Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    I don't understand why. It was one of the major extended batteries that was going to offer touchstone support. Why would they scrap it?
    Quote Originally Posted by L33t Masta View Post
    Why would they scrap it?
    I'm really just guessing here, but I suspect that they either couldn't do it without patent infringement and palm stopped them, or they looked at the numbers and decided that they couldn't produce them at a price point they would sell at.

They really are a niche market, even if they are a common topic around here.
    Quote Originally Posted by MugenPower View Post
    I will ask our engineers to see why is that. But a quikc thought is that the program report value which is reported by the battery chip and as I know they set it lower sometimes so that the device works properly, but I will get some more info on that.
    Did the engineer give you an answer?
    Any other reviews? Is this battery giving you more battery life than the stock one? And how much more? Minutes, hours...? Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    looks like the Dev for this app feels that it does not report after market batteries properly.

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...monitor-2.html

may just be an issue with the app or the linux code that the app gets the info from.
    To clarify, here's his quote:

Quote Originally Posted by neville View Post
    regarding your battery, someone earlier had an issue with the capacity reporting wrong as well. I can't comment on that since the capacity is returned to me from linux code which I haven't created. It seems that aftermarket batteries report the wrong capacity... maybe on purpose?
    It would be nice to find out exactly what is happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    Any other reviews? Is this battery giving you more battery life than the stock one? And how much more? Minutes, hours...? Thanks
    I definitely think its worth the $30, idk how much more time it gives me but I can definitely notice the phone has more juice because I can now make it a full day with normal use.
    Quote Originally Posted by hydes2004 View Post
    they are made in bristol, ri and fall river, ma
    Mugen power is somthin, keeps your pre jumpin, when they use the bristol stock.

Dunno any fall river songs so I'll recommend sticking to RI&PP stock
    overall I would say the battery is giving me a slight increase in use time...maybe an hour or so...not an exqct number since my usage varies from day to day, but it is definitely not super significant. If you are looking to have a battery that takes you from 8am-5pm to 8-10pm this is probably not it...look into the higher capacity ones.
    My stockt battery lasts from 8-5pm usually, but if I could squeeze an extra hour it would be more than enough. Can't wait to get it.
    was kind of hoping to add at least 2 hours since right after school i have to go to work, I hate having to charge my phone in the back i always get a feeling someone will steal it.

thank god i look mean maybe thats why no one has taken it (little do they know i'm a gentle giant lets leave it that way haha)
    I ordered August 23, got a shipment notification on the 31st, and the battery arrived yesterday (although I just got it now as I wasn't home to sign for it). A little longer than I would have hoped, but not completely unreasonable.

I'm letting it do the recommended charge now, and it'll be awhile before I know what to expect from it, but I'm hoping I will get a decent boost.

That said, ever since I got a second touchstone charger for work, it's been harder to run the thing down, but there are times when it has, and having a spare battery is a bonus too.
    I'm definitely getting extra time, even if it's not completely conditioned yet. I got a complete 24 hours of use after the first 12 hour charge, which never happened before.
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralViscen View Post
    I'm definitely getting extra time, even if it's not completely conditioned yet. I got a complete 24 hours of use after the first 12 hour charge, which never happened before.
    24 hour use? how many apps running? what was the signal strength etc?
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rajun asian View Post
    I received my Amzer 1400 a couple of days ago. I'm in the process of charging, draining, charging, draining right now so I'm gonna give it a few more cycles before I pass judgement.
    How long did it take you to get the first charge on the Amzer 1400?

I first tried using my USB port - no charge. then someone here said I had to use the wall plug for charging.

I've had it plugged in now (in my Pre) for 4 hrs and still only seeing the big Question Mark on my Pre screen.

Susan
    Ok, so I am not going to get all crazy here and break down how many apps and what not, but I keep the battery monitor on all the time, text all day long (maybe 75 to 100 texts), jump on some 3G for NCAA score updates, stay mainly on 1x for the most part doing the ##EVDO# trick.

started this morning at 9am off the charger and now it's 1145pm and I got 70% left. I know it seems crazy, but I love this battery so far. I don't see a point in draining it to prove how long it lasts. Why not just use it regularly and tell the world that. This battery is what it should have come with!
    Quote Originally Posted by Druding View Post
    How long did it take you to get the first charge on the Amzer 1400?

I first tried using my USB port - no charge. then someone here said I had to use the wall plug for charging.

I've had it plugged in now (in my Pre) for 4 hrs and still only seeing the big Question Mark on my Pre screen.

Susan
    the battery you got may be no good, when i bought an after market batterie for my htc touch the question mark came also, try taking the battery out and putting it back in, if that doesn't work contact mugen and exchange it out.
    Thanks for the info guys, didn't think it would take so long to charge the battery though.
    Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralViscen View Post
    Me too. Exactly that amount as well. I'm actually quite impressed. One thing I noticed though. I'm almost positive that Wifi eats up more battery than EVDO. When I have wifi off my battery lasts a lot longer. I'm on my third charge now.. second charge my phone lasted exactly 24 hours.. not heavy use. Just did some web browsing, texts, phone calls (short), some games, some youtube.. just normal stuff.
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thedonk13 View Post
    Ok, so I am not going to get all crazy here and break down how many apps and what not, but I keep the battery monitor on all the time, text all day long (maybe 75 to 100 texts), jump on some 3G for NCAA score updates, stay mainly on 1x for the most part doing the ##EVDO# trick.

started this morning at 9am off the charger and now it's 1145pm and I got 70% left. I know it seems crazy, but I love this battery so far. I don't see a point in draining it to prove how long it lasts. Why not just use it regularly and tell the world that. This battery is what it should have come with!
    how do you do the ##EVDO# trick???
    Quote Originally Posted by sxelsharif View Post
    With the battery monitor app, mine reports that the battery is 1350...I guess well find out soon what's going on, although 1350 really isn't much worse than 1400 and this is still the cheapest battery of the 3 choices we have, so its no big. Hopefully though, this battery works well once fully cycled.
    My orginal battery says 1182 with the battery monitor. Whats everyone else have?
Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast