Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2530313233343536373839 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeDirte View Post
    Well, except it's a brand new battery.
    It's brand new to you, this is true. You don't know how long it's been sitting on a shelf in a hot warehouse in Taiwan (or China, or wherever).

M.
    And it is coming too quickly! What time? The time when I need to recharge my battery! I've noticed my stock battery just isn't keeping up with the times...so I bit the bullet and ordered the Mugen! Free shipping, PIXISPECIAL coupon (7% off!) and it is costing $29.71. That sounds pretty good to me.

I look forward to lasting the whole day on a charge again!
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Update on my mugen:
    I got mine on 09/28 calibrate on 09/30 with:
    95%=1389,85mAh.
    Now 1 1/2 month later on daily use I get:
    92%=1346mAh
    So 45mAh lost in 1 1/2 month.
    I think this is OK?
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I'm pretty unhappy. I just got my Mugen and charged it for the recommended 8-12 hours. I was using my Pre Plus today after the first charge and all seemed great until the 20% warning came on. I was talking on the phone and it just shut down... it's never done this with the OEM battery. Then I plugged the phone charger in and the phone would not restart... it kept shutting down. I put the stock battery back in and all is well.

What gives? Did I get a bad battery?
    If I remember right I had almost the same after the first charge.
    Do the recommended 4-5 initial charge circles and I'm quite sure it will go away.
    Li-Ion batteries need some initial charges to archive the full capacity.
    20% to zero is a call for the batterydoc, you need to calibrate your battery!!
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I went ahead and calibrated this with Dr. Battery (great app. btw) and was disappointed my brand new 1400 battery only has 1300.

I definitely am disapponted in Mugen.
    Quote Originally Posted by gtman55 View Post
    I went ahead and calibrated this with Dr. Battery (great app. btw) and was disappointed my brand new 1400 battery only has 1300.

I definitely am disapponted in Mugen.

Give a few *full* discharge and charge cycles like the manual, and a Mugen employee said a few pages back. It should improve.

M.
    My Mugen battery is over a year old now, recalibrated with Dr. Battery, still 89% capacity, wow, awesome battery
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Well, I just got mine and I must say... it's DEFINITELY less warm when charging compared to the original Palm battery. Anyone else noticed that? Well, less energy wasted through heat so I shouldn't be complaining.

Postage was extremely quick (3 days! haha at all those US users!) but then again, it just had to take a direct flight from Hong Kong to Singapore.

Well, I'm not about to calibrate my battery here since it involves preware (which I am reluctant to try out as I don't want to do anything untold to my Pre Plus as I am without warranty yet intend to use it for some time to come.)
    Last edited by Fatfool; 12/29/2010 at 11:37 AM.
    Preware won't hurt anything.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    Preware won't hurt anything.
    Basically, you go deeper into the operating system and you even get to do overclock the Pre, taking it out of spec. I'm not sure what level of permissions Preware gives it's apps but I don't wish to take this chance.

If I had a warranty on this, I'd do it but without a warranty, I prefer keeping everything in spec.

I'm actually running my pre plus with hardly any apps (only simple free ones like a currency converter)

It's mostly used as an organiser, for emails and for accessing the net on the go. Plus of course, the defining function: Phone calls and SMS.

Problem is, it doesn't work so well with the push email and net access as we all know, hence this extended battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatfool View Post
    Basically, you go deeper into the operating system and you even get to do overclock the Pre, taking it out of spec. I'm not sure what level of permissions Preware gives it's apps but I don't wish to take this chance.

If I had a warranty on this, I'd do it but without a warranty, I prefer keeping everything in spec.

I'm actually running my pre plus with hardly any apps (only simple free ones like a currency converter)

Problem is, it doesn't work so well with the push email and net access as we all know, hence this extended battery.

And imagine how mch better it'd work, and how much longer the Stock Battery woukd last, if you installed the optimisations that have been done over the past year and a half.

You'll never use the phrase "doesn't work so well" again to describe your Pre experience.

M.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Seems the battery is out of stock...again. Mugen must really have hit a home run with this battery with it's price to capacity ratio plus the device's original insufficient battery life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatfool View Post
    I don't want do go deeper into off topic but for me push email (imap) is better than on the iPhone (tested both).
    Net access for me is the same like the iPhone. Sometimes problems switching networks (wifi - g3)

You don't have to use preware. But if you want to go further and have fun you should ;-)
    You don't know what you're missing. Preware is simply an app used to install homebrew software. It doesn't change permissions or anything like that. It's like an 'app store' app for everything outside of the Palm app store. The only thing that might harm your pre is installing one of the custom kernels for overclocking. Which won't affect you if you don't install it. You really don't know what you're missing. Don't even get me started on all of the unbelievable patches available. Many of which make the email app soo much better.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    And imagine how mch better it'd work, and how much longer the Stock Battery woukd last, if you installed the optimisations that have been done over the past year and a half.

You'll never use the phrase "doesn't work so well" again to describe your Pre experience.

M.

Yes I'm sure they would. But that's going deep into the OS (and probably the hardware now).

I'll take the inconvenience of a energy sucking pre plus and an extended battery over possible instability on this un-warrantied Pre Plus. You'd bet I'd install preware if they actually sold these devices in this region.
    Quote Originally Posted by gtman55 View Post
    Back on topic:
    did you do 4-5 full charge circles?

EDIT: If not: reset health to 100% and do the circles. Then you may calibrate again.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    I don't want do go deeper into off topic but for me push email (imap) is better than on the iPhone (tested both).
    Net access for me is the same like the iPhone. Sometimes problems switching networks (wifi - g3)

You don't have to use preware. But if you want to go further and have fun you should ;-)
    Um, you got it wrong. I think the push email on the pre is fantastic, web browsing not so (small screen, hard to edit text)

I meant the battery life drain caused by using push email (and browsing).

I've tried push email on the Motorola Droid (known as the milestone here) and Backflip. They're....bleh. The backflip can't even display folders.

Strange thing is despite hotmail's settings being POP3, it still seems to work like IMAP on the Pre.

(damn I'm going off topic here)
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    okay, first day with this battery. I have to say it really gives off less heat while discharging too! They keybaord is no longer hot even after fiddling with my pre plus for half an hour. Not good for those whose hands are freezing in winter but it's a joy here in the tropics. That alone should increase battery life. I always thought the processor was the one emitting all that heat.

does that mean palm has been stuffing us with crappy batteries all along?!