Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 273233343536373839 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I have exactly the same behaviour with the Mugen Power 1400mAh on my pre minus.
    Tried to load from computer usb and the pre usb-loader, no difference.
    So far, there seems to be no chance for me to get the Mugen Power to work.
    There is some authentication in the battery chip which tells the OS that it's an authentic battery. But since Caecilius has the problem with two different batteries I don't think this is the problem.
    Only other thing I can think of would be the contacts of the battery.
    If the middle contact (of the 3) doesn't connect the OS has no connection to the one wire interface to the chip. Then it will not recognize the battery even if the power is there.

EDIT: Or a defective battery
    Last edited by somline; 02/17/2011 at 11:02 AM.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Thanks for your clarification related to the authentification of the battery.
    That (maybe) explains the fact, that if i switch on the pre with the stock battery, connect the usb loader and then exchange the stock- with the Mugenbattery it will be accepted.
    I ordered 2 batteries, one of them behaves exactly the way Caecilius does, the other one works without any issues (same behaviour of both batteries at two different pres).
    Regards
    Stefan
    Last edited by prebaco; 02/17/2011 at 03:15 PM. Reason: typo
    Thanks for that information, somline. I tried the battery in a friend's Pixi and got the same screen, so I think it must just be a faulty battery. Mugen are apparently going to send me a replacement. I hope it's just bad luck and this one works. That sounds possible if prebaco has two batteries, with one showing this screen.

Thanks both of you for your responses.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    After 3 weeks of using the battery now charges to this value.
    Is this ok or is something defective?
    Regards
    Stefan
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by prebaco View Post
    After 3 weeks of using the battery now charges to this value.
    Is this ok or is something defective?
    Regards
    Stefan
    I have seen something like this 2 or 3 times (with stock palm batteries).
    I would try to let the device drain the battery until shutdown and monitor if you see some sudden drop from e.g. 10% or 20% to 0%.
    Then charge again and look how high it charges.
    Maybe you have 1700mAh battery ;-) but I don't think this is the real value.
    EDIT: The capacity is measured by a resistor that could be not as accurate as it should.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Yesterday the Mugen suddenly jumped from 25% to 1% (just as somline assumed, thanks again).
    Now it surprisingly indicates realistic charging state values to Dr. Battery (Charging ends at 1450 mAh).
    Regards
    Stefan
    Quote Originally Posted by prebaco View Post
    Yesterday the Mugen suddenly jumped from 25% to 1% (just as somline assumed, thanks again).
    Now it surprisingly indicates realistic charging state values to Dr. Battery (Charging ends at 1450 mAh).
    Regards
    Stefan

So it's coming down to the Mugen *really* being a 1450mAh battery? Like it's actually worth the money? Not like them damn Seidio ones...

M.
    Yes. But is it worth the money? You have to decide.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Just got my Mugen battery. So far I am pretty impressed by the performance.
    - Dr. Battery says 1463mAh on it.
    - No heat or instability problems.
    - using it now for 28h without charging in my Pre2 and have 45% left.
    - Regular battery would be soon dead (normally can go for 1 1/2 days on it, depending where I am)

I haven't done the calibration not the 5 full reload cycles yet. So will see how the battery will perform in a few days. :-)

Will keep you updated
    Chris
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    OK, after a good first impression now the following:
    Did the cycles to charge, then got the 20 to 0% phenomena. So I recalibrated the battery. Now it is down to 80% health or 1171mAh. So basically I have now a very expensive regular battery.
    Will contact Mugen to see if I get a replacement. :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by chris42 View Post
    OK, after a good first impression now the following:
    Did the cycles to charge, then got the 20 to 0% phenomena. So I recalibrated the battery. Now it is down to 80% health or 1171mAh. So basically I have now a very expensive regular battery.
    Will contact Mugen to see if I get a replacement. :-(

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    I contacted Mugen and they want to give me a replacement. Will take a few days until I get it, then I'll check.
    I am thinking of getting this batter for my pre 2, but was wondering if I will have any problems because it isnt an official Palm battery, and does it work with touchstone?
    This battery works with pre-+2 and works with the touchstone.
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    This battery works with pre-+2 and works with the touchstone.
    Yes, but have people not reported battery chip authentication problems above?
    No. There where a (very) few that had problems the device not excepting the battery.
    That where faulty battery replaced by Mugen.
    I have this battery working fine on pre- and pre2.
    No. There where a (very) few that had problems the device not excepting the battery.
    That where faulty battery replaced by Mugen.
    I have this battery working fine on pre- and pre2.
    cool, cheers. Are you finding a noticeable, signifcant increase in battery life compared to the stock battery?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazaam View Post
    cool, cheers. Are you finding a noticeable, signifcant increase in battery life compared to the stock battery?
    Actually: not much. Considering you (in the US) can get a new OEM Palm battery for less than 5$ I would go with two of them instead of an expensive mugen.
    You may get 1 or 2 hours more of a mugen. If this is important for you, buy it.
    Actually: no. Considering you (in the US) can get a new OEM Palm battery for less than 5$ I would go with two of them instead of an expensive mugen.
    You may get 1 or 2 hours more of a mugen. If this is important for you take it.
    2 hours doesnt seem worth it. I am in the UK so its hard to find any accessories, or genuine ones at least since the Palm isnt that big here.