1.    #1  
    I know this has been mentioned before, but when i close the slider, the phone shuts off. I thought it was corrected or only occurs in a few Pre's with the Seidio 1350 battery, but i guess it's my fault for buying it and not fully researching it.

Has this ever been addressed by Seidio or has there been a fix or must i just return it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    yeah alot of people had this issue even with the new ones,
    I put a small spacer of foam (about 5mm)(stacked 2 cutouts of the foam from their innocase) to secure the battery and it worked great, no issues anymore with resets.

its the size of the battery that is the issue, its not long enough

After i fixed it I love the battery, its great after 5 cycles.

but yeah what the hell is up with this construction issue?
    whatever floats your boat, buddy.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, i will try that when i get time.

I'm on the 5th cycle right now and i can definitely notice the difference.

The first time i used the battery it died quicker than my OEM, but i understood it has to be conditioned.

Hopefully the foam spacers will do the trick.
    I was going to get the Seido 1350 from Amazon, but after reading on here about a lot of people having reset problems with it I'm towards the 1400 Mugen instead.
    Bought my pre on June 5th and had the shut off issues..I have gone thru 3 Pre's and finally this last one has been awesome.. Sprint has been wonderful about exchanging my phone each time with no extra charge
    Quote Originally Posted by zeravla531
    I know this has been mentioned before, but when i close the slider, the phone shuts off. I thought it was corrected or only occurs in a few Pre's with the Seidio 1350 battery, but i guess it's my fault for buying it and not fully researching it.

Has this ever been addressed by Seidio or has there been a fix or must i just return it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Hello,
    Thank you for your interest in our products and we are sorry about your experience! We believe that you received a bad one and we would like to see if we can do anything to help. Please PM me your order information and we will be more than happy to see what we can do for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Glod
    yeah alot of people had this issue even with the new ones,
    I put a small spacer of foam (about 5mm)(stacked 2 cutouts of the foam from their innocase) to secure the battery and it worked great, no issues anymore with resets.

its the size of the battery that is the issue, its not long enough

After i fixed it I love the battery, its great after 5 cycles.

but yeah what the hell is up with this construction issue?
    I believe that you have also received an older one because we have not receive any issues or complaints about the slider issue, please also PM me your information so we can look into it, thanks!
  7.    #7  
    Well, got mine on Amazon, so even though i can return it, i rather keep it and just try another solution.

I didn't use a spacer because i couldn't find anything, so i used medical tape i had lying around, put some around the sides of the battery, and it fits very tight in the Pre now.

I tested out the slider, even slamming it shut (which ALWAYS reset the Pre with the Seidio battery), and now it stays on, no resets.

Yay!
    @ Seidio,

I'm interested in purchasing one but I have a couple of questions. Thanks!

Can you explain how did you fix the battery issue?
    Can you confirm what you're shipping now for new orders is the new design?

Thanks
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    I just purchased one from Amazon in the last two weeks - so far no issues at all. In fact, my Pre (Jun 10 purchase) would shut down once a week or so with the original battery, and so far the Sedio has been flawless - and I've closed the slider harder than before to test this out.

I should say that if I slam the slider hard, it will reset - but I don't consider that proper use.
    Last edited by jp99; 08/18/2009 at 08:51 PM. Reason: added last paragraph
    i got mine from amazon, never had the restart issue till i used this battery.. shoved a big ol piece of paper in between it and the phone.. issue gone.. i dont like paper there..
    Quote Originally Posted by rperalta
    @ Seidio,

I'm interested in purchasing one but I have a couple of questions. Thanks!

Can you explain how did you fix the battery issue?
    Can you confirm what you're shipping now for new orders is the new design?

Thanks
    Hello,

Thank you for your interest! We have made the battery more form fitting to the battery compartment to eliminate any possible spaces. In fact, now this battery is just a tad larger than the OEM battery to make sure no shut-downs could possibly occur!

We have made the change over a month ago and now every battery we ship is the new one.

Hopefully this helped, please let us know if you have any other questions.
    Can I just say it is great to have the manf/vendor posting here and it shows a lot of dedication to customer sat. It makes me want to purchase their products.
    I just bought one a few weeks ago from a retail Sprint store and it causes shutdowns when the slider is closed also, I didn't know this was a known issue til now. What can I do to return it and get a newer one through Seido? It has all Seido retail packaging.
    Last edited by Mikecp421; 09/14/2009 at 08:32 PM.