Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I'm wondering if anyone has issues like mine. I will list my setup to see if anyone has my same deal. I'm on Verizon fios for my ISP and my Airwave is hooked up to my router via a switch. It's close to a window and I've had all blue lights since day one. Here's my situation - I can be sitting right next to the Airwave sometimes and have a dropped call, sometimes I will inititate a call but I don't hear the notification and will have anywhere from 2-4 bars.

Any ideas as to what's causing my issues??

tx,
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by brandee621 View Post
    i'm gonna have to try this Airave..i've read some things abt it, but it's been a while. i'll hv to research it some more, but sounds like i may like it.
    Did you see the opening post and all of the links?

What else are you looking for?

- Craig
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by mpressive View Post
    I'm wondering if anyone has issues like mine. I will list my setup to see if anyone has my same deal. I'm on Verizon fios for my ISP and my Airwave is hooked up to my router via a switch. It's close to a window and I've had all blue lights since day one. Here's my situation - I can be sitting right next to the Airwave sometimes and have a dropped call, sometimes I will inititate a call but I don't hear the notification and will have anywhere from 2-4 bars.

Any ideas as to what's causing my issues??

tx,
    Call Sprint. Something is not working right.

- Craig
    Does anyone know if this will work with 512KB DSL? I have a lakehouse in the back country and the only DSL service available there is 512 Kbps. Cell reception is terrible there as well, so this would help as long as it isn't VOIP. (I tried using my magic Jack, but it was useless.)
    ok i just got of the phone with sprint, its not free, its costing me $49.99, then $4.99 amonth free sounds better then paying,,,lol it is backed order so they say maybe 2weeks, and thats with it being over night,,,,,,lol WOW. i cant wait to get it, and they say for $10 more free in comming and out going calles,,,,i have the data plan and 450min so i pay like close to $80 a month and i start free min at 6pm, i told them I get back to them,,,,lol, but stilll i cant wait
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    500 dropped calls since I got my pre......waited 3 weeks now for the backorder.....should be here 9/9...will report the "good news" after I set up!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    So make sure you have a decent high speed connection to use this. We have recently switched to a lower cost provider at a slower speed (still high speed I guess...) and sometimes the calls can get choppy. Down I get 512 to 1mb and up around 258 to 512. Not great (I am thinking of switching again...) so the air rave is actually off alot of times. So before you get too excited be sure you know it does take a lot of bandwidth.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I've called Sprint twice and spoke to Customer Retention, they have apparently discontinued giving away the Airave or waving the monthly service fee...........I mentioned the recent posts on the internet of people receiving for free and they apologized but said due to demand the "Free" devices were no longer available. I was then quoted $99.99, after much discussion and additional investigation they did inform me $49.99 is the correct price.

I was calm, polite yet persistent do I need to keep calling back until I reach the correct person????? I really do not mind paying the $49.99 if it helps the signal that much, but feel the $5 / Month is a bit much. Suggestions / ideas appreciated.
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    so sprint goofed up and sent me 2 airaves and I didn't get charged for either one also they are waving my monthly fee, hmm what am i going to do with the extra airave
    it did take a few calls to get mine for free and have the monthly fee waved so keep calling and im sure you will get it to
    i want an airave soooo bad
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Anyone else in SoCal have a problem where it thinks you are in Long Beach (GPS, etc.) even though you are nowhere close to Long Beach.
    I bought my airave on ebay a month ago, It's been incredible! I spend lots of time in my basement and my signal was weak until I got my airave. I would have got one a long time ago if I knew it was available.
    Quote Originally Posted by rebirth24 View Post
    Anyone else in SoCal have a problem where it thinks you are in Long Beach (GPS, etc.) even though you are nowhere close to Long Beach.
    Yes, me.

IT is what it is
    I called sprint about my extremely crappy service in my apartment. The website shows that i should have perfect service but i clearly don't. I called them back in the beginning of july they said since i've been a customer for 10 years they'll give me a airave for free. I just received my airave on september 10. I tried to connect but but the gps port was gone. As in a empty hole. I called sprint they said that they'll send a new one to me. I emailed them as well they said if a store has it then have them replace it so it's faster. Unfortunately all the stores are on backorder. Now i am stuck for another estimated month until i get a new airave. Anyone else have this problem?!
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Sucks dude, but they are trying at least.
    You know you only need the external antenna if you can't get a GPS signal without it. I've never hooked mine up. Still in a box somewhere. Mine is "fairly" close to a window with line of sight to satellites tho. Try and see.
    I have one and I didn't have to hook up the GPS receiver either. I have it on a shelf next to a window and it is working really well. My bars are almost always at 5 and before we barely got 2. It has made a big difference.
    Mary
    Palm Pre (her)
    Palm Pre (his)
    I have Sprint and proud of it!
    what happens with SMS? Is text messaging affected at all? I understand that the monthly fee is for voice, not necessarily SMS. Anyone have any experience with this?
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    My airave works great w/o the external gps antennae installed..Mine is about 5' from a window also.

I would try the airave w/o the gps and see if it works. After power up it does take some time to get all the lights to turn blue.
    I just got one! I wont be getting mine until some time next week because of the back order! I'm sure its worth the wait for me! I cant wait to try it out!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast