Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    So i've been rocking my Mugen now for a couple months i believe, and I must say I am happy with it. I even switched back to the stock battery to get that warm feeling for my mugen again!

Anyways, Mugen, I know you watch this thread pretty regularly, and I have one simple request...just one, but it's a 2 parter, so here it goes....

Take your genius engineers who developed this sweet lil battery and have them make one that is an 1800-2000mah with a TS compatible back. I know its hard, but you guys rock and we obviously love you so much we made this lil battery thread 17 pages long! the 1400 is great, perfect for an average user to make it through the day, but i notice I am learning more about the Pre and using it for more and more and it seems I am getting a lil too low before I get home, and i refuse to turn my hawt lil Pre into a behemoth fatty clunker with that uggie 2600mah ....I think an 1800-2000mah would only make this phone a tinsy winsy bit thicker, and a TS cover won't require much add-on to the magnet and contacts....BUT, i am no battery engineer....

So there is my simple but sweet request. Pretty much guarantee that everyone who already bought your 1400 would buy the 1800-2000mah instantly after the loving reviews of this battery. besides, you can count me in for one on the day of the release, i'll even volunteer my Pre and time to post a review of it if you want to use me as your test subject....

Donk
    Mugen just told me their battery is the same as the Amzer. I've just ordered one. They even gave me a 5% Discount Code: 5OFF2009

Pierre
    Quote Originally Posted by Dshowtime718 View Post
    sorry i just joined the post, with this battery can i use the stock battery cover or this comes with a different cover? if so does it make it look bulky?
    This does not need a new cover; you can use it with the cover that came with the Pre as well as the Pre's Touchstone cover (and charge this battery with the Touchstone). That's why this battery rocks - no bulky phone and Touchstone-chargable. I should be getting mine in the mail any day now! Woohoo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellavance View Post
    I'd like to hear of people's experiences with the Mugen 1400 mAh battery in their Palm Pre.

Thanks.
    Read this thread; there are several posts about ppl's experiences with this battery in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    i received it with about a 45% charge and was letting it die down. once it got to 0% it took a LONG time for the phone to actually shut down. it was surprising.
    chud311, thank you for your message!

Please don't discharge the new battery like this. Please charge it to full first and never discharge it to 0.

www.mugen-power-batteries.com
    - Premium Extended Batteries for Mobile Devices.

New Batteries for Pre3 now available: http://www.mugen-power-batteries.com/hp/hp-pre-3.html

Join us on Facebook and get a discount coupon! Join Now!
    got email from mugen customer service that battery would be shipping on the 28th ("tomorrow") but have not received tracking # nor response to email so I am very skeptical. If it doesn't ship by Mon will have to cancel as I will need an extra battery the following week for travel. Thought almost 3 weeks would have been enough lead time for them, but evidently not...
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    got email from mugen customer service that battery would be shipping on the 28th ("tomorrow") ...
    Hello Bluenote, it was shipped. I just emailed you a copy of shipping notice. Probably it was lost in spam filters somewhere. You can also track the package now on usps.com with the tracking number which was sent in email.

www.mugen-power-batteries.com
    - Premium Extended Batteries for Mobile Devices.

New Batteries for Pre3 now available: http://www.mugen-power-batteries.com/hp/hp-pre-3.html

Join us on Facebook and get a discount coupon! Join Now!
    thanks, did not receive email with tracking # so can you send a message with the # to my precentral account?
    got the original invoice and also the first customer response via email, fine, not sure what why the email with tracking # hasn't come
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    thanks, did not receive email with tracking # so can you send a message with the # to my precentral account?
    got the original invoice and also the first customer response via email, fine, not sure what why the email with tracking # hasn't come
    Hi, I was in the same position and replied to my original invoice and got a very prompt response.

And after looking Gmail had indeed filtered it as spam but not the original.
    Ok, received my battery two days ago (2 day shipping from mugenbattery.com). It was at about 45% when I plugged it in, and I immediately plugged in the charger for the full 12 hours. The next day (first day I used it), the power meter was all over the place - it would stay steady for quite a while then drop 5 percent all at once. I worked it hard to see how long it'd take to totally run down. I didn't mean to run it down to zero but it jumped there all at once from 5% and the phone shut down (total life was about the same as stock battery or maybe a bit worse). Ran it through another full charge cycle.

Today, I can say 2 things for sure: the power meter is calibrated accurately now, and overall life is definitely better. I've run it for 13 hours now, on what I'd consider a moderate-use day - about an hour of talk time, couple hours data, 30 mins streaming Pandora, and most of that in poor coverage areas. I'm sitting at 30% now.

This is not fantastic, unlimited battery life. It's just what they claim for this battery (and what I was hoping for) - a decent enough battery bump to make it comfortably through an average day without sweating battery life.

And that's just on the second charge cycle. All in all, I gotta say, well worth the $35!
    Stearmandriver,you bought your battery from mugenbattery.com, and it took 2 days to ship? which shipping option did you choose? thanks.
    Well I broke down and ordered one of these. For some reason, my stock pre battery isn't lasting as long as it used to. I'm thinking all of the patching I've done is somehow affecting battery life. Since I like all the patches I've installed, I don't feel like deleting them one at a time to see if any particular one is causing the drain, so if the Mugen gets me through a whole day, I'll be happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by impala View Post
    Stearmandriver,you bought your battery from mugenbattery.com, and it took 2 days to ship? which shipping option did you choose? thanks.
    The cheapest one there was... I don't remember what service it was, but it was around $5, billed as 2 day delivery, and did indeed arrive in two days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stearmandriver View Post
    The cheapest one there was... I don't remember what service it was, but it was around $5, billed as 2 day delivery, and did indeed arrive in two days.
    Interesting...I got free shipping on mine. It's listed as: Free Shipping (5-10 working days, sent with 1st class AirMail, trackable online)

I ordered from the Mugen-Power-batteries site.
    I think that I have to buy this battery
    I've had this battery for a week or so now, but last night I drained it to like 15% and charged back to 100%. I didn't touch the phone for a few minutes and when I did the battery went down to 87% without me doing anything. I've been having good results until now, but we'll see how it is as I go along.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stearmandriver View Post
    thanks, i just bought mine from mugenbattery.com, i dont feel like waiting three weeks to get it from the regular site. ill post my findings after a week or two of extensive tests. thanks again Stearmandriver.
    Quote Originally Posted by impala View Post
    thanks, i just bought mine from mugenbattery.com, i dont feel like waiting three weeks to get it from the regular site.
    Well, you may have to wait 3 weeks anyhow...I checked out that site first and they show the battery as on backorder. Their definition of backorder is:

Backorder
    Item is currently on backorder and is expected to ship within 2-3 weeks.
    Well, one thing to add... a few times now, this battery has jumped from around 5% or 10% to zero, so I guess the power meter isn't as calibrated as I thought. Looks like I'll have to automatically knock 5% off my battery whenever I check how much I've got left.

It's still an increase in longevity, but I thought that was worth mentioning.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    How long does it usually take them to ship the item? The site says the item ships in one day, but I ordered mine last week and still have not received an e-mail stating it has been shipped. I have tried contacting them by replying to my order e-mail and a form through their website, but have not heard anything back yet.