Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29343536373839
Like Tree3Likes
    The SIM has been back in the Pre 2 and I've been using it... The battery looks like it will last me about 2 days with average use...

I failed to mention, but it is very interesting...

I have a bit of "Oreo" affect with my slider. It has been causing a problem in that every time the phone is jostled it would wake up like a tap of the power button had been made even if my fingers strayed nowhere near the button or made any contact with the bezel at all... Very annoying.

However, since installing the slightly thicker Mugen 1400 that problem has gone away entirely!!!

I've not had the fake "waking" once since putting in the new battery. All I can assume is that the battery pushes against something on the back of the phone... Maybe it was a slight wobble from the magnets on the Touchstone back causing the wake up problem?

The "Oreo" effect is still there... The phone still works on touchstone. Annoyance is just gone.

I'm happy to have "fixed" that inadvertently. Those Mugen guys must be geniuses. LOL
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Put the Veer away to exercise the Pre 2.

So I'm charging it on the touchstone and have Dr. Battery running to monitor while I play online with my laptop.

My Mugen 1400 battery is rated by Dr. Battery at 1463 mAH capacity.

It just charged to 1509 mAH when I stopped the process. Dr. Battery had me at 67.08 positive current so it was just about finished...

Mad love to Mugen. Best accessory ever!!!

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    It seems very good until now, but from what I read you don't use it much.
    Do you have 3G and/or wifi always on?
    If so do you have apps that check the internetz frequently?
    For example I have Facebook, Phnx, Foursquare, push for Gmail and 12 hours for another mail account. I only turn off 3g/wifi when I go to sleep.
    So I'm wondering if with that kind of usage the Mugen is still a huge improvement.
    Could you check it out?
    That's kind of hard for me ATM...

I work in a data secure industry and 9 hours a day I absolutely can not have my phone on me.

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    The SIM has been back in the Pre 2 and I've been using it... The battery looks like it will last me about 2 days with average use...

I failed to mention, but it is very interesting...

I have a bit of "Oreo" affect with my slider. It has been causing a problem in that every time the phone is jostled it would wake up like a tap of the power button had been made even if my fingers strayed nowhere near the button or made any contact with the bezel at all... Very annoying.

However, since installing the slightly thicker Mugen 1400 that problem has gone away entirely!!!

I've not had the fake "waking" once since putting in the new battery. All I can assume is that the battery pushes against something on the back of the phone... Maybe it was a slight wobble from the magnets on the Touchstone back causing the wake up problem?

The "Oreo" effect is still there... The phone still works on touchstone. Annoyance is just gone.

I'm happy to have "fixed" that inadvertently. Those Mugen guys must be geniuses. LOL
    yes they are !! My 2800 Mugen for my pre lasts a solid day with heavy use every day lol , awesomeness !!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    I'm at the point where I'm thinking of my options after webOS (I wish there was some future).
    One of my biggest problems right now is that my battery is 1,5 year old and I get few hours.
    So I wonder if the expense of a Mugen battery would be wise and could give me more time with my beloved webOS phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
    I'm at the point where I'm thinking of my options after webOS (I wish there was some future).
    One of my biggest problems right now is that my battery is 1,5 year old and I get few hours.
    So I wonder if the expense of a Mugen battery would be wise and could give me more time with my beloved webOS phone.
    yes it could give you more use . As for being wise, that's just a matter of opinion.
    I would say yes its wise myself lol.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    After playing around with an android 4 device yesterday i came to the decision that i can't leave webos for now. That's why I just ordered a 1400 for my Pre2.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Are they available only from their site?
    Are they available only from their site?
    I say give it a try. More power storage is more power storage - no matter how much of a power user you are it can only help.

It is available only through their site so far as I know. Any other retailer would have to add $$$ to it anyway. The order process was painless and the shipment arrived very quickly considering it came from Hong Kong.

