Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So I saw this case (Smartphone Experts Ultra Slim Pocket Pouch) and it looks like a pretty good replacement for the stock "sleeping bag"...and $20 aint bad

has anyone tried it? Please share your feedback...as I was super anxious to get the Palm Slip case when I first saw it but when I actually received it I was extremely dissapointed, dont want to have another experience like that...

you can see it here...

http://store.precentral.net/smartpho...4A132A5729.htm
    Last edited by a2thejay23; 08/17/2009 at 06:53 PM.
    Yeah; was wondering the same thing. I'm about to pull the trigger on this one as opposed to the Palm Slip Case.
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    I have one on order, and it's supposed to be here tomorrow (Wednesday).

My only concern is the volume control buttons, since they appear to be what you'll be grabbing the phone by when you pull it out of the case. Hopefully the Pre will go in upside-down if this is a problem.....
    Quote Originally Posted by vreihen View Post
    I have one on order, and it's supposed to be here tomorrow (Wednesday).

My only concern is the volume control buttons, since they appear to be what you'll be grabbing the phone by when you pull it out of the case. Hopefully the Pre will go in upside-down if this is a problem.....
    Awesome! Let us know how it is. I just hope it isn't a vertically-aligned Pre taco. I saw a2thej23's review of the Palm slip case and that single-handedly turned me off of that case. Still using the little cloth sock that came with the phone, but I want a replacement.

Eagerly awaiting impressions.
    I ordered one too....jees this is like my third case I ordered. Hopefully 3rd will be the charm!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I bit the bullet and bought the Palm case, instead. I like the pull tab/ribbon that helps you grab the phone. It doesn't scare me like it does some.

I hope you dig whatever you decide on.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    i ordered one 2 haha, should be here friday.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    anyone know a way to punch a whole in the leather? i want a hole for the speaker.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I have received this case (I live in Florida, near PreCentral's headquarters), and I'm really liking it. It appeared at first that the case would be too tight (I have a screen protector on the front, which doesn't help), but after flexing the case a little bit, and a few hours, I found it to be the perfect size. It's not easy for the phone to come out, but that's a good thing since you don't want it to fall out. The picture is not entirely clear, but to me it looked like the case had a magnetic strap to go over the phone. It's not a magnet. It's exactly like Palm's ribbon, running along the bottom of the case, and you pull it up to get the phone out.

It's true that the speaker will be a little quieter, but not significant enough for me to complain. It's as slim as a Pre case could be, and strong enough to protect the phone in case you drop it. It also solved my problem of having difficulty getting my Pre out of my pocket (I kept mine in the original pouch), then having to get it out of the sleeve. This case is much easier to slip into a pocket, and the phone comes out with the ribbon easily enough. The interior of the case is fabric which, while not very smooth to the touch, doesn't seem capable of rubbing or damaging the phone in any way.

The case itself is pretty solid and holds its form. I wouldn't put it through too much abuse though, as the materials are not super tough or durable. Also, don't try to pry open the hole at all, the leather is stiff and if you try to bend it, it may snap. Still, the stitching should hold the whole thing together.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo_Ben View Post
    The interior of the case is fabric which, while not very smooth to the touch, doesn't seem capable of rubbing or damaging the phone in any way.

The case itself is pretty solid and holds its form. I wouldn't put it through too much abuse though, as the materials are not super tough or durable.
    Thanks very much for the review! So, what exactly is the interior material? Is it "velvet" as the description claims, or is it microfiber? Also, it seems as if you're not very satisfied with the quality of the leather. Does it seem comparable to the Palm slip case? Do you think it's sturdy enough for the 2-year lifespan of the phone?

Thanks again!
    After trying the Palm in the store, both of the Sedeio snap in cases, this is the one I'm using. After two days, it is starting to break in and it is the first one better than using my large Palm Treo 755 case with the Pre.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    I keep coming back to this thread. I think I like what I see in the pouch. I'm currently using the Palm pouch that came with the Pre.

