Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by wburleson View Post
    I used the Homebrew app BatteryMonitior on a fully charged Mugen 1400 and showed that this batery capacity is only a 1360mAh battery. Now will it improved to 1400mAh once I gone through some cycles or is this program reading the battery capacity incoorectly?
    You may need to contact the developer and ask him about it. I'm gonna test my Palm Pre stock battery tomorrow with this app. By the way, my battery just shipped today.
    Quote Originally Posted by jpdaballa View Post
    I ordered mine of the 3rd and they shipped it out on the today on the 10th even though there on a vacation
    We are back :-)

But you guys did order a lot, so we are out of stock again. This stock thing on the website is still not showing correct info, but we are working on fixing it.

Will have more batteries next week.

A little insider info: VACATION2009 code is still working (till tomorrow) :-)
    I used the Homebrew app BatteryMonitior on a fully charged Mugen 1400 and showed that this batery capacity is only a 1360mAh battery. Now will it improved to 1400mAh once I gone through some cycles or is this program reading the battery capacity incoorectly?
    I will ask our engineers to see why is that. But a quikc thought is that the program report value which is reported by the battery chip and as I know they set it lower sometimes so that the device works properly, but I will get some more info on that.
    With the battery monitor app, mine reports that the battery is 1350...I guess well find out soon what's going on, although 1350 really isn't much worse than 1400 and this is still the cheapest battery of the 3 choices we have, so its no big. Hopefully though, this battery works well once fully cycled.
    The stock battery is reported correctly via Battery Monitior, but it's been charged and re-charged many times. Also, I bought two Mugen 1400 and niether shows 1400Mah, after a full/complete charge.
    like stated above i really wouldnt mind even if it was 1350 mah as its cheaper then both amzer and seidio, besides i think 50 mah = like 4% extra nothing huge.
    Quote Originally Posted by MugenPower View Post
    This stock thing on the website is still not showing correct info, but we are working on fixing it.
    Seriously? How many weeks has it been "broken" so far? You are STILL working on fixing it? Sorry bud, but it's not rocket science. Something like that could be fixed in a matter of minutes, not weeks or months.

How difficult is it to change something from: "Availability: In stock." to "Availability: Out of stock." or "Availability: ETA 2 weeks."

Some may think that your sales department is falsely reporting stock availability in order to increase sales.
    Quote Originally Posted by sxelsharif View Post
    With the battery monitor app, mine reports that the battery is 1350...I guess well find out soon what's going on, although 1350 really isn't much worse than 1400 and this is still the cheapest battery of the 3 choices we have, so its no big. Hopefully though, this battery works well once fully cycled.
    The stock battery is reported correctly via Battery Monitior, but it's been charged and re-charged many times. Also, I bought two Mugen 1400 and niether shows 1400Mah, after a full/complete charge.
    I will ask our engineers to see why is that. But a quikc thought is that the program report value which is reported by the battery chip and as I know they set it lower sometimes so that the device works properly, but I will get some more info on that.
    That makes no sense. Why would they report a lower value so that "the device works properly?" Why is the stock battery reporting correctly then?

Does anyone have a Seidio 1350mAh battery? What does the battery monitoring app report it's value as?

2 other possibilities: The battery monitoring app is not displaying the true value or the 1400mAh batteries aren't really 1400 mAh batteries.
    Does that mean that you can make the battery chip report anything you want? I don't like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    That makes no sense. Why would they report a lower value so that "the device works properly?" Why is the stock battery reporting correctly then?

Does anyone have a Seidio 1350mAh battery? What does the battery monitoring app report it's value as?

2 other possibilities: The battery monitoring app is not displaying the true value or the 1400mAh batteries aren't really 1400 mAh batteries.
    looks like the Dev for this app feels that it does not report after market batteries properly.

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...monitor-2.html

may just be an issue with the app or the linux code that the app gets the info from.

lets hope thats the case.
    There are four lights.
    the battery monitor actually gives me variable readings depending on when i look at it...but usually between 1350 and 1360 mah...so i think it's an issue with the monitor.

But you guys did order a lot, so we are out of stock again. This stock thing on the website is still not showing correct info, but we are working on fixing it.

Do you have the 2800 or 3800 in stock?

wow, i ordered just in time my order went in and the battery shipped yesterday.
    There are four lights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Seriously? How many weeks has it been "broken" so far? You are STILL working on fixing it? Sorry bud, but it's not rocket science. Something like that could be fixed in a matter of minutes, not weeks or months.

How difficult is it to change something from: "Availability: In stock." to "Availability: Out of stock." or "Availability: ETA 2 weeks."

Some may think that your sales department is falsely reporting stock availability in order to increase sales.
    Ok, here is a pic: by default the webshopping system deducts one battery from stock whenever an order is palced. apprx 20% of orders never got delivered (most because of non-payment), so it gives wrong value already.

ERP has correct number, but only after the order is processed and shipped.

We are working on linking ERP data to the Magento webshop so that the qty is updated automatically, but still: in case we have let's say 1 battery in stock, sopmebody orders and pays it it will still show 1 until the order is processed in ERP.

So here comes the rocket science o collect all this data + the data from the assembly line to know exact dates of next delivery and outstanding sales orders for any given battery.

We are testing it now and will make it available as soon as possible.

I also tried to do a quick hack just not to show any stock info, but in this case Magento does not show the price of the product too...

Regarding the sales: Sure it makes short-term sales batter, but I really wnat to see the correct info ASAP as it will build trust and increase sales on long term.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    Does that mean that you can make the battery chip report anything you want? I don't like that.
    On most models this is the only way to make it work, as they have some sort of protection against stronger batteries.

On some models even this does not help. For example we had to drop Xpera X1 3600mAh battery production as the phone would report low battery on apprx. 50% charge ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Voss View Post
    Do you have the 2800 or 3800 in stock?
    1400 - 0, 2800 - 0, 3800 - 0.

1400 is coming next week

2800 and 3800 within 2 weeks (but I amtrying to get it faster).
    can you tell us where the battery cells are made
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    they are made in bristol, ri and fall river, ma
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    It's too bad that 1400 is the biggest you can get in a stock battery. Or is it possible to go higher than that while still maintaining touchstone compatibility?
    Quote Originally Posted by L33t Masta View Post
    It's too bad that 1400 is the biggest you can get in a stock battery. Or is it possible to go higher than that while still maintaining touchstone compatibility?
    The problem is one of size. Current tech only allows so much battery power to be crammed into a given space. it would be VERY difficult to cram anything more than 1400 under the stock battery cover or touchstone cover.

If you can't use the touchstone back cover, you can't use the touchstone without also creating a new back with all the magnets, coils and contacts the touchstone requires.

I know that there was talk of at least one super-sized batter coming out with a touchstone back, but I think the project was scrapped.

If memory serves, it was going to be from Seido.
Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast