Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 18232425262728293031323338 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    It is generic instructions that come with all of their batteries. Charge up to 100% and then let the battery drain down until your Pre shuts down. Repeat this cycle 4 times and then you are set. I have had my 1400 now since Dec. and am really happy with it.
    The instructions say never to let it drain completely to 0% - if I drain it until the Pre shuts down, I take it that's not quite 0% ?

Thanks!
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    The instructions say never to let it drain completely to 0% - if I drain it until the Pre shuts down, I take it that's not quite 0% ?

Thanks!
    Exactly
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
    I'm now in the Mugen 1400 club.

I also got the crazy massive 3800. I'm very interested in trying it out.

It's... so big.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    I've had this battery since wednesday and I'm loving it. It makes the pre much more useful, now I can stream pandora for over 7hours non stop and with a touchstone around, this thing is now pretty hard to kill in a day. Perfect battery and doesn't add any weight.

I should have done this months ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Can you post here when yours arrives? I will do the same.
    Mine arrived today. I ordered in the evening and they shipped next day. 11 days total to receive it. Not bad considering the distance & going through customs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caped Codder View Post
    Mine arrived today. I ordered in the evening and they shipped next day. 11 days total to receive it. Not bad considering the distance & going through customs.
    Looks like yours and mine took about the same amount of time to arrive...
    any coupons codes out there for this? I am finally going to pull the trigger.
    I think it's "pixispecial" but search this thread to find out for sure.
    Is anybody else having the issue with this battery (which I've been using for a while now, since at least the fall) where the phone either doesn't notify you at 10% or notifies you at 10% but then less than a minute later the phone tells you it is about to shut down? I've been getting that lately and it is quite annoying!
    Really can't help you out, at the end of a long day I am usually only at around 60%, when I get home it's back on the TS charger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bag of Leaves View Post
    Is anybody else having the issue with this battery (which I've been using for a while now, since at least the fall) where the phone either doesn't notify you at 10% or notifies you at 10% but then less than a minute later the phone tells you it is about to shut down? I've been getting that lately and it is quite annoying!
    I uninstalled something and it stopped. Can't remember what it was. Sorry. But it might be an app. Maybe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bag of Leaves View Post
    Correction. I replaced my battery. That's what made the problem go away. I forgot. Sorry.
  13. Gyd
    I ordered this battery today, because the OEM battery really sucks. Can anybody tell how many hours/minutes more in a day I get? I got only few calls per day, but I spent at least one hour online or reading books.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vociferous View Post
    Correction. I replaced my battery. That's what made the problem go away. I forgot. Sorry.
    Thanks. I'd rather not pay for another of these things, though, especially if it is the problem.

A few days ago the thing alerted me it reached 20%. I looked, placed the phone back down, and then literally a few seconds later the thing ding-donged again. I looked, it again was alerting me that it was at 20%. It then immediately alerted me that the phone was about to shut off and it was off before I reached the Touchstone on the other side of the room.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyd View Post
    I ordered this battery today, because the OEM battery really sucks. Can anybody tell how many hours/minutes more in a day I get? I got only few calls per day, but I spent at least one hour online or reading books.
    You'll have plenty of battery for that, since you only use the phone for two or so hours.

The only issue I had with the OEM battery was that it was too small, so kept shutting off if I didn't close the slider gently. So, this battery isn't all that noticably lasting longer than my OEM battery, but at least it doesn't shut the phone off 'cause it is large enough to fit the compartment. Now this battery is not working well, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyd View Post
    The biggest difference I notice is that with the OEM battery, when I got to around 20-25% I knew I'd better be close to a plugin because it would drop from there to zero very quickly. (In fact, sometimes it would drop from 30% to 0 in almost nothing flat).

Now with my Mugen when I get to 20% I still have a fairly decent amount of life left.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    I haven't used it yet but I was looking for a one for my palm pre which I got a few days back only.So I need to know how is the battery life and how long it will take to charge up to 100 % ?
    Last edited by danielhenry31; 06/25/2010 at 05:13 AM.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by danielhenry31 View Post
    I haven't used it yet but I was looking for a one for my palm pre which I got a few days back only.So I need to know how is the battery life and how long it will take to charge up to 100 % ?
    I've only had my 1400 for just over 2 weeks, but so far it's around a solid 15~20% boost. My benchmark test was to run pandora nonstop with my stock 1150, that lasts about 5hrs40min(dead phone shut down), the mugen 1400 ran for about 7hrs10min and had 2% left.

I haven't done any tests for 3D games or web browsing, but I do notice a bump in life there also.

Charging time is not much longer, but I haven't really checked since now I'm doing the hot swap with my 2 batteries.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I just got mine and tested using battery monitor... I ran the mobile hotspot and downloaded a large file on my pc and got 2 hours and 51 minutes of runtime (ran until 1% shown) at an average drain of 480ma, so a total capacity of 1370mah. Close enough for me... especially since my old battery was only getting 900mah using the same test
  20. Gyd
    So my Mugen battery arrived today, it took only 7 days to go from Hong Kong to Czech republic for no shipping costs. I canīt wait till the evening to replace it and charge overnight.