Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. JRH
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    well I my battery shipped on the 22nd and I received it yesterday....It's been charging for almost 12 hours now and was showing 100% last night around 11:30 before I hit the sack...I'll let it go through a few charges before I report on performance....my stock battery got exponentially better with a 5-6 charges....and my stock battery actually shows 1182mAh on the battery monitor app....so I'm curious to see how the Mugen does.
    What does the mugen show?
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    mine shows a capacity of 1363.099976
    Last edited by mattickus; 10/02/2009 at 09:59 AM.
    I have been using my new battery for some time now and I believe that it has a very slightly greater actual capacity than the OEM battery but more none the less.

Battery Monitor reports it as having 1350 mAh which is close if clearly less than its stated cap. of 1400 mAh at least per the battery monitor app.
    Last edited by deparson; 10/02/2009 at 10:21 AM.
    Mine reports at 1350 also now but i'm very happy with it's performance. Since the 1.2 update, I have been getting around 24+ hours now with light use. Standby uses almost next to nothing. i'm going to run the batter monitor app and give you guys stats for a full day with evdo on, no wifi, 3 apps open all the time. I have Gps on as well. does this count as a blog? hehe. Oh, and screen brightness at default.
    Anyone else? I'm getting really close to purchasing.

I just wanted to make sure that

1. The reported 1400mah wasn't BS. Sounds like it's only marginal BS if we actually get a 1350mah battery.

2. No issues with slider turning off the phone / overheating / exploding into a cloud of anthrax.
    I have not had any issues with the phone turning off or overheating with this battery. I do have a nasty cough and am breaking out all over my body but I can't say it is related

Quote Originally Posted by bhack View Post
    Anyone else? I'm getting really close to purchasing.

I just wanted to make sure that

1. The reported 1400mah wasn't BS. Sounds like it's only marginal BS if we actually get a 1350mah battery.

2. No issues with slider turning off the phone / overheating / exploding into a cloud of anthrax.
    No turning off issues or heat issues here either. I did notice something interesting with WebOS 1.2 though.. at one point, my phone was drawing only -4 Mah. I found that odd.. then when I did something.. it jumped to like -300 Mah... 1.2 must have implemented some sort of cpu scaling.
  9. JRH
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    No turning off issues or heat issues here either. I did notice something interesting with WebOS 1.2 though.. at one point, my phone was drawing only -4 Mah. I found that odd.. then when I did something.. it jumped to like -300 Mah... 1.2 must have implemented some sort of cpu scaling.

yeah...mine was showing like -220 or something....I haven't checked lately.
    I got this battery... finally... the other day and I was excited to find out that right out of the package, it was draining slower than my stock battery. I immediately put it on my charger and charged it over night and it had great battery the next day.

Just a few days later, my phone is warmer than usual with no apps and gps off and wifi on and the battery life is terrible. I hope this is just part of the conditioning.

Also, I purposely tried to drain its battery as fast as I could the first 2 days by having music and other apps all running simultaneously and having the brightness up. You don't think this quick drain has anything to do with it?
    I woke up this morning and received an email that my rebate was declined so I made one 12 minute phonecall to sprint and when I got done I was already down to 90% battery life. What the hell is wrong with this battery? The life is worse than my stock.
    quick update. I'm at the 23 hour mark and I have 40 percent battery life left. Now the 1.2.1 update is out and I don't wanna update until I get my battery down and recharged.. doh! Lol. When I turned it on from sitting overnight it was drawing -2mA.
    ok here's my results so far.. didn't feel like waiting till battery was all the way dead.:

Runtime: 26:57
    Current battery % 21
    Drain per hour % 2.82
    Remaining life 7.45
    Initial battery % 97
    GPS on
    Locator on
    EVDO on
    Wifi off
    Brightness default
    Volume full
    42 mins phone calls
    Texting
    Red theme and virtual keyboard and led notification
    Preware and filecoaster installed

the battery monitor application resets itself after 24 hours so I just added the 2 hours 57 minutes on top of 24 hours.
  14. JRH
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    ok here's my results so far.. didn't feel like waiting till battery was all the way dead.:

Runtime: 26:57
    Current battery % 21
    Drain per hour % 2.82
    Remaining life 7.45
    Initial battery % 97
    GPS on
    Locator on
    EVDO on
    Wifi off
    Brightness default
    Volume full
    42 mins phone calls
    Texting
    Red theme and virtual keyboard and led notification
    Preware and filecoaster installed

the battery monitor application resets itself after 24 hours so I just added the 2 hours 57 minutes on top of 24 hours.

that's pretty good!!

and I wouldn't run it down any lower than you did....they say not to run it down all the way.

also I unplugged mine at 8am and although I haven't used it much...maybe 5 min of calls and a few minutes of browsing on wifi, at 2pm I was at 90%
    I think thats the way the Pre should be lasting on battery. I have no idea why others are getting such bad battery life.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Hi all. To those who ordered the Mugen 1400, how long did it take for you to receive any sort of notification of shipment? I ordered mine on the 9/25, and it's currently 10/5, and the status has yet to change from "processing." Is that pretty typical? I guess that's the price you pay for the 30 dollar price-tag. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by rmt5 View Post
    Hi all. To those who ordered the Mugen 1400, how long did it take for you to receive any sort of notification of shipment? I ordered mine on the 9/25, and it's currently 10/5, and the status has yet to change from "processing." Is that pretty typical? I guess that's the price you pay for the 30 dollar price-tag. :-)
    Took them about 2-3 days to tell me that my battery had been "dispatched". Guess that's Euro speak for shipped.Does it show battery as in stock?
    Last edited by foosball; 10/06/2009 at 11:02 AM.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Yeah, it's listed as "Shipping in 1 day" on the site at the moment. I emailed them. Hopefully, that will get the ball rolling. Thanks for responding, though.
  19. JRH
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bhack View Post
    What does the mugen show?
    the mugen is showing 1358 mAh capacity for me....so for I've been pleased with the battery.
    Okay you guys convinced me to buy this battery. I am tired of my phone only lasting half a day. I always listen to podcasts or music in the car. I check and send e-mail frequently and generally abuse the phone for more than calling. I cannot even get it to last the night through because I listen to podcasts and read.