Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    I've never used Bluetooth from my Palm but I'd like to use for work on a boombox. Here are two I've found so far:

Parrot 60w Bluetooth Boombox - $259 - http://www.parrot.com/parrotpress/pa...overviewv1.pdf
    This is a little too big for what I can use at work. If it were smaller, it'd be nice.

Sony ZS-BT1 - $149 (Out of Stock everywhere) - http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...5181447]ZS-BT1

This is the one I actually prefer but cannot find it anywhere online. Does anyone have any suggestions for a similar-sized Bluetooth-compatible boombox? I'd use headphones but we require earplugs where I work. I plan to use Pandora and Shoutcast. =D
    Last edited by nirv; 08/21/2009 at 02:16 PM.
    Amazon.com: Logitech Squeezebox Boom All-In-One Wi-Fi Internet Radio: Electronics

Maybe something like this. Not BT, but can plug in Pre using aux port...if you still have a need to since it plays from a lot of sources already.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    That looks nice, but I do need to use the Bluetooth because otherwise my co-workers would complain since we're not supposed to have CDs or Mp3s and to them my phone would look like an Ipod.

I barely was able to convince my boss to allow me to use "internet radio" because they know how much I can't stand commercials and crappy music.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    After looking at that radio, I really wonder if there's a way to sync it up with my Palm pre because secretly, I'd like to be able to use Pandora, Shoutcast, and mp3s while the phone is either in my pocket or in a box away from the radio to make it seem less suspicious. :P

The Logitech Squeezebox needs Wifi Internet and isn't there some Homebrew apps that allow the Wifi connections to use its internet? If there's a possible way to do it, I'd LOVE to get that boombox and have it setup with only my Pre!
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    I'd really like to know if it works with the Homebrew App My Tether.
    mytether.net

It seems exactly what I need to get that Logitech Boom to work. Computer desk just raised 3 inches......
    Wait, I'm confused. This is weird. You can have a boom box at work, without headphones, but you can't have CDs or MP3s? I can't understand, it hurts my head. I've heard of places that can't have CDs or MP3s, but this was for security reasons, ie no media, and they also didn't allow cell phones. That doesn't seem to fit your situation. Seems arbitrary.

Sorry, here's a helpful comment: FWIW, My Tether uses ad-hoc wifi. Some things that use wifi expect a full-fledged access point and won't work with ad-hoc. If the squeezebox can handle ad-hoc connections, there's no reason why it shouldn't work.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Yeah. A Boombox meaning radio only. They had some issues with people bringing CDs with cussing and it made a lot of people angry. Radio usually doesn't have swearing -- something about FCC cluck cluck.

So I convinced them to let me use Internet radio. And we can have cellphones sitting on a table or something but not be using them while working so I can have my cellphone sitting on a table sharing Internet via WiFi to my Logitech Squeezebox Boom which is streaming Pandora or Shoutcast and they'll think nothing of it since a cable isn't going from my phone to my boombox in which case arms will start flailing and they won't be mine.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    I just got confirmation that the Boombox is compatible with Ad-Hoc. It doesn't seem very fussy. Here's the link, and I may just go pick up one today for (ouch) $299. http://www.tomsguide.com/us/-head-to...iew-315-5.html

Pretty hefty price for having access to better music without ads 8 hours a day but it's fine - I can't stand Maria Carey and the like. Hoo-boy!
    Last edited by nirv; 08/21/2009 at 02:17 PM.
    Ah, yes I see now. The cussing. That makes sense.

Good luck--let us know how it works out. This sounds like a really cool use of the Pre!
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Indeed. This is a VERY good use for the Pre in my situation. So I just ordered the Logitech Boombox and I'll be picking it up within the hour. I may make a Youtube video of it for others.

One thing I want to find out specifically, is there is a certain area at work that's pretty protected and enclosed and if you take a radio in there, you'll get mostly static so I'm wondering how my Palm will handle it. I'm guessing that even if the Palm only has 1x connection that should be enough to handle the stream. Oh it would be so nice not to hear static.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Holy crap I just got it connected to my Palm Pre and I'm absolutely amazed so far. This little radio has a lot of potential. :O