Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    this is a Mugen 1400 mAh Extended Battery thread, if your posting about another battery please let us know which one it is, the mah, signal strength, apps running and what improvement if any thx
    Quote Originally Posted by kkumar99 View Post
    They said they shipped mine out on the 1st of sept...i received it on the 8th (factor in labor day).
    Same here. From Pac & Track the time long time was in Hong Kong and then the Holiday here in the states. 8 days is pretty darn good for Free.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    With Seidio announcing that they're not working on a TS-compatible back, I'm thinking I'm going to have to pull the trigger on purchasing one of these. Just wondering if anyone has any experience comparing the Amzer vs the Mugen batteries - or are these just the same battery with different labels?
  4. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    folks those of you have the battery , how do you feel about it ?

Is it worth the 30 plus dollars ?

Are you getting thru the day ?

Is it getting any hot ?
    No one is going to be able to answer until they've cycled the batteries.
    Yeah, it takes about 3 days to actually get an accurate messurement. So far what is important is if it fits well with the stock cover, if it doesn't rest the Pre, if it charges completely, if it doesn't overheat and if the battery meter shows the actual charge of the battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brianzedge View Post
    With Seidio announcing that they're not working on a TS-compatible back, I'm thinking I'm going to have to pull the trigger on purchasing one of these. Just wondering if anyone has any experience comparing the Amzer vs the Mugen batteries - or are these just the same battery with different labels?
    I do not believe Mugen and Amzer are the same? Mugen is made in Hong Kong and Amzer is made in Japan.
  8. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralViscen View Post
    No one is going to be able to answer until they've cycled the batteries.
    Sure,
    please keep us updated after three days.
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    I just ordered the 2800mah version. No mention of being out of stock in confirmation email. Free shipping. Will post results when received.
    Well I just placed my order for the Mugen 1400 Mah battery. On your guys good word, so if it is a piece of junk or messes up my phone I will hold all of you personally responsible ;-). And thanks for the coupon code, worked perfectly. Now it's time to wait for the slow boat from HK lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    Yeah, it takes about 3 days to actually get an accurate messurement. So far what is important is if it fits well with the stock cover, if it doesn't rest the Pre, if it charges completely, if it doesn't overheat and if the battery meter shows the actual charge of the battery.
    -fits just like the old one, and doesn't affect the innocase
    -does not reset the Pre, though my phone never had that problem
    -too soon to say about charging completely
    -has not felt hot at all at this point
    -too soon to say

I'm depleting it for the first time today, after taking it off its initial 12 hour charge this morning.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    Use code VACATION2009 to get an additional discount
    What site is the code good for & is it good for any of the Mugen batteries?
    Last edited by Voss; 09/10/2009 at 03:23 PM.
    there is an app in the forum thats not in homebrew yet (waiting for something not sure what) but it is a battery app that testing all this would be perfect for i will see if i can find it and post link !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    i have the file on my computer but dont know how to upload it on here or whatever lol, cant find the thread that it was in either. oh well
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Can anyone explain what this means it was part of the paper work that came with the battery (1400):
    "When using your device for longer period of time(week or more) continuosly on mains power supply, please remove the battery or use the device on battery power until recharge is necessary once in 2 weeks."

Does main power supply mean using USB?
    Is there going to be a problem using the TS?
    Quote Originally Posted by wburleson View Post
    Can anyone explain what this means it was part of the paper work that came with the battery (1400):
    "When using your device for longer period of time(week or more) continuosly on mains power supply, please remove the battery or use the device on battery power until recharge is necessary once in 2 weeks."

Does main power supply mean using USB?
    Is there going to be a problem using the TS?
    I think this only apply to laptops.
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    folks those of you have the battery , how do you feel about it ?

Is it worth the 30 plus dollars ?

Are you getting thru the day ?

Is it getting any hot ?
    I haven't fully cycled my battery yet, but I can tell you it doesn't get any hotter than the original battery. After 2 cycles, my battery life is slightly better that the stock battery.
    I just charged it to 100% again. This time I pulled it off the charger as soon as it hit 100% instead of leaving it there all night.

Both times I've done it, the battery has immediately dropped to 97-98% within a minute or two of unplugging. Could just be because the phone's battery meter hasn't gotten a feel for it yet or something.
    I ordered mine of the 3rd and they shipped it out on the today on the 10th even though there on a vacation
    I used the Homebrew app BatteryMonitior on a fully charged Mugen 1400 and showed that this batery capacity is only a 1360mAh battery. Now will it improved to 1400mAh once I gone through some cycles or is this program reading the battery capacity incoorectly?