1.    #1  
    I have hearing aids that have a BT interface through a device call a streamer. When a call comes in the input goes straight to the hearing aids and you talk into the streamer handing around the neck, works great because no one can hear the call. The problem is the Bluetooth kicks in at other inopportune times. Applications such as GPS functions and other apps keep turning on the BT interface. When the BT kicks in, it suppresses the hearing functions of the hearing aids and tunnels the background noise. It is very distracting; I have to keep turning the function off on the streamer. Not sure if other people are having this problem or if it is related to other BT issues. How do we tell Palm about these issues (other than these forums)? BTW, using the BT & Pre to listen to music is great because no one knows that you are actually listening to music. Just can’t do it because the battery doesn’t last very long.
    Give a few complete examples and I will test. I suspect that any Pre application that produces sound would attempt to transfer that sound via BT once that function is on.

I use Siemens "Tek Connect" with my hearing aids and the Pre. I have been quite pleased with the results. I also use the Pre via BlueTooth in my car. There, I just use the Pre's BT preferences to select "Camry" as opposed to "Tek Connect" and the phone then switches to the car BT system.
    Wow isn't that a little too much to carry around with you..? your phone, your bluetooth remote controlled Siemen "tek connect"??? not to mention your hearing aids?

Dude, I don't know what the hearing aid industry is doing these days but from what I'm hearing -the newer hearing instruments do not even come close to competing with the older ones. I'm still in "old school" fashion: now currently wearing the discontinued Eli BT attached to my starkey hearing aid.. and the palm pre. (2 items) and that's it.

Now one problem I can't figure out since all my calls are "crystal clear" I make and receive calls without a hitch. So why can't I stream music from the pre's mp3 player to my hearing aid via Eli bluetooth. I suspect there is something (on the pre's end) preventing it from streaming music. My Eli is always on.. what's wrong? any ideas?

Second anyone know of a SIP/IP phone app that I can use with Gizmo or Vonage? They offer unlimited call plans. Would be nice to have something like this built to suit the users needs. The app has to work over 3G or wifi network and if I get my hands on this feature it better have bluetooth too.
    Hey Guys, great thread as I'm in the market for hearing aids and I need to be sure that whatever I get is compatible with my phone all which have BT...

Is there a suggested site where I can get more info..I'm considering some OTICONs and their streamer...

Are streamers interchangeable? Can I use someone else's streamer with the OTICON Hearing Aids?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I have the same issue as Spudscuba: The Oticon streamer turns on when I'm not on a call, which is really irritating.

The problem is most likely in the Pre's Bluetooth implementation, because this does not happen when linked with by BlackBerry Curve 8900.
    Has the recent phone update fixed the OTICON Streamer issue? I'm scheduled for my hearing aid fitting and it would be useful to know if the issue has been resolved...otherwise, I may have to try using the HA with my plantronics BT headset...

Thanks!
    Do these things support A2DP and Hands Free or just Hands Free?
    I have had the Oticon Streamer for a few days now and I have mixed feelings...

Pros:
    1. I can actually have a phone conversation and hear it on both ears. I'll keep testing this once I get used to the aids and have a chance to make some adjustment to sound levels.
    2. I can use the Streamer to hear music over my PC and my Pre. Music sounds great so far. So yes, it appears to support A2DP.
    3. I can use Sprint Nav and hear the voice prompts!!! Very nice. I have some adjusting to do..I'll get back to you..

Cons:
    1. Easily loses connection between Streamer and aids. I have not had a problem with losing BT connection. Time will tell
    2. No replaceable battery so when it dies it dies...

I'll continue to test. The drop outs might be due to a bad antenna..I'll test with a new one next week.

Regards,
    Here's an update to my previous post:

Pros:
    1. I can actually have a phone conversation and hear it on both ears. I'll keep testing this once I get used to the aids and have a chance to make some adjustment to sound levels.
    NOTE: You can also MUTE the mics on the Hearing Aids!!! Why would you do that? Well, when I want to listen to music or my phone call, I want outside noise blocked off. So hold down the vol button on the streamer and it will beep. This means that the HA mics are turned off. If you are on a call, the only mic on is the streamer mic.

2. I can use the Streamer to hear music over my PC and my Pre. Music sounds great so far. So yes, it appears to support A2DP. See my update to point #1

3. I can use Sprint Nav and hear the voice prompts!!! Very nice. I have some adjusting to do..I'll get back to you.. I love it! Now I can understand the voices on the GPS...

Cons:
    1. Easily loses connection between Streamer and aids. I have not had a problem with losing BT connection. Time will tell
    UPDATE: I had to replace the clip/lanyard. These piece is the antenna and it can be flacky so try the short or long one and see which fits you both. My Audiologist says these go out frequently so check with them if you have a faulty one!
    2. No replaceable battery so when it dies it dies...
    UPDATE: I've only killed it once and that's because I didn't charge it all night long...I had thought that I might need an extra, I don't. You may.

I hope this helps!
  10.    #10  
    I have talked to both Sprint and Palm. Seems Palm has not encounter this problem before. When it kicks on, the Speaker vol control on the Palm comes on. There needs to be a setting to have BT for phone or speakers only. Maybe someone can get this fixed.