Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 192425262728293031323334 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Looks like the PIXISPECIAL coupon isn't working anymore - can anyone confirm?
    This is a warning. I've had this battery for about a year now and in the last 2 months, it has really taken a turn for the worse. It use to last me a whole work day which was great. Take it off the touchstone at 7:30AM and it had juice until about 7PM.

The last couple months, this battery has taken a huge hit. Now, I need to recharge it after about 3 hours some days. Ususally, I have to charge it multiple time throughout the day. And it drops from about 15% straight to 0%. I guess its not surprising considering how cheap the price was. I am betting this isnt actually a Lithium Ion battery like it claims to be.

I dont care if anyone buys it, because for $30, its not gonna break the bank, but just be aware that you get what you pay for.
    EVOandBACK, I'm having issues, too. I've had this battery since I think autumn. It does the thing where it drops straight to 0% from about 15% or so (see my previous messages within the past several weeks about it). I'm not sure if it lasts the same or not, as I've never timed it, but it seems like it lasts a little less.
    I really hope there is a new sale with free international shipment soon - my battery got stolen and I desperately need a 2nd one but I can't affort to pay $60 for a battery plus shipment.
    pixispecial coupon still works.
    anyone else having issues?
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    anyone else having issues?
    I've had my Mugen for a few months now, and it does seem like the performance has dropped off somewhat. Still getting more life than the OEM battery, and not having the issue of dropping from 20% straight to 0% like happens with the stock battery.......... (And I still use the OEM/stock battery as a spare, and it definitely still has that issue).
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    You all might want to check out the 1350 battery on Ebay for 9.99 including shipping. The seller is eForCity.

Folks in another forum had good luck with theirs. If I would have known about it I would have gotten it instead of the Mugen.

Not sure about the quality of Mugen vs. eForCity...
    Today my Mugen 1400 lasted only four hours after being taken off the Touchstone and, no, I was not using it for all those hours (maybe half of them)! It also now doesn't often warn me when it gets to 20% because it goes from there to the low battery shut-off warning, which means out of nowhere I have to try to get my phone onto a charger or a charger plugged into it.

I would not recommend ppl buy this battery! I guess I will have to buy a new Palm-branded battery (my old one was the original that made the phone turn off if it got bumped hard enough, such as when the slider was closed too hard). Sad that this was a waste of money!

Oh, and, no, my Pre isn't over-clocked, patched, homebrewed, hacked, etc.
    I purchased 3 Mugen 1400's last November, one for me and the other two for my kids and they are still working great, love these batteries. I have no problems recommending them to other Pre owners.
    I got mine sometime last fall, too, and it worked well in the beginning. But lately, it has been horrible. Sad, 'cause it is the largest battery I know of that you can use the Touchstone with! Touchstone use is a definite must-have for me.
    The main reasons why I purchased these batteries was because I like the Pre's compact size so I had no interest in a bigger battery and also there was no way I was giving up my TS chargers. 30 dollars shipped, what a deal too. If you can get a year out of these types of batteries consider yourself lucky. My Mugens are going on 9 months now so I feel like the 30 dollars I paid for the battery was a great bargin.
    guys, help! i plugged in my mugen 1400 battery, and did the getcapacity command, it says 108.444... but the battery is better than my stock. even my seidio 2600 reports as 1150. really weird. i don't think it's the battery though.
    I FINALLY got MY Mugen last week, and so far I could NOT be happier, I let it charge/drain a few times, and as of yesterday, my record is, took the battery OFF charge at 8am Sunday morning, and as of last night at 11PM it was at 22%.

This was with moderate, but not heavy usage.

I had to put it on charge last night, because I need it this morning..

But after waiting a long time for them to have stock back, I got it, Im happy..

I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

@dianehelen: is your mugen 1400? mine only lasts for about 6 hours. my stock even lasts less. are you overclocking?
    Yes its the 1400 and yes I OC to 800.

It was at 100% yesterday at this time, and this morning its about 82%, on all night, not in airplane mode.

I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

my mugen seems to be gaining charge. now it lasted more than 12 hours. how many charge-discharge cycles have you done already?
    Anyone tried the "getfull" and "getage" tests on their Mugen 1400?

Any evidence of the problems noted with the Seidio 1350?

(My Mugen 1400 checked out pretty well, FWIW).
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Anyone tried the "getfull" and "getage" tests on their Mugen 1400?

Any evidence of the problems noted with the Seidio 1350?

(My Mugen 1400 checked out pretty well, FWIW).

This is what my 9 month old Mugen 1400 initially read:

getfull40 (MFG rating) = 1363.125
    getage (Health) = 94.53125
    capacity (Calculated left) = 1288.5791

I had a problem with it dropping from around 20% to 0% instantly, so I used the Dr. Battery app to recalibrate it and now I get:

MFG rating: 1363 mAh
    Health: 78%
    Calculated left: 1063 mAh.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    I used Dr. Battery to check my Mugen 1400 battery. It seems it's listed as an 1150mah for the manufacturer rating. That stinks.

I've been having a lot of problems with that Mugen battery too... it drains really fast or goes from 10% immediately to 0% saying I need to plug in or it's shutting down. I'm back to using my stock battery.