Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    I’m very tempted to buy this battery but the expression you get what you pay for keeps going through my head before I confirm buying it.

I’m waiting for a review not a 3 day review but around a 2 week review.

I would also like to support precentral and buy the seidio but I thought I read somewhere there was going to be a group buy and I always get a feeling that a 1500mah will come out

(I know they said they cant possible fit more mah in the battery but i think its just marketing)

Also from reading the seidio topic I see that seidio is very good with responding to users on the forum and mugen doesn’t, as much as anyone would like to buy this I think you should wait for the review

also someone on another forum said that the seidio is really 1400mah and not 1350
    Apparently my battery is in transit to the US as of today. Not so bad.
    nice, give us a review when it comes in. I am ready to buy one of these things
    i just wish that mugen would join the forum like seidio does and answer our questions. any one else getting there baterry soon?
    Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralViscen View Post
    Apparently my battery is in transit to the US as of today. Not so bad.
    When did you place your order and when did they give you the shipping date?
    Hello Everybody, my name is Nikolai and I would be happy to answer your questions regarding the Mugen Power batteries.

We have moved our webshop to a totally new platform last month and still working on some issues, one of them being displaying stock availability correctly (I wanted to remove this info at all, but in this case the price of a battery is removed from the page too). As soon as this is fixed info will be shown on what products are in stock and for products not in stock date of arrival will be shown.

Anyway, we now have the 1400mAh batteries in stock and ready for shipping.

Free shipping we are offering is 1st class airmail, trackable online - so this is the best fast service you can get from HK post. It normally get delivered to US addresses within 1 week, and sometimes even faster, but I am sure people who receive the battery will comment here with exact dates.
    Yes, if you are in USA and your package was shipped on September 1st , you should be able to track it already on usps.com
    Where can I get my USPS tracking number? I only have the Hong Kong tracking number I received on September 1st.

edit - nm, got it. Their customer service has responded to my emails within half an hour every time.
    Last edited by AdmiralViscen; 09/04/2009 at 10:33 AM.
    Ok, for $32 I also gave it a go.

I normally end the day with ~10% power left so if this battery is really a true 1400mAh and the OEM Pre battery is really 1150/1200mAH then this will give me the extra juice I need.

RE: ordering from China/HK, I have had very good luck with this on a couple of other consumer electronics items though they were sent via DHL and not HK/US Postal service so we will see.
    Is the battery from Japan (like Seidio and Amzer) -- some experts say if a battery is from China, the quality is less.

Who is Mugen (never heard of them, it looks like they just specialized in batteries for mobile devices)?
    Quote Originally Posted by rperalta View Post
    Is the battery from Japan (like Seidio and Amzer) -- some experts say if a battery is from China, the quality is less.

Who is Mugen (never heard of them, it looks like they just specialized in batteries for mobile devices)?
    Many car people know them as being reputable distributer of High quality after market performance parts for cars, especially the japanese makes.

I am familiar with them from a more relevant side, they have a strong following among the Nokia tablet users, and they receive favorable reviews in maemo forums.

I will order from them as soon as someone confirms that there is no issue with slider closing/turning off, fit, ect. I am relatively confident in the quality of there cells from past experience.
    There are four lights.
    I think it was determined earlier that this is a different Mugen from the automotive company. Also the Mugen battery appears to be a rebadged Amzer. We shall see.
    I think it was determined earlier that this is a different Mugen from the automotive company. Also the Mugen battery appears to be a rebadged Amzer. We shall see.
    Hi AdmiraViscen,

What do you mean by this?

Thanks!
    I wasn't aware that the difference had been determined, I thought it was more akin to a GE huge mega corp with a million devisions thing, but perhaps its just a similar name.

anyway, here is a link to one, of many many threads, in which the same company supplying pre batteries, provided high quality batteries for nokia tablets

How many spare batteries do you have? - Page 2 - maemo.org - Talk

Mugen talk should be highlighted throughout that thread with the above link

I'm not saying that these batteries for the pre will definately be great, just that the company has had a good track record with the forums i used to frequent in the past, and i would guess they will make a good product for the pre as well.

as for the amzer rebadge, it is difficult to tell who re-badges who, and weather they are both actually just ordered from the same factory. I am actually more familiar with mugen than amzer so i would probably default to them.

here is a review from JK on the run, its about the G1 and he is using the mugen to fix the poor battery life of that particular phone

Review: Mugen extended “fatty battery” for T-Mobile G1
    Last edited by windzilla; 09/04/2009 at 02:10 PM.
    There are four lights.
    I just ordered it and i'll give a full review once i recieve it, now that i see mugen has joined the forum for support nothing really can go wrong.
    You are able to track this by USPS tracing codes that Mugen sends. Been tracking it with Pack and Track. Left China on the 3rd. No updates since.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    Quote Originally Posted by MugenPower View Post
    Hello Everybody, my name is Nikolai and I would be happy to answer your questions regarding the Mugen Power batteries.

Nikolai, thanks for getting on the forum.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    I wasn't aware that the difference had been determined, I thought it was more akin to a GE huge mega corp with a million devisions thing, but perhaps its just a similar name.

anyway, here is a link to one, of many many threads, in which the same company supplying pre batteries, provided high quality batteries for nokia tablets

How many spare batteries do you have? - Page 2 - maemo.org - Talk

Mugen talk should be highlighted throughout that thread with the above link

I'm not saying that these batteries for the pre will definately be great, just that the company has had a good track record with the forums i used to frequent in the past, and i would guess they will make a good product for the pre as well.

as for the amzer rebadge, it is difficult to tell who re-badges who, and weather they are both actually just ordered from the same factory. I am actually more familiar with mugen than amzer so i would probably default to them.

here is a review from JK on the run, its about the G1 and he is using the mugen to fix the poor battery life of that particular phone

Review: Mugen extended “fatty battery” for T-Mobile G1
    Good point here but I checked it out and the battery Mugen makes for that phone is stated as a 2400 not a 1400 so we will still have to wait and see
    I may just go ahead with the buy because I'm sure in the short term it will perform fine my only concern is how it will hold up long term. Since the reviews of this battery will only be for the short term effects we will never see how it is going to hold up over a year or so. So basically in buying anything aftermarket you are taking a risk especially because the products are not under warranty, backed by a reputable retailer and what not.
    I bought a cheapo ebay no name battery for my palm treo 700P and it's outlasted my OEM battery! There really is only a handful of manufacturers who make batteries.. all they do is label them differently. Same with other products. Brand name is so good? Tell that to those who had Sony batteries blow up in their faces and massive recalls. All these batteries come from a limited number of plants. Since almost all of them are in Asia, i'm sure some ebay retailers from Hong Kong will get better deals and sell with less of a markup than batteries sold in NA with huge markups.
Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast