Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 66
  1. #41  
    just put my order in for one. hoping that some day down the road they'll come up with a cover that works with the touchstone. but...when it comes to my first pre accessory...longer battery life is a must. not an easier way to charge a battery that wont last me through the work day.

    but, the longer battery and an easy charge at night? WIN!
  2. madolen's Avatar
    Posts
    483 Posts
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    #42  
    How did you get the phone to read the correct percentage... The phone reads the percentage off the levels set for the smaller battery... My phone has been on since 6 am and it still says 100 percent... Until it gets below 1100 MaH the battery indicator is usless.
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by madolen View Post
    How did you get the phone to read the correct percentage... The phone reads the percentage off the levels set for the smaller battery... My phone has been on since 6 am and it still says 100 percent... Until it gets below 1100 MaH the battery indicator is usless.
    I never had a problem with that, it read mine correctly right away.
  4. DKatman's Avatar
    Posts
    102 Posts
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by madolen View Post
    How did you get the phone to read the correct percentage... The phone reads the percentage off the levels set for the smaller battery... My phone has been on since 6 am and it still says 100 percent... Until it gets below 1100 MaH the battery indicator is usless.
    How long have you had the battery?

    When I first had mine in, I was sending my brother updates every few hours as to the battery life (We both have the Pre, I went for the upgraded battery, he has the touchstone). It was over 5 hours stuck at 100%, maybe more. I realized it did seem to only count down once it hit the size the OEM battery seem to be.I was reading around the forums. I tried to let the battery completely drain to get it to recalibrate as it juiced it back up. I only made it down to about the 20% mark, constantly running video trying to wear down the battery.

    After the next fill, it seemed to register correctly. I get awful reception at work. It tends to frop about 4% per hour. It is rock solid over weekends when I get better reception. Overall it has been a great investment.

    Try letting the battery run down. Otherwise, i would guess it takes about 4 days to adjust.

    Dave
  5. #45  
    I bought this, then Amazon sent me a new one because the battery stopped working after a few days. Then Amazon sent me a new one that was DoA. Then I moved on to an Amzer.
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    I bought this, then Amazon sent me a new one because the battery stopped working after a few days. Then Amazon sent me a new one that was DoA. Then I moved on to an Amzer.
    Sucks you had such a bad experience. If you would have contacted Seidio directly, I am sure they would have helped you out, they have great customer support! Mine is going as strong as ever.
  7. #47  
    Great review man. I just got the battery today and i agree with you manny it does help with the grip of the phone. It is not too thick and i think i will get the innocase with the extended back to help with extra protection (gotta protect my baby you know). I'm going to see this weekend how it fares because i work and dj so my phone will be off the charger from 9am until like 4 or 5 am the next day. Hopefully it was worth the purchase.
  8. #48  
    I got the battery last week and am getting around 36 hours between charges with WiFi on all the time (even when no Wi-Fi available). My usage is primarily 1-2 1 hour calls a day and heay internet, texting and "playing"..
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by stephan7b7 View Post
    Great review man. I just got the battery today and i agree with you manny it does help with the grip of the phone. It is not too thick and i think i will get the innocase with the extended back to help with extra protection (gotta protect my baby you know). I'm going to see this weekend how it fares because i work and dj so my phone will be off the charger from 9am until like 4 or 5 am the next day. Hopefully it was worth the purchase.
    As long as you don't watch videos for hours on end or browse the internet constantly, you should not have a problem making it that long.

    Go ahead and get the innocase for it. I was never a big fan of cases, but I am loving this thing! I wrote a little review on it too here in the forum, just in case you haven't seen it yet.

    Thanks everyone for the positive feedback on my review.

    I have to make one little correction to make on a comment I made on page 2 about just taking the old back cover off to take a picture with flash to avoid the over exposure problem, well, of course that doesn't work because the key is that the flash and the lens need to be separated from each other which of course is not the case when you take the cover off completely. But anyhow, this is all water under the bridge since the new cover works perfectly!
  10. punzada's Avatar
    Posts
    137 Posts
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    #50  
    Just purchased a 2600, and I am currently draining after the second charge. I actually like the size improvement, I feel more 'stable' while typing if that makes sense (probably does to people that have it).

    I killed it in about 5 hours on the first charge really abusing it, either youtube or accuradio was going at all times, on evdo rev a in a not-great signal area, on irssi with bitlbee (aim,msn,yahoo all connected), full screen brightness and a few web page cards with various pages (facebook full, myspace full and a few others).

    Today I took it off the charger at 11:20AM, had one quick phone call (5 or so minutes) and occasional web browsing throughout the day on the evdo rev a radio. At around 9pm I connected again (this time on wifi) to irssi+bitlbee, did some more browsing and since have watched a little youtube, it is now 2:15AM and I am at 35% battery remaining.

