From Palm Forum:

"Does anyone know if you can have multiple Bluetooth connections open at the same time?

Here's what I'd like to accomplish:

I'd like to have my phone connected to my car to answer and make calls. However, my car doesn't support stereo Bluetooth, so I'd like to buy a receiver and connect to that so I can play music over Bluetooth.

Thanks.

Post relates to: Pre p100eww (Sprint)"

Palm Answer

"Greetings and welcome to Palm Forums

You can pair the pre to both but the OS will only use one at a time, however if you are using a stereo head set you can listen to music then when a call comes in the music can be stopped to take the call. ( not recomended for use in the car) safty issue.

Please check the knowledge base for advice and self help options at http://kb.palm.com and for windows help go to Microsoft Help and Support
Please post in the forums. PM's will not be answered."

My Question:

My understanding is that current bluetooth standards multihtreaded connection, up to 7 simultaneous device connections? So is the limitation to 1 connection ata time something that is imposed by Palm and the WebOS? Is it possible that they could upgrade this, or that a third party app could implement multiple connections?

What I desire to do, which appearantly is not possible, is to pair and connect the phone with my car as a hands free device, but then also pair with a bluetooth music gateway in the car using a2dp to stream music through the car audio. Any chance that will come anytime soon?