The pull cord looks looks like a good way to remove the Pre. Keep the reviews coming...I'm almost there!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    I keep coming back to this thread. I think I like what I see in the pouch. I'm currently using the Palm pouch that came with the Pre.

The pull cord looks looks like a good way to remove the Pre. Keep the reviews coming...I'm almost there!
    Lol; same here. I'm just itching for a reason to buy this but am afraid of being disappointed (I've returned several cases).
    I didn't realize the thread was about the vertical pouch. I shouldn't have assumed.

It was supposed to be temporary, at first, but we were happy with a $1 vertical vertical pouch from the Dollar Tree. We made it a snug fit by using the "sock" that came with the PrPrPr&#$275$;.

We might still be using that pouch if it weren't for all this rain. I'm worried about it getting wet with no upper protection so we went to horizontal pouches with flaps.

She uses my old one because she uses headphones (wired) more and it's more flexible than the Palm pouch. I use stereo Bluetooth most of the time so the Palm pouch's lack of headphone jack clearance is no biggie right now. We'll see once I start biking, again.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    I'm still waiting for mine to arrive. It was supposed to be here Wednesday.....
    I just got mine today. So far I'm pretty impressed. The leather is kinda stiff when you first get it but I think it will soften up once you break it in. The case is simple and the pullout strap works like you would expect. It is quite easy to pull out the Pre with the strap. I have the phantomskinz installed and have no problem with sliding the Pre into the case. The fit is quite snug and tight as it should be. Overall the case is pretty good for a pocket case. I like to keep my Pre in my pocket so this is a very functional case for my needs. The one negative though is that the case has a lot more plasticky feel than I thought it would have. It doesn't feel like other premium leather cases that you can find elsewhere. It also doesn't look as good as other leather cases. However for the money and the functionality, the case is pretty good imo...

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic View Post
    The case has a lot more plasticky feel than I thought it would have. It doesn't feel like other premium leather cases that you can find elsewhere. It also doesn't look as good as other leather cases. However for the money and the functionality, the case is pretty good imo...
    Thanks a lot for the review. When you say "plasticky" do you mean that the leather isn't quite as soft as the Vaja cases? That's fine with me as I can't see paying any more than $25-$30 for a phone case.

What about the interior? Is it soft microfiber or velvet/satin? Does it leave streaks on the front of the Pre like the pack-in Palm cloth baggie?
    I ordered one....should get it next week.
    Quote Originally Posted by aridneptune View Post
    Thanks a lot for the review. When you say "plasticky" do you mean that the leather isn't quite as soft as the Vaja cases? That's fine with me as I can't see paying any more than $25-$30 for a phone case.
    Yeah definitely doesn't feel like quality leather or anything. There is not much padding to the case anywhere, but the leather is quite stiff which helps it keep its form factor. It doesn't fee bad, but don't expect any kind of luxurious feel to the case or protection if dropped. But it is a good pocket case and will protect your Pre from getting scratches from things in your pocket.

What about the interior? Is it soft microfiber or velvet/satin? Does it leave streaks on the front of the Pre like the pack-in Palm cloth baggie?
    The interior is a striated cloth. The striations are horizontal to the main axis of the case. So far I haven't noticed any streaks. In fact I think the horizontal striations may actually help clean off the facial oils that accumulate on the Pre's screen. I have Phantomskinz installed on my Pre as well so ymmv...

Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic View Post
    The interior is a striated cloth. The striations are horizontal to the main axis of the case. So far I haven't noticed any streaks. In fact I think the horizontal striations may actually help clean off the facial oils that accumulate on the Pre's screen. I have Phantomskinz installed on my Pre as well so ymmv...
    Gotcha. Thanks a lot. My Pre definitely goes "nude" so that may be good for it. One last question: having bought the case, are you more satisfied with the stock cloth baggie or with it?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast