Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 242930313233343536373839 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Now, *THAT'S* the somline I know!
    :-)
    M.
    It'll hopefully never change. I love my Mugen.
    I actually should ask mugen to get a provision of all sold batteries ;-)
    I got the battery, followed the instructions for charging and depleting, and never got better than UNDER 1350mAh on a full charge (calibrating with Dr Battery etc.). So, I contacted Mugen, who were very responsive and sent me a new battery, which just arrived. I charged it for well over 12 hours, before using it and let me say, it seems to be a LOT better than the first one.

One thing that was different were the instructions...

First, it says, charge for 12 hours the first time, even if the battery says it's full. The first one said 12 hours, but didn't specify this extra qualifier.

Second, it says charge and deplete 4-5 times, recharging for 12 hours each time. This second instruction was also new.

Third, it said deplete the battery until it's low, but NEVER run it down to 0. The last instructions didn't say this either.

This all gave me pause...

First, I didn't recharge 4-5 times for 12 hours after the first time (maybe 6-7 hours).

Second, Dr. Battery calibrates by taking takes the battery all the way down to 0, and as little as 3.41v. I'm sure I tried to calibrate by my second or 3rd charge, figuring it would be good for it.

But, according to Mugen, going down to 0, EVER can harm the battery and reduce battery life. So, in an effort to insure better, more precise battery life, I may be responsible for damaging my first battery.

So, now, I'm using the new battery completely, and then charging for 12 hours before using it again, and will do this at least 4-5 times. I am also very reluctant to use Dr. Battery for fear that dropping down to 0 will hurt it.
    "If you can't view and manage multiple apps, via multiple open windows, side-by-side, it's not multi-tasking, PERIOD." - Me
    got mine today from mugenbattery.com, haven't used it yet but I would def recommend it based on the speedy delivery about 3 days.

I heard people were having trouble with mugenpower.com because they kept selling out.
    Quote Originally Posted by kuruptlon View Post
    got mine today from mugenbattery.com
    Any update? Is it REALLY 1400mAh?

M.

M.
    Dr. Battery shows mine at 1463mAh.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    I just want to calibrate this thing. Man what a PITA it has been trying to do it. I am going to try again today.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    I just want to calibrate this thing. Man what a PITA it has been trying to do it. I am going to try again today.
    Directions say, specifically, DON'T take the Mugen down to zero, which Dr Battery requires in order to calibrate. They say it is bad for the battery.

Charge for 12 hours, run it down low, repeat 4-5 times (including the charge for 12 hours part). It will improve your performance. Then just check battery health with Dr. Battery.
    "If you can't view and manage multiple apps, via multiple open windows, side-by-side, it's not multi-tasking, PERIOD." - Me

M.
    Mine came off the charger this morning at 100% and 1496mAh
    Last edited by pelikan3; 11/10/2010 at 11:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by pelikan3 View Post
    ...which Dr Battery requires in order to calibrate.
    That is most certainly not true.

Dr. Battery *does* nothing. It ONLY monitors what the battery is doing and tells you when to plug it in. The BATTERY announces when it is in learning mode. Dr. Battery only reports that announcement to the screen for us lowly humans to know it.

You can always change the voltage when the learning threshold is triggered in the app menu, so you don't have to run it all the way down to the required 3.4V.

Even if that wasn't the case, and I was going to reply to you when you first said this, the phone will shut itself down a good bit before the battery is at absolute ZERO. The battery, unless left on a shelf for a year uncharged, will NOT hit absolute ZERO.

M.
    Last edited by Xanadu73; 11/09/2010 at 04:11 PM. Reason: typos, shortened quote to relavant portion
    The battery percentage reads 0 before the battery hits 3.48v which is the highest setting you can choose to start calibrating at. I'm assuming that Mugen knows their batteries and are suggesting not to go into the 0% range.

But, it's YOUR battery. So, good luck.

That is most certainly not true.

