally Posted by subversiveasset View Post
    I have a question.

Is there any difference in the look and feel between the Seidio 2600 and the Amzer 2800? I have heard different things about the battery door for each (e.g., Seidio's obstructs the flash? What are the details about this)?

I don't care about the extra 200 mAh necessarily...but if the Amzer has a better look and feel than the Seidio, or some other benefit I don't know of, I'd like to know.

Is the $20 (at least) price difference between Seidio and Amzer justified by the Amzer?

I do not have a Pre yet, so I can't say how I feel about size issues or how I feel about the battery (quite simply, I haven't tried it out). I can say that I have come from the AT&T Tilt/HTC Kaiser, so I'm used to bulky phones...so I'm not too displeased for the bulk of a 2600/2800...but I don't think I'm hardcore enough to go for a 3800.

Thanks in advance for any responses...I guess this topic is a bit old, but I didn't want to make a new topic when there already was a topic addressing the issu.
    The Seidio back is similar to the touchstone back. While the Amzer/Mugen cover is similar in finish to the stock battery cover
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skulbonz View Post
    I have the Amzer 3800 battery and it is awesome....
    You, sir, are awesome. Thank you for taking the time to confirm what I had hoped: that the 3800 might just last me all day. Thank you, thank you, thank you. And thank you for the heads up on the lower price dealio at wirelessground.com.
    I'll return the favor by buying this beast and doing a review or two on the web as well to spread the word.
    Im not paying nearly 60 bucks for either of those two...22.60 with tax and shipping off ebay did me just well Charging now.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmac250 View Post
    Im not paying nearly 60 bucks for either of those two...22.60 with tax and shipping off ebay did me just well Charging now.
    From the reviews of the $22 battery it doesn't sound worth the $$. It lasts only a day because it doesn't hold a charge. Save your $ & stick with the stock rather that the $22 battery

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...tery-ebay.html
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dmac250 View Post
    You have gone into every thread related to these batteries and needlessly posted this. Post a review when you have used it more then a few weeks and can actually make comments.

Me personally I'll be enjoying my reliable 2600 in the meantime
    because its true and why not say something when i feel like the others are a rip off..im just stating my opinion based on my couple days of use and i get through a whole day no problem..Hold a charge? Um if I'm able to get through a whole day with no issue and with heavy use then why not speak up? You don't have to follow me around and find what i post..my opinion has been based on the subject, i wouldn't post unless i was happy with the purchase stop being stupid. There is issues I've found with taking photos but I've found a fix for that. Get the one you want, obviously you are happy with the one you got and for the price I'm definitely happy with mine. That's all...will take your advise and see what happens after sometime of repeated use and draining it all the way down..i will say when i did try and drain it down it took forever. I think before you can say what you are you would need to try it..dont talk unless you know what you are talking about, its been very reliable..way more than stock.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Well, I've just finished my 3rd day with the 3800ma Amzer. The size turned out to be a non-issue. I didn't even have to change my belt holster from the one I had been using. The "pregnant pre" fits just fine.

This battery definitely lasts longer, but, even with a full charge, I'm under 10% battery strength in about 5-6 hours of use. It's not exactly what I was hoping for, but it's a far cry better than the OEM piece of junk. On the bright side, it will at least last me for most of my flights. And, I bought a d/c charger so I can try to keep it topped off throughout the day.

Just for comparison this morning, my son and I switched batteries. I used his Seidio 2600 with my Pre and he used my 3800 with his. I took his fully charged 2600ma battery down to 4% in just over 3 hours. Unfortunately, he didn't have time to experiment much with my 3800ma, so it still had 84% when I traded back his dead Seidio. He was shocked because he had never been able to run his out--even in a whole day. It only took about 3 1/2 hours from that point before I had to plug my pre into a wall outlet because it was already in the red.

Although I wasn't happy about having to buy the battery life that should have come standard with the phone, the 3800 is well worth it to me. I'm on the go too much to be constantly plugged in.

If I can work out some of the major functionality deficiencies with the Pre so that I can keep it, I'll have to buy another 3800ma battery in order to go a whole day truly "cord-free."
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PREtarted View Post
    I used his Seidio 2600 with my Pre and he used my 3800 with his. I took his fully charged 2600ma battery down to 4% in just over 3 hours. "
    What were you running that you could of ran the battery down that quickly?

The only thing I've seen use juice even close to that level is navigation and even then I got almost three hours on the stock battery. Were you multitasking while navigating? what apps were you running? what mods do you have?

I have a 2600 battery, in a poor signal area (often see my phone switching between roam, 1x and evdo) I can have full screen brightness, constant use of irssi+bitblee in terminal, multiple web cards open, nfl app, a streamed NFL game (audio) or music (streamed or local) and get at least 8+ hours out of a 2600. It makes me think something is incredibly wrong with your battery.
    At the beginning of this thread, people stated that Seidio announced a TS battery "coming soon." Are they talking about the 1400mAh extended battery? When will their 2600 battery be TS compatible?
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by punzada View Post
    What were you running that you could of ran the battery down that quickly?

The only thing I've seen use juice even close to that level is navigation and even then I got almost three hours on the stock battery. Were you multitasking while navigating? what apps were you running? what mods do you have?

I have a 2600 battery, in a poor signal area (often see my phone switching between roam, 1x and evdo) I can have full screen brightness, constant use of irssi+bitblee in terminal, multiple web cards open, nfl app, a streamed NFL game (audio) or music (streamed or local) and get at least 8+ hours out of a 2600. It makes me think something is incredibly wrong with your battery.
    I haven't modded, patched, or homebrewed anything. I only have 2 or 3 cards open at any one time. The day I ran the 2600 down so fast I was using youtube quite a bit to demonstrate a new commercial to people, but it shouldn't have run out like that. I know nothing's wrong with the batteries because it doesn't matter whether I use the 1150, 2600, or the 3800. They all run out too quickly.

The more I'm talking to other pre owners the more I think I've got a weird problem with the pre unit itself. Since I'm still within the 30 days I guess I'll swap it out for a new one and see if that will help.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    ...and so much for the switching pre's idea. The battery still runs down like butter on a crab pot. All's I can say is thank you amzer for making the 3800 "day battery." So far there have only been a handful of times my pre hasn't made it through the whole day with that sucker.
    I'd take the exchange the Pre, it seems like it's eating the battery to fast. I'm getting 5 days now with the 3800. That's using the gps & navigation a couple times a day, heavy internet use & using some youtube.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12