1.    #1  
    Have searched the forums, sprint website and Pre menus and I can't find out how to purchase ring tones. I assume most PC users don't buy ringtones but maybe someone else has teen girls and can tell me how to do this.
    The Pre can use any MP3 file as a ringtone. I'm not sure of where to buy them, but you can make your own with free tools and a few minutes. Search around the forums for Audacity.
    Give me your credit card info and I will give you some ringtones!!
  4.    #4  
    Does sprint not sell them?
    is this 1998? people still buy ringtones?
    lol ^ I haven't in many years
  7.    #7  
    You don't have teenage girls. I am happy for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by dheymann View Post
    Have searched the forums, sprint website and Pre menus and I can't find out how to purchase ring tones. I assume most PC users don't buy ringtones but maybe someone else has teen girls and can tell me how to do this.
    Download PreLoad and get them from there, for free.
    WOG Dev - WebOS Group http://www.WebOSGroup.com
    PMP Dev - http://www.PimpMyPre.com
    Apps: WOG O.S.K., WOG Card Keeper, WOG Glowstick, WOG Kid Protect, PreLoad, PimpMySounds
    You do not have to buy ringtones any more! You don't have to make donations either!

You can download any of 100,000 mp3 ringtones for free.

You can use any existing mp3 or customize your own in less than 2 minutes.

Here is how.

You are free!

- Craig
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    You do not have to buy ringtones any more! You don't have to make donations either!

Here is how.

You are free!

- Craig
    I won't give an "I have a dream speech" or talk like Moses to pharoah, but I am glad that i have been liberated. THanks
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post

You are free!

- Craig
    Thanks for the info, however you should know that one of your links asks for donations. I have used preload very easily...I did not even have to register. You can also preview the sound and install very easily. Plus I did not make a donation. I think you and others are being a bit unfair about the donate thing. Filecoaster has a donate option too...just because it's not right in front of you does not mean that it's
    not there. I think people should try both, check updates on both and decide for themselves. To focus on donations, especially when both on phone apps ask, is sad. I enjoy both and use both!
    Use preload is nice. Think of it as the CYDIA from the iphone
    Quote Originally Posted by dheymann View Post
    I won't give an "I have a dream speech" or talk like Moses to pharoah, but I am glad that i have been liberated. Thanks.
    Thank you!

It took me a bit to reply because I am just back in from the desert...

- Craig
    i use itunes... its not the simplest way to do it, but it gets the job done
    basically i just crop the song using "get info>options" change the start time and end time and it creates a new file (which i put RINGTONE in front of so i know which is which) and then after i sync my phone i just add it to my ringtone list
    mobiles24.com
    try Zedge.com, best. site. ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    try Zedge.com, best. site. ever.
    Zedge is one of a list of sites that we suggest. Freesounds is fun if you want crickets or thunder or other natural sound for a notification.

Here is the thread.

It also tells how to cut your won from your own mp3's.

- Craig
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 08/29/2009 at 11:02 PM.