Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I ordered the USB car charger from the link above and didn't get the exact one you guys got. It doesn't say 1.0A anywhere...not even on the box. Should I still solder the 2 & 3 pins together? See below:

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbanyHDTV View Post
    I ordered the USB car charger from the link above and didn't get the exact one you guys got. It doesn't say 1.0A anywhere...not even on the box. Should I still solder the 2 & 3 pins together? See below:

Albany, by the pics you posted the charger looks the same internally. I couldn't speak of the output, but it doesn't look to me like you will hurt anything by shorting 2 and 3 together so the touchstone will recognize it as a high output device. If it were me, I would just do it and see how it works. If you do, let us know how you come out!
    UPDATE:

After working fine for 2 days after I soldered #2 & #3, the charger stopped working. The small light on the charger doesn't even light up. I swapped the touchstone & cable with a Palm AC/USB plug in the house and they work properly, so I know it is the cigarette charger. Is there a commercially available cigarette USB adapter that has been found to work well with the touchstone?
    my car stereo has a usb port,,thats how I charge in the car,,very simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    my car stereo has a usb port,,thats how I charge in the car,,very simple.
    It's working via the TS? If so you must have out of spec output from the USB port.
    I finally got my Pre+ and tested it with my TS and modified PSP card adapter. Sorry to report that I got the bouncing charging notification. I double checked the solder connections between pins 2 and 3. They look clean. See attached.

Is there a dependency on the USB cable? I am using an after market cable that I got from Amazon. It claimed to be Pre compatible.

Any suggestions? I really want this TS set up to work reliably with GPS and audio.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Please refer to this thread for working/non working adapters.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-adapters.html
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    I just bought a palm car charger for my touchstone, and I'm getting the "charge dance" when I use my lights or signals... I can deal with it on vibrate, but I was wondering if the dance is bad for the battery?
    iPhone 1gen august 2007- may 2010
    Repaired: headphone jack twice. Buttons and back cover once. Screen has a crack.

Palm Pre Plus may 2010-now

LOVE IT
    why not just buy an oem charger that is one piece and works great with the touchstone you just need to sand done the connector so that it will fit into the touchstone .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by cursiv View Post
    I just bought a palm car charger for my touchstone, and I'm getting the "charge dance" when I use my lights or signals... I can deal with it on vibrate, but I was wondering if the dance is bad for the battery?
    I tried the "cheapo" route with the cigarette lighter adapter, as you can see from my post above. It didn't work for me.

I eventually used the Palm 3453WW Auto Adapter to install my touchstone in my vehicle. I posted a detailed set of instructions on how I hardwired a new power outlet directly from the battery here.

I have never had the "charging cycle on/off" nor the "stop charging when I turn my lights on" issues others have reported on these forums. My touchstone works in my vehicle just like it does in my house...perfectly.
    UPDATE:

After working fine for 2 days after I soldered #2 & #3, the charger stopped working. The small light on the charger doesn't even light up. I swapped the touchstone & cable with a Palm AC/USB plug in the house and they work properly, so I know it is the cigarette charger. Is there a commercially available cigarette USB adapter that has been found to work well with the touchstone?
    I'm using the originally posted Car Charger from about a year ago that I bought from Bestofferbuy. Are you saying that this one definitely does not work? I need a spare one just in case mine stops working and I wanted to buy the one listed above in the pic. Should a refrain from such a purchase? Or should I go for it since it's so cheap anyway?
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    I'm using the originally posted Car Charger from about a year ago that I bought from Bestofferbuy. Are you saying that this one definitely does not work? I need a spare one just in case mine stops working and I wanted to buy the one listed above in the pic. Should a refrain from such a purchase? Or should I go for it since it's so cheap anyway?
    I didn't work for me. YMMV

My explanation two posts up explains how I got my setup to work.
    I didn't work for me. YMMV

My explanation two posts up explains how I got my setup to work.
    I need to give you some advice. I did the same method you did by buying the Cigarette lighter adapter from Radio Shack (this can be searched for). You don't need to go to the Battery in the engine compartment. All you need to do is run the positive wire from the Cigarette lighter adapter to the fuse box (one of the empty locations and make sure you insert the wire into the part of the fuse panel that is before the fuse and gets the current so the fuse can blow if there is a surge in current. Oh man that sounds confusing and I'm at work so I can't explain. Just do a search if you are curious. Then the black wire goes to any chassis ground location.

Do a search please. I have to go. My boss is approaching!
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123