Page 21 of 39 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanvbva View Post
    I have never seen a battery (of any type) actually register at its advertised value.
    The stock Pre battery registered its advertised value using the Battery Monitor app prior to the WebOS 1.3.1 update.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I just got one - I hope it's as awesome as everyone says. That 5OFF2009 code still works for 5% off too!
    my mugen would register as 1382 sometimes, the lowest it ever went to was exactly 1350
    Treo 700wx > Treo 755p > Treo 800w > IPhone 3g > Treo Pro > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Quick report on my experience so far. I received the battery within a week of ordering, im in the UK so that was very fast.

It reads as 1360, and after 3-4 days of use I am definitely seeing an improvement. Its not going to blow your socks off but im finishing my day with easily 10-20% more battery life than usual
    Quote Originally Posted by diggedy View Post
    after 3-4 days of use I am definitely seeing an improvement. Its not going to blow your socks off but im finishing my day with easily 10-20% more battery life than usual
    I've been using mine for almost a week. So far, I haven't really noticed any difference at all. My stock battery went through a week of fast drain for some reason, that's why I ordered the Mugen but it returned to "normal" after that.

I'll use it a few more weeks, then return to the stock battery and see if I notice any difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Since the WebOS 1.3.1 update, it's not reading correctly even with the stock battery. Before the update, my stock battery read between 1148 and 1150 mAh always. Since it was labeled as 1150, it implied that it was working correctly.

Now, my stock battery reads below 1000 mAh and others are having the same issue. So, something changed in the 1.3.1 update, so at this point I cannot rely on battery monitor.

Prior to that, the Mugen never read 1400, usually it read 1350 or so. The Seido 1350 read the same as stock, 1150. Draw your own conclusions.
    After checking Battery Monitor a few more times since the 1.3.1 update I have also noticed that the readings are fluctuating a lot more than before. With my stock, it now shows capacities ranging from around 970 to 1070. It used to always show a capacity of around 1150 mAh. Just another weird thing going on since the update. It also messed with the stability of Classic and Brightness Unlinked.
    Quote Originally Posted by doctorzeph View Post
    After checking Battery Monitor a few more times since the 1.3.1 update I have also noticed that the readings are fluctuating a lot more than before. With my stock, it now shows capacities ranging from around 970 to 1070. It used to always show a capacity of around 1150 mAh.
    I PM'd the developer of Battery Monitor and let him know about the capacity change after the 1.3.1 update. He thinks that the capacity now shows the "real time" capacity of the battery as opposed to the total capacity. In other words, it shows how much capacity the battery has at the time you checked it.

He may be right, I just took my Pre off the Touchstone when it was reading 100% and the capacity of the Mugen 1400 showed around 1339 mAh. As the battery drains, the capacity level also goes down.
    Hi all,

I've ordered my Mugen 1400 mAh battery and eagerly awaiting its arrival! What does everyone else use for their spare battery charger? Do we know if the Mugen is compatible with the Seidio Multifunction Battery Charger http://store.precentral.net/seidio-m...5A83A5949.htm?

I would be interested in hearing what other chargers others have used with this Mugen 1400 mAh battery.
    I have recently received my battery and am in the 3rd cycle of charging. I fell asleep while letting it drain the first time so it got to under 3% which they say is bad. The Battery Monitor has never registered the battery at over 1220 for me at 100%. I do know that you can't totally go by what the monitor says. I just thought i would put that out there for people.

edit....I just checked it again and the Monitor was saying 1318 at 100%.
    Last edited by Superjudge; 11/25/2009 at 10:48 AM.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    I wonder if they will give me a deal if I buy 4?(mine,wife's,kids)
    I was going to get the seidio but changed my mind looks like mugen might be the best choice.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    Hello migs, yes. You can use HAPPYNEWYEAR coupon code to get $10 off any order over $100.

www.mugen-power-batteries.com
    - Premium Extended Batteries for Mobile Devices.

New Batteries for Pre3 now available: http://www.mugen-power-batteries.com/hp/hp-pre-3.html

Join us on Facebook and get a discount coupon! Join Now!
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MugenPower View Post
    Hello migs, yes. You can use HAPPYNEWYEAR coupon code to get $10 off any order over $100.
    Thank you very much I also did get your pm and I will be hopefully purchasing 4 batteries for my whole family.

They should also fit in the pixi right?
    I just got mine on Tues. I charged it for 12 hours according to the instruction. Then on 2nd day, I put it on the touchstone after it went below 20%.

Result:
    Stock battery with light usage - ~4.5% battery drain/hour
    Mugen 1400 mah with light usage - ~1.5% battery drain/hour

I had to constantly run AccuRadio, RadioTime, serving the web for 2 hours in order to get it down to 20%. I am impressed so far. Let's see if it will hold up this well (or better) after 4 or 5 more cycles. Highly recommended so far.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I just ordered one for my Pre and one for my girlfriend's Pixi. Thank you all for your input; I can't buy anything for my Pre without checking here first.
    I just orderd mine, 1400mAh battery.
    Ordered mine 2 days ago. Thanks for this thread.
    Got my 1400 battery X-Mas eve, breaking it in today.
    My stock Palm battery lasts longer...

sigh...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellavance View Post
    My stock Palm battery lasts longer...

sigh...
    My Mugen 1400 lasts about 3 hours longer in average. Did you follow the instruction to charge and cycle the battery at the beginning? If it doesn't work, email them and I am sure they will send you a new one.