Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    mine works fine. The only thing I don't like is that the screen wont shut off and the light bothers me at night. Even the dark screen with the white numbered clock is way too bright. But I like my TS!
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    You know, it's funny. I'm by no means wealthy (far from it at the moment), but the $200 I spent on my Pre just doesn't elevate it to the same status that it has for some others. I just don't expect absolute perfection in what's really a pretty inexpensive device, relatively speaking, and I don't expect it to last forever. I bet some folks have notebooks that get much, much hotter than their Pre, and they probably just accept it as the nature of the beast.

I don't think of it that way. It's a $500-600 phone that you were fortunate enough to GET for $200.

It's not just what it costs you, but what it's worth (or what it would cost to replace with no insurance).

Otherwise, I'd say it's only worth $99 since that's what I spent on it (at Best Buy a month, ago) and that's what I'd pay for the deductible.

When you think of it like THAT, it kinda raises one's expectations a bit. Or not. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Then there's the fact that such a small device with such powerful components MUST get hot. It's practically required by the most basic laws of physics. Just doesn't bother me all that much...
    Kinda overstated there, imo. If it gets too hot to the touch, that's a problem, for any device not meant to warm up people, iron clothing, or cook food. (Don't mention any exceptions to me, like light bulbs, or I'll pretend that I use it to fry eggs. )

I had a rep of some computer company claim that my laptop was SUPPOSED to get hot enough to burn a small child. I don't believe in violent responses to non-violent offenses, but I'm glad this was by-phone or my philosophy would've been put to the test.

What were we talking about, again? *wanders off and plays with Pre*
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12