Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    My battery made it at long last to the USA and I am now doing the delivery dance with my local postal carrier/office.

Being sent USPS 'registered mail' makes it very difficult to take delivery as USPS required a direct signature by the person listed on the mailing label or their agent who must be made known to USPS in advance.

I would suggest that future orders be sent only with 'proof of delivery' as this would make it so much easier for people to actually GET their ordered delivered!
    