Dr. Battery *does* nothing. It ONLY monitors what the battery is doing and tells you when to plug it in. The BATTERY announces when it is in learning mode. Dr. Battery only reports that announcement to the screen for us lowly humans to know it.

You can always change the voltage when the learning threshold is triggered in the app menu, so you don't have to run it all the way down to the required 3.4V.

Even if that wasn't the case, and I was going to reply to you when you first said this, the phone will shut itself down a good bit before the battery is at absolute ZERO. The battery, unless left on a shelf for a year uncharged, will NOT hit absolute ZERO.

M.
    Directions say, specifically, DON'T take the Mugen down to zero, which Dr Battery requires in order to calibrate. They say it is bad for the battery.

Charge for 12 hours, run it down low, repeat 4-5 times (including the charge for 12 hours part). It will improve your performance. Then just check battery health with Dr. Battery.
    Thank you. I did notice running the battery down to 3.4 volts really made the battery freak out. I will follow this regimen and see how things work out.
    The battery percentage reads 0 before the battery hits 3.48v which is the highest setting you can choose to start calibrating at. I'm assuming that Mugen knows their batteries and are suggesting not to go into the 0% range.

But, it's YOUR battery. So, good luck.

You do know that the OS reports a different value than what the battery is actually at, right?

That aside, you also have the mA remaining read out there in Dr. Battery, and you'll notice THAT won't get down to absolute zero. There's still juice in the battery. It's not 100% drained, like Mugen is trying to say.

M.
    Last edited by Xanadu73; 11/11/2010 at 10:31 AM.

The question is: What do they mean by 0%. Is it what the device (and Dr.Battery) is showing or do they mean completely empty.

The device will (normally) shutdown at 0% but that means that there is not enough power to run the device anymore. The battery still have plenty of power left even when the device is showing you 0%.
    I used Dr.Battery to calibrate my mugen. But if you are unsure about it then don't do it.
    They mean completely empty, which the Pre was designed to never bring the battery to.

If you bring a Li-On battery to completely empty, it will never recharge again.

I think Mugen is just covering their ***** in case you want to use some homemade device with the battery or something that would bring it down to absolute zero.
    Hello! Regarding the empty battery: Palm will turn when battery is still has some power, but You can try to turn it on again several times - in this case battery can go below safe limit and die. This can also happen if you run battery till Palm turns it off and then You do not recharge the battery for long time (maybe 3-4 weeks) - in this case it can die too.

We have batteries in stock now ready for shipping, use PIXISPECIAL code for 7% discount.

www.mugen-power-batteries.com
    - Premium Extended Batteries for Mobile Devices.

New Batteries for Pre3 now available: http://www.mugen-power-batteries.com/hp/hp-pre-3.html

Join us on Facebook and get a discount coupon! Join Now!
    Quote Originally Posted by MugenPower View Post
    Hello! Regarding the empty battery: Palm will turn when battery is still has some power, but You can try to turn it on again several times - in this case battery can go below safe limit and die. This can also happen if you run battery till Palm turns it off and then You do not recharge the battery for long time (maybe 3-4 weeks) - in this case it can die too.
    Thanks Mugen,
    I'll take that as a confirmation that it's safe to calibrate with Dr.Battery.
    Last edited by somline; 11/13/2010 at 12:41 AM.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I just got my Mugen and popped it in. Dr. Battery said it had 100% health. I ran a successful calibration last night and now DB is reporting the battery only has 91% health, 1331 maH.

What gives?
    You should reset health to 100% and run the suggested training phase of 4-5 full charges for around 8-12hours.
    Calibrate again after that. I got 95% which is 1389,85mAh.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeDirte View Post
    ...and now DB is reporting the battery only has 91% health (...) What gives?
    Quite normal. The metal contacts in the battery corrode over time causing loss of storage capacity. That is quite normal.

M.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quite normal. The metal contacts in the battery corrode over time causing loss of storage capacity. That is quite normal.

M.
    Well, except it's a brand new battery.