Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    i leave it at work. I;ts on my desk - if soemone wanted to steal it they easily could. My office is open 24 / 7 but my floor is empty at night. Right now, very few people own a pre. therefore, the tocuhstone has no value to them. As the phone becomes more popular i may hid it away

(note i have 2. 1 at home 1 at work)
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    If I end up moving to the area I'd like to, there will be fewer passers-by to see my tech-goodies and covet them. This means I might be ballsy enough to trust that my TS is safe even when I'm not there.

We'll see, though. Part of me just wants to get a battery charger, leave it at work, keep a spare battery in my pocket and call it a day. Leave the TS completely out of the picture.

The problem with that is I use the TS as a mount (not just in the car). It elevates and angles the Pre like I always wanted something to do for my old Treo's. This way, I can have PreCentral, YouTube, etc. on the screen without craning my neck to see it.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    I leave it at work. I work at a car dealer and leave it on top of my tool box.
    My tools and tool box is worth or 60k, so I'm not worried about someone stealing my little puck.
    Last edited by turb0rexx; 08/22/2009 at 03:29 PM.
    Hey has anyone tried to pickup the TS once it's attached to something, i.e., desktop? It's a mother to get loose.
    Quote Originally Posted by wburleson View Post
    Hey has anyone tried to pickup the TS once it's attached to something, i.e., desktop? It's a mother to get loose.
    Once it really stays there for a while? Damned straight.

It can be damn-near childproof, at times.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  6.    #26  
    I havent even taken the plastic off the bottom of my TS yet.. Had it since July
    There you go....built in theft deterrent!
    I tried to get mine off the granite countertop, and it took me a while... I just left the plastic on my other TS b/c I was afraid it would peel the finish off my wood desk :/
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    I bought two of them and leave one at work and take on home, if someone wanted to they could steal it anytime as my office is wide open, but only one other porson owns a pre besides me so I would susupect him right away. LOL
    I leave my second touchstone on my desk at work. No one has messed with it yet.
    Accessories that I'm using with my Pre
    -Palm Leather Slip Case for Pre
    -Plantronics Discovery 925 Bluetooth Headset
    -Touchstone Charging Kit
    -2nd Touchstone Dock (for office)
    -2 International Travel Chargers
    -2nd Palm Battery
    -Palm Spare Battery Charger
    I have 1 at work and 1 at home. (Would like to have a third for car use, actually.) The work TS sits on the desk all the time. As someone above said, if you're tearing down and setting it back up everytime you come and go from work, why not just use a USB cable? The value of the TS is its convenience and simplicity. If you're worried about someone taking it, hide it behind something at night, like your desktop monitor. (Just remember, it has magnets, so don't actually put it ON your monitor.)