Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Ok, not really a problem, but kinda looks bad... :-)

I am installed one of my touchstones in one of my cars. Upside down "PALM" logo is bothered me. I took the TS apart and realized that top cover is molded in to the puck and there is no way to twist it around. So......

I just shaved it with a sandpaper. Took me about 20 minutes. Started with 200 grit and finished with 400 grit sandpaper with a little bit of water.

You might want to take trim ring from the puck before sanding. It is just pop off with a small screwdriver. To install the trim ring back you might also want to add few drops of superglue just in case.

I also do not trust and do not like to use any Sticky tape or Velcro in my cars. I decided to use screws to hold the TS.

CUBE
    Last edited by cubefx; 08/18/2009 at 03:52 PM.
    haha, i just bought the same pioneer deck as you. How is BT streaming music?

Also, i dont have a freaking solder, guess i gotta go to RS then.
    haha, i just bought the same pioneer deck as you. How is BT streaming music?

Also, i dont have a freaking solder, guess i gotta go to RS then.
    Wow, Cube. I could see being (a little) bothered by the upside-down logo, but I'd be MORE bothered by NO logo.

That's blasphemy or somethin', man!
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    Wow, Cube. I could see being (a little) bothered by the upside-down logo, but I'd be MORE bothered by NO logo.

That's blasphemy or somethin', man!
    Nope, It called custom setup....LOL
    As much I love my cars I would not drive it if the car emblems where upside down. Same for the car stereo. Just imagine that your Pioneer or Clarion logo is upside down.

BTW I am big PALM user, fan and supporter from 1998 (paid $400 in '98 for the PALM III) and own almost every single palm product since then.

CUBE
    Quote Originally Posted by cubefx View Post
    Nope, It called custom setup....LOL
    As much I love my cars I would not drive it if the car emblems where upside down. Same for the car stereo. Just imagine that your Pioneer or Clarion logo is upside down.

BTW I am big PALM user, fan and supporter from 1998 (paid $400 in '98 for the PALM III) and own almost every single palm product since then.

CUBE
    But... but... but the Touchstone... and the logo... and the shiny, shiny...

Aw, man.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Nice mod!

Someone should make a sticker with the logo so that you can cover the existing logo and that way, you can correct the orientation of the appearance.

Or Palm should just make a Touchstone with a logo that auto-corrects like the Rolls Royce Phantom's center logo on their wheels!
    As a suggestion, you could but some electrical tape over those screws in the base, as one day you don't want them to accidentally touch the PCB and short it out.
    Very nice mod.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Awesome job but all that work and you didn't sink the TS into the plastic to hide the cable

GJ even if you can still see the wire.
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    Awesome job but all that work and you didn't sink the TS into the plastic to hide the cable

GJ even if you can still see the wire.

I agree, although I wouldn't have recessed the base as the phone might not have seated properly, however soldering straight to the connector pinout on the PCB at the bottom of the base would completely hide the 'power' for the TS.
    well, I like having a palm logo. any ideas how to get the raised decal so you can put it back on?

Question, what is that thing that the puck is attached to? Is it for that purpose, or some sort of emergency brake lever for the passenger? I'm using a Proclip with MoveClips to work with several devices, but that thing you are using is in a great location.

Also, there is a major thread where everyone posts their pics. I think you should post these pics in that thread, too. Those people will be very interested in what you've done.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...tone+car+mount

nice job documenting what you did to your TS!
    hi cubefx,

can you detail how can disassembly the touchstone base?

i want to fix it with two screw but i don't care about the reverse PALM logo, i covered the logo with a sticker

i try to force the bottom but i cannot separate the base and the bottom base

is it possible removing before the top ring?

regards,
    sold
    Anybody need a custom bracket made to mount their touchstone just pm me and I will make one out of aluminum for free
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Anybody need a custom bracket made to mount their touchstone just pm me and I will make one out of aluminum for free
    I would love one. Can you post a pic of an example?