Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2833343536373839 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazaam View Post
    2 hours doesnt seem worth it. I am in the UK so its hard to find any accessories, or genuine ones at least since the Palm isnt that big here.
    But stay away from that cheap 1250 or what ever no name batteries @ ebay. The are crap. I have one and the health is degrading each time I calibrate.
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    But stay away from that cheap 1250 or what ever no name batteries. The are crap. I have one and the health is degrading each time I calibrate.
    I am staying away from cheap generic batteries! I have learnt that lesson before

I cant go from morning to night without having to charge- very frustrating
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazaam View Post
    I am staying away from cheap generic batteries! I have learnt that lesson before

I cant go from morning to night without having to charge- very frustrating
    Good. Have you calibrated? Whats your health? How old is your battery?
    Good. Have you calibrated? Whats your health? How old is your battery?
    I used dr battery on the first day or the 2nd day. cant remember. its under a week old and battery life showing as green in device info interactive tests with 4 green bars

dr battery shows battery health as 100%
    Did you do some initial battery charging circles as recommended by battery manufactures?
    You may get more out of the battery after 3 to 5 full charging circles.
    Did you do some initial battery charging circles as recommended by battery manufactures?
    You may get more out of the battery after 3 to 5 full charging circles.
    I havent really done battery charging cycles. Is this letting the battery level go right down and then charging it up. I suppose it has had a couple of these cycles but not after consecutively

I have got in touch with palm who want me to email them my logs but i have preware and homebrew apps installed so dont know if it will void my warranty or what they will say :/
    Yes this is controversy discussed here. Mugen (and I think seidio) suggest that you do 3 to 5 complete charge circles. Let it drain to 10 or 20 % and then charge all the way up.
    I don't know if this is necessary but I would/did do it.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Got my replacement a few weeks ago. Similar behavior like the first one: Charged it up 5 cycles, but it always drops at 13% to zero. Calibrating solves that, but the battery is then at 88% health. :-(
    Not sure if I want to go through the replacement process again, seems to be a lottery on what battery you get.

Greeting
    Chris
    Bumpity Bump Bump... Since this is the most used thread about Mugen.

Just received a Mugen Power 1400 battery for use in my Pre 2. The old (stock, Palm branded) battery that came with the used Pre 2 I bought was at 95% Health when I first got the device. After 2 months of use Health 94% with max capacity stated as 1084... but actually would only go to 1072mAh. Acceptable, but not optimal. Any bit of heavy usage throughout a day meant I would not last all day on battery.

I ordered on June 1st. The Mugen site told me batteries were on back order and mine would ship June 8th. The battery actually shipped on June 4th.
    +1 for Mugen

They said it would take 10-15 working days. The battery arrived yesterday, but I missed the post and wasn't here to sign. It arrived in 7 working days.
    +2 for Mugen

The battery arrived with a clear and concise user sheet outlining how to get the most from my battery.
    +3 for Mugen

I fit the battery into the device... It arrived with 50% charge so I am not calibrating it this go around, but I am going to charge it for 8 hours as recommended and will go through four full cycles of deep charge as recommended by the manufacturer before I drain it enough to calibrate.

Dr Battery tells me that the battery is at 100% Health with a 1463 mAh capacity. More than the stated amount of 1400. In this day and age of short changing and rounding up it is nice to get something associated with electronics which is better than the stamped value. For example: my latest microSD card purchase was a 32gb card that had an actual capacity of 27.9gb. I know some of the card is reserved for filing system, but not 4.1gb worth...
    +4 for Mugen

I'll report back with more info as available. Ordering and receiving/unboxing the Mugen 1400 has all been positive.

Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Just finished 9+ hours on the charger... AC > phone (not touchstone)... for my fist deep charge cycle to condition the new battery.

Battery temp stayed about 34*C/93*F

Charge @ 100% = 1424 mAh. 133% of the capacity I had with the old battery.

I'm happy that it reached over 1400 and that it stayed cool during 9 hours on AC power.
    +5 for Mugen

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    Dr Battery tells me that the battery is at 100% Health with a 1463 mAh capacity. More than the stated amount of 1400. In this day and age of short changing and rounding up it is nice to get something associated with electronics which is better than the stamped value. For example: my latest microSD card purchase was a 32gb card that had an actual capacity of 27.9gb. I know some of the card is reserved for filing system, but not 4.1gb worth...
    +4 for Mugen
    Remember that both values (Health and Manufacturer Rating) are just programmed into the chip. To know if these values are correct you have to drain the battery and monitor if it goes down to 0% without suddenly jumping from a higher value.
    But I agree that this is a fine battery as I have two of them.
    Remember that both values (Health and Manufacturer Rating) are just programmed into the chip. To know if these values are correct you have to drain the battery and monitor if it goes down to 0% without suddenly jumping from a higher value.
    But I agree that this is a fine battery as I have two of them.
    Thanks Dr. somline.

I have been reading up a bit. I am keeping an eye on things and realize that there are three stated values, the battery chip, the system report in the top bar and what Dr Battery reports.

I realize the Real World value will necessarily differ.

I'm blogging here in case it helps any other users or informs future consumers of Mugen. I tried to read as much as I could and make an informed decision. Obviously a quality battery is one important step toward making our aging devices last longer and serve us well...