    I'll post more after I get past the 5-6 charge mark and update the usage I've been getting has been (or sooner if there is anything worthwhile to mention in the meantime)

    Have to say really enjoying it so far and the hope that it may even improve from here is fantastic.
  11. #51  
    Made a believer out of me...going to buy one this weekend. I've been debating for weeks now between the TS and the extended battery. This helped me realize what a battery should do, and that is last all day and then some!

    Great review, pics of them end to end really sold me, not to bad.
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Hello All,

    Just to reaffirm that MannyZ28 has mentioned. We will be sending out a replacement battery door to anyone who requests it, free of charge.
    As with all of our products, we're very committed to your satisfaction. We are absolutely working on a modification to eliminate this issue. If you'd like to go ahead and put your name in now, please send an email to forum@seidio.com with the following information:

    Email Subject Line: Pre 2600 Battery Door
    Your Name
    Order Number
    Ship to Address
    So if I order one of these from Amazon now will it still come with the old door or do all the new shipments have the new door?
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by GregandTink View Post
    Made a believer out of me...going to buy one this weekend. I've been debating for weeks now between the TS and the extended battery. This helped me realize what a battery should do, and that is last all day and then some!

    Great review, pics of them end to end really sold me, not to bad.
    Thank you. Glad my review was helpful to you and all the others that since then purchased the battery.
  14. csquare's Avatar
    Posts
    83 Posts
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    So if I order one of these from Amazon now will it still come with the old door or do all the new shipments have the new door?
    Some one in another post said that they received the new door with their shipment from Amazon. If not, Sedio has said they can send you one.
  15. punzada's Avatar
    Posts
    137 Posts
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by punzada View Post
    Just purchased a 2600, and I am currently draining after the second charge. I actually like the size improvement, I feel more 'stable' while typing if that makes sense (probably does to people that have it).

    I killed it in about 5 hours on the first charge really abusing it, either youtube or accuradio was going at all times, on evdo rev a in a not-great signal area, on irssi with bitlbee (aim,msn,yahoo all connected), full screen brightness and a few web page cards with various pages (facebook full, myspace full and a few others).

    Today I took it off the charger at 11:20AM, had one quick phone call (5 or so minutes) and occasional web browsing throughout the day on the evdo rev a radio. At around 9pm I connected again (this time on wifi) to irssi+bitlbee, did some more browsing and since have watched a little youtube, it is now 2:15AM and I am at 35% battery remaining.

    I'll post more after I get past the 5-6 charge mark and update the usage I've been getting has been (or sooner if there is anything worthwhile to mention in the meantime)

    Have to say really enjoying it so far and the hope that it may even improve from here is fantastic.
    Just giving my update, like most others have said I can get about 2-2 1/2 days out of this battery with light usage no sweat. I can really abuse it for over 7 hours (and we're talking abuse, streaming over evdo, multiple always-connected protocols, full brightness on the screen, multiple calls) and under my 'normal' use (which is probably high for most) at 24 hour stretch without needing a charge seems normal. I'm very, very happy with my purchase.
  16.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by punzada View Post
    Just giving my update, like most others have said I can get about 2-2 1/2 days out of this battery with light usage no sweat. I can really abuse it for over 7 hours (and we're talking abuse, streaming over evdo, multiple always-connected protocols, full brightness on the screen, multiple calls) and under my 'normal' use (which is probably high for most) at 24 hour stretch without needing a charge seems normal. I'm very, very happy with my purchase.
    Glad you like it too! Couldn't live without this thing!
  17. #57  
    Bought this battery a few days ago and is worth every penny. I am loving the battery life I get from my pre now.
  18. dpc
    dpc is offline
    dpc's Avatar
    Posts
    433 Posts
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    #58  
    That new case makes the phone look very buoyant.
  19. #59  
    Does anyone know of a vertical extended case? I just don't like horizontal cases...
  20. #60  
    Well, I ordered my 2600 directly from Seidio, and after reading this thread, decided I'd go ahead and email them about the touchstone compatible door. Here's the response I just got:

    "Thank you for your purchase of product. At this time we don’t have plans to release a Touchstone compatible battery door for our 2600mAh battery. We did make one revision to the door that addressed a flash issue that some of our customers were seeing, but this was some time ago.

    If you feel as though you’re experiencing over exposure issues with your flash please contact our customer service department at 832-204-1118 and they’ll assist you with getting a replacement.

    Please let us know if you have any other questions.


    Seidio Customer Service"

    Looks to me like they're not releasing the TS compatible door after all. They did fix the flash issue, which I've verified.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions