Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Hey everyone. Just wanted to say that I got the Pre over the weekend. I have also DLed plenty of HomeBrew apps as well.

Now to the main part. I have a Pioneer DEH-7900BT stereo in my car. On my old phone (LG Musiq), the Bluetooth would connect automatically. My question is: how do I get my Pre to connect automatically as well? Last couple of days, I've had to connect it manually. It works beautifully (only tried phone calls, not the media player yet).

For Pioneer car radios like the DEH-P7900BT you have to use a two step process to get a phone to auto-reconnect. This is done this way so that you could have a person in your car who wants to use the hands free from their phone, but it's only a one time thing. It's easy to connect or pair the phone and radio, but it will not auto-reconnect unless the phone is registered with the car radio.

I recommend going back and starting the pairing process from the beginning. Just after you have entered your password (0000) turn the Pioneer car radio's volume knob to the right. You should see "Set Phone, P1" and "No Data". Press the volume knob in and the phone will be registered. It should then auto-reconnect.

Since you have already had a phone registered with the car radio, you may see the old phone registration data. If you have the option to delete the old phone data, I would recommend doing that.

I hope that helps.
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Very good point. Thanks prebcyj7.