I did do some poking and playing with the phone and some interwebs. Nothing too draining so far, but not being conservative in my usage... 12 hours after the first deep charge cycle (6-7 hours of which the phone idled while I slept) and Dr Battery reports that I have 84% Charge with 1173 mAh. Not a bad start.
    +6 for Mugen

I'll be sure to run the charge down today and do my second deep charge cycle overnight tonight.

Mobile Nations Devotee
    So the first deep charge cycle finished up at about 10:45pm on the 13th... Battery lasted approximately 26 and 1/2 hours with one long idle period while I slept, naturally.

I found I actually had to work a bit to get the battery drained enough to start the second deep charge cycle. I had the camera LED turned on in flashlight mode a couple of times... At least once for over an hour. I played games... surfed the web... enabled WiFi and GPS then cruised around Google maps... checked email... left multiple cards open...

I finally got the battery down to 16% with no overheating and no sudden % charge drop offs.

At 16% charge I plugged straight into AC (no touchstone - the battery documentation clearly states use the original AC charger for best conditioning) and went to bed.

The phone stayed on AC power for roughly 9 and 1/2 hours till I couldn't stand to not have my trusty friend within reach anymore.

The charge finished up at 1406 mAh and the battery finished much cooler than the last deep charge cycle at 27*C/81*F.
    +7 for Mugen

Question: Does a larger capacity battery usually heat up less?

Mobile Nations Devotee
    25 hours into the second deep charge cycle for the battery...

I'm at 68% Charge... That's 68% Charge with 25 hours since the last charge. No way the stock battery would not be flat after that amount of time. Granted, I'm not a heavy phone dialer, texter, IM person. But I was using the phone yesterday and this morning.

Guess I won't charge up again till tonight.
    +8 for Mugen
    Last edited by RumoredNow; 06/16/2012 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Ooops. Used the wrong term

Mobile Nations Devotee
    do you have uberkernel and govnah installed on that badboy and have you made the cpu drops more drastic etc esp when the screen is off?

also worth having mode switcher have a mode to auto off phone/wifi/bt/etc when you know you will be asleep (or in my case at various times at work), would be interesting to see if you got even more time off the beefier battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    I'm at 68% Health... That's 68% Health with 25 hours since the last charge.
    Congrats on your battery life. You certainly mean 68% power left. The Health is the indicator on how old your battery is, calculated through among of charge circles. I'm hoping you still have a health of 100% ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    do you have uberkernel and govnah installed on that badboy and have you made the cpu drops more drastic etc esp when the screen is off?

also worth having mode switcher have a mode to auto off phone/wifi/bt/etc when you know you will be asleep (or in my case at various times at work), would be interesting to see if you got even more time off the beefier battery.
    I have Uberkernel: overclocking 1.2ghz, compressed swap disabled, I/O Scheduler = CFQ, TCP Congestion = Westwood.

I'm using the ondemandtcl profile. The only manual changes to the profile I have been using are: up threshold set to 75%, powersave bias set at 10, screenstate enabled = true

I've not tried mode switcher. I keep my GPS off when not needed and always run my screen at 15% brightness...

Congrats on your battery life. You certainly mean 68% power left. The Health is the indicator on how old your battery is, calculated through among of charge circles. I'm hoping you still have a health of 100% ;-)
    Yep... Nice catch on the mistaken label.

I'm almost 37 hours into this (the second) charge of the Mugen 1400. I poked my emails a few times to update. (I use manual rather than timed update.) Looked at the weather a couple times, including loading the radar. I surfed the web on the phone and tethered my tablet about 30 minutes earlier tonight. I've now been tethering while I write this...

I have 35% charge left after 36 hours and 45 minutes. I'll stay on the site and cruise the web until my charge falls to less than 20% and then I'll leave the phone on idle and start the third deep charge cycle to condition the new battery.

I know I already gave a + on this charge for longevity, but WOW... I'll give another. Dependable is the word I think I want. Of course further use will confirm or deny that statement. So far, color me truly impressed.
    +9 for Mugen

Mobile Nations Devotee
    somline likes this.
    A quick report typed in from my Pre 2...

I did the third deep charge cycle overnight using the AC power adapter and let the battery charge for 10 hours. At 100% Charge it reached 1426 mAh and a battery temperature of 35*C/95*F.

I did drain it down to about 8% Charge before plugging it in.

More later...

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Just over 25 hours into that 3rd charge and I have 66% Charge remaining (930 mAh). I've made a couple phone calls, poked my email to refresh more than a few times, surfed the web a bit and looked at weather.

I'm going to see if I can make it until tomorrow night to charge up again.

Mobile Nations Devotee
    OK... I got caught up playing with a new (to me) Veer...

I haven't had a SIM in the Pre 2 since the afternoon of the 18th, but I did use the phone in WiFi mode and poked at Preware a lot and ran through my list of installs to help get Veer set up...

I sort of lost track of the Pre 2 and the battery situation. Last charge was finished about 10:15am on the 17th. I know the phone had power late afternoon on the 19th. More than 48 hours on a charge with some normal and some casual use. When I went to poke at it last night it had powered down due to low battery, Ooops.

I put it on AC for the fourth deep charge cycle and it went about 8 1/2 hours on the charger. Finished up at 1405 mAh and a Temperature of 29*C/84*F.

I'll put the Pre 2 back in service soon and start some regular use so I can report back on day to day battery life and touchstone charging with regular charge times.

All in all I am very satisfied with the Mugen 1400 and would recommend it wholeheartedly.
    +10 for Mugen - not one bad thing to say so far

Mobile Nations Devotee