Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 232829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    I am more curious if you are getting more, less, or the same battery life due to overclocking.

I want to overclock my Pre, but not at the sacrifice of battery life.
    I'm sure you followed all that OC and Governor threads. It all depends on your usage and settings and kernels.
    With all the different governor and voltage settings some may get even better battery life and others very bad battery life (compared to non OC).
    You will not get THE answer to your question. Why not try it?

EDIT: jhodnettejr is a good example ;-)
    So, I'm going into my second day with my Mugen. Battery life is great when I only check email or text a little. Once I make a couple of calls (maybe 40 minutes of calling) I kill half my battery. Even with the new battery life of the Mugen. So, not much benefit over the regular one.

Voice and data reception have become big issues in my area in recent months. I had hoped the extra battery life would help compensate, but not so much yet.
    "If you can't view and manage multiple apps, via multiple open windows, side-by-side, it's not multi-tasking, PERIOD." - Me
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    How many hours is it lasting you with the overclocking?
    heavy use maybe 14 hours before i need a charge. light use 24 hours easily. setting it at straight 1ghz performance really makes a world of difference.

btw i have yet to calibrate this battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    heavy use maybe 14 hours before i need a charge. light use 24 hours easily. setting it at straight 1ghz performance really makes a world of difference.

btw i have yet to calibrate this battery.
    To help set my frame of reference, what do you consider to be heavy use, AND how are you achieving the straight 1Ghz performance?

I USED to use Uber/Govnah straight 800Mhz and could do almost anything for 12-16 hours (barring BlueTooth or GPS which would suck power very quickly). Then, I tried adding Data, GPS and Roam Only On/Off toggle patches to my Top Bar Menu, and my battery life plummeted (I've tried them before and had the same prob). I took them off, and that didn't help. I did everything including WebOS Doctor, and that didn't help. After that experience, the best I could get was 12-14 hours with little-to-no usage. Do anything (calls, texting music etc.) and I would kill my battery in half a day. Around that same time, my local (Sprint) voice and data network started to become "inconsistent" . In this NEW, power-eating environment, I found F102 Delta Dagger to be the best option. For example, today I took myself down to 48% between 7:30am and noon, with a few email checks, and two, 20 minute phone calls. And, that's on the Mugen battery.

I would really like to find my way back to power usage, especially since I just spend $30+ on an extended battery.

Thanks for your insight!
    "If you can't view and manage multiple apps, via multiple open windows, side-by-side, it's not multi-tasking, PERIOD." - Me
    Ordered mine, looking forward to it! I will then have two spares for this device, which should get me through most days.
    -- Bring back DateBk!!

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    How do you calibrate the batteries?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ski21 View Post
    How do you calibrate the batteries?
    Install the Dr. Battery app (via Preware) and then check out the Dr. Battery thread for more info.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Thanks I appreciate that.
    why doesn't hp include this battery as the new standard battery in the pre 2???
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Another question is the palm pre battery the same a pre plus?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ski21 View Post
    Another question is the palm pre battery the same a pre plus?
    Yes, same battery, 1150 mAh.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Thanks trekker. I'm going to pick one up now at the att store.
    ordered mine from mugenbattery.com because it said it was in stock so hopefully I wont have to wait too long.

I used the coupon code MB5OFF for 5% off which wasn't much but I'll take it.
    Quote Originally Posted by kuruptlon View Post
    ordered mine from mugenbattery.com because it said it was in stock so hopefully I wont have to wait too long.

I used the coupon code MB5OFF for 5% off which wasn't much but I'll take it.

Is that a one-time code, or can any visitor use it?

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Is that a one-time code, or can any visitor use it?

M.
    Try it out and see lol.
    This code worked for me yesterday and will give you 7% off PIXISPECIAL
    Please buy only from precentral.net.store.
    They only sell faked Seidios, but it helps the site.
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    Please buy only from precentral.net.store.
    They only sell faked Seidios, but it helps the site.

I've come to trust your judgement, somline, but, how can you advertise BUYING the crappy Seideos?

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    I've come to trust your judgement, somline, but, how can you advertise BUYING the crappy Seideos?

M.
    My sarcasm may not as obvious as I thought.

EDIT: So please spend 30+$ on a 4+$ battery on that site
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    My sarcasm may not as obvious as I thought.

Now, *THAT'S* the somline I know!

:-)

M.