1.    #1  
    Do you think it will be more likely that a 3rd party battery manufacturer will make a 2800mAh battery which is touchstone compatible, or that they will come out with a moderately extended life battery (say 1600 to 1800 mAh) that does not increase the size of the phone?

Obviously I'm in the market for some more battery life (preferably more than 1400 mAh), but am not real enthusiastic about buying something that I can't use with my holster or touchstone.
    You would think Palm would come out with a extended battery that way it will keep your business. if you have to buy a oversized battery that doesnt work with the holsters or chargers you will find 3rd party ones that has all three. Holsters, batteries, and chargers that are all compatiaable wih each other.
    You would think Palm would package the Pre with at least a 1400mah battery. The BB Tour has that despite having a smaller screen and less energy-intensive hardware.
    IDK I sure hope so though, I would at least like a response or SOMETHING from SOME company saying they are working on it, are not working on it, plan on it, do not plan on it, nothing though...
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    I'm thinking that there may be patent or licensing issues involved with a third-party vendor making parts with the touchstone receiver in them, so there may not be any batteries (or more precisely the back battery covers) coming from the aftermarket that works with a touchstone.....
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxdrunkie View Post
    IDK I sure hope so though, I would at least like a response or SOMETHING from SOME company saying they are working on it, are not working on it, plan on it, do not plan on it, nothing though...
    Quote Originally Posted by vreihen View Post
    I'm thinking that there may be patent or licensing issues involved with a third-party vendor making parts with the touchstone receiver in them, so there may not be any batteries (or more precisely the back battery covers) coming from the aftermarket that works with a touchstone.....
    Seidio has already confirmed that they're making a Touchstone-compatible backplate for their 2600mah along with holsters & a leather pouch/case.