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    After playing around with an android 4 device yesterday i came to the decision that i can't leave webos for now. That's why I just ordered a 1400 for my Pre2.
    Arrived at german costums (IPZ-ffm) after 6 days (tracked with a code that worked for DHL in webOS Paketverfolgung by omoco). Now let's see how fast it will be in country
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    I was very frustrated with my Pre2 and its awful battery (I have it for 1,5 year)
    I ordered a Mugen 1400mAh battery and the delivery time was excellent for something shipping from Hong Kong.
    I did the full 8-12h charging time four times, maybe I'll do it another one and I must say I've seen a great difference.
    I'm not a heavy user, but not an average either.
    I speak a few minutes every day, I don't browse much, I have a push e-mail account, phnx, foursquare, facebook and the last two weeks I use the WhatsApp version for webOS.
    All these things need the Internetz. So from when I wake till about midnight or more the wifi is on (or 3G).
    With the new battery I can get 24h (I turn off the wifi/3G during the night) without a problem until now and I can enjoy my phone again (as its depleted battery made me charge it even 3 times a day, sometimes).

My question is this. Is there any evidence/proof that the Touchstones deteriorate the life of batteries?
    I'm thinking that more because of the heat generated.
    Since I got the Mugen battery I've been using the wall charger and not my TS. Should I continue?
    well i also finally got the battery. was same time in the german customs as it took from HK to germany

also am just in the first 8 full loading cycles, but i do it with Touchstone. Cause for me the wear out of a battery is a much smaller loss than the possible slow break of the USB port and ghost touches afterwards which happend on my old Pre-.

btw. my Pre2 now really lasts my workday, which is really an improvement.
    Last edited by gizmo21; 10/10/2012 at 03:38 PM.
    I My question is this. Is there any evidence/proof that the Touchstones deteriorate the life of batteries?
    I'm thinking that more because of the heat generated.
    Since I got the Mugen battery I've been using the wall charger and not my TS. Should I continue?
    No. I was also worried about the heat. I'm using TS-charging since the beginning. Can't see a negative effect on doing so. Yes USB charging keeps the battery on lower temperatures.
    When the battery is very low I always open the slider while charging.
    FYI: If the battery is low you get a higher current for charging (producing more heat). The charging current is related to the % of charge.
    http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...ml#post3333698
    Last edited by somline; 10/10/2012 at 04:33 PM.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Didn't know the last part, thanks for the info.
    Do you keep the slider open for better heat dissipation?
    Didn't know the last part, thanks for the info.
    Do you keep the slider open for better heat dissipation?
    yes, it will result in some degree less heat. Not much and I don't know if it helps to expand the battery life at all.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    +1 for leaving the slider open when charging on Touch Stone, charging with wall plug, plugged into USB, tethering, etc...

It keeps heat down a little, but every little bit helps.

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Hey, RumoredNow, what do you think? You've had the battery for awhile now. Do you still recommend it? I think my usage will be similar to yours and I am definitely getting nowhere near the battery life you reported on the stock battery I currently have. Oddly, it looks like the price has gone up $10 since the battery's debut and is sitting around $41 now.

As always, thanks so much for your help.
    Quote Originally Posted by slight9 View Post
    Hey, RumoredNow, what do you think? You've had the battery for awhile now. Do you still recommend it? I think my usage will be similar to yours and I am definitely getting nowhere near the battery life you reported on the stock battery I currently have. Oddly, it looks like the price has gone up $10 since the battery's debut and is sitting around $41 now.

As always, thanks so much for your help.
    Well... I've since gotten a Veer and it is now my daily driver. I wish I could stick a Mugen in it though.

Yes I still recommend Mugen.

a) It really is higher capacity
    b) It comes to you pretty freshly manufactured and even a "Brand New" webOS device has battery degradation from sitting in a warehouse, closet, dresser drawer, whatever...
    c) All reports are they stand behind their product.
    d) somline - the developer behind Dr. Battery - uses Mugen and I've seen him recommend it as well. His word on batteries is definitely worth listening to.

Mobile Nations Devotee
    From the email I received today!!!

We are starting the special New Year 2013 discount countdown:

13% - till December 19, 23:59
    12% - till December 20, 23:59
    11% - till December 21, 23:59
    10% - till December 22, 23:59
    9% - till December 23, 23:59
    8% - till December 24, 23:59
    7% - till December 25, 23:59
    6% - till December 26, 23:59
    5% - till December 27, 23:59
    4% - till December 28, 23:59
    3% - till December 29, 23:59
    2% - till December 30, 23:59
    1% - till December 31, 23:59

You can claim your respective discount now by using COUNTDOWN discount code!

Mobile Nations Devotee
Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29343536373839