1.    #1  
    ORB BLUETOOTH HEADSET UPCOMING
    It will come with in different sizes
    (hybratech.com/)
    (gizmag.com/the-orb-blueto...picture/87592/)

This a nice bluetooth headset It will come in different ring sizes.

I have a nice video uploaded on youtube but I can post it here yet
    Attached Images Attached Images
  2.    #2  
    these are the links for the info and a video I have on youtube:
    Hybra Advance Technology

http://www.gizmag.com/the-orb-blueto...picture/87592/

I like it. I agree that if it isn't vaporware, I'd like one.
  4.    #4  
    It is a nice headset next to have
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I want.
    It looks really nice, but:
    What is the sound quality going to be like, the mic is very far from the mouth and we all know the closer to the mouth the better it sounds to whomever you're talking to.

There is no ear bud, so how loud is the bone conduction (I'm assuming it sends the sound via bone vibration).

How tight will it hold on.it kinda looks like it somewhat clips on the ear.

$175 is quite high. (of course that is the one with the FOLED screen for caller id)

what features will the Pre be able to support?
    --Nextel Blackberry 7520 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Sprint Treo 755p -> Sprint Pre
    That is SWEET!!! I want one.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by SedahDrol View Post
    It looks really nice, but:
    What is the sound quality going to be like, the mic is very far from the mouth and we all know the closer to the mouth the better it sounds to whomever you're talking to.

There is no ear bud, so how loud is the bone conduction (I'm assuming it sends the sound via bone vibration).

How tight will it hold on.it kinda looks like it somewhat clips on the ear.

$175 is quite high. (of course that is the one with the FOLED screen for caller id)

what features will the Pre be able to support?
    Some of your questions are answered on these FAQ link:

Hybra Advance Technology :: The O.R.B.

I think I heard on the video $129.- thats the retail price But we will see better prices at on line stores for sure.IMO

The compatibility with Pre is not confirmed yet Will see and hope so.
    This Orb headset is coming up in January 2010
    Pimp. I want
    ... She fakes the orgasm, I fake the relationship
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Probably one of the most innovative headset designs I have seen to date. If they can actually pull it off they will be on the forefront of functional jewelry technology. The real practical question is, as a ring, it will be exposed to moisture from sweat or impacts. How sturdy will it be is a huge factor. Other than that if it is A2DP I'll probably be one of the first fools to buy it.
  11.    #11  
    Key details on the ORB:

* Harnesses bone conducting technology to deliver high-quality sound without the discomfort of placing a device inside the ear.
    * The deluxe edition features a FOLED (Flexible Organic Light Emitting Diode) screen to keep caller ID and calendar reminders quite literally on-hand. It also offers voice-to-text for effortless communication without taking the ring off the finger. The base model has no screen or display.
    * All models deliver class 2 Bluetooth (~30-ft range) in multiple ring sizes.

Print-quality images are available at Pictures by absolutelynew - Photobucket.

Hybra plans to start selling its first ORBs in the U.S., Asia, and Europe as early as January 2010, at a suggested retailer price of $129 USD for the base model with premium aluminum housing. Deluxe edition Orbs with displays will launch as early as April 2010, at a suggested retail price of $175 USD.

The designers are also planning limited edition models featuring decorative gemstones, to be priced based on the value of the gemstones. (Yes, Paris, we’ve got yours reserved.)

http://www.hybratech.com/news.php
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by edlex View Post
    Probably one of the most innovative headset designs I have seen to date. If they can actually pull it off they will be on the forefront of functional jewelry technology. The real practical question is, as a ring, it will be exposed to moisture from sweat or impacts. How sturdy will it be is a huge factor. Other than that if it is A2DP I'll probably be one of the first fools to buy it.
    They are going to start with a device for calls first I hope a A2DP version too
    I see that the real device is inside the ring and when you close it IMO it is like a airtight hermetic ring.
    Not to be negative on a new product..but I would have to see/hear it to believe it.

Not that the product won't come out(vaporware), but I have very little confidence that it will work effectively.

Realistically, there are so many BT issues relating to staying on the ear, static, loudness, etc....that I find a tiny metal ring that twists out to lay on top of your ear as more of a fashion statement than anything else.

Maybe if they staple it to your head the bone conduction and ability to drop off your ear will be solved....lol.

14.    #14  
    Ouch,with that staple lol

IMO nano tech has evolved very much on these days.

About how this device will hold on our ears, yes we have to have it in our hands to try it on ,first,will see. It comes in January 2010.
    @akitayo....while BT devices have gotten smaller and more advanced....if you look at the threads and discussions centered around BT devices for earpieces/music; you will find that there are multiple issues related to quality of sound, fit of the device and well....just about everything relating to how it 'works'....

Looking at those threads (and my own use), I hold very little hope for this freaking AWESOME LOOKING little ring/BT device. Darn cool tho...
  16.    #16  
    hope it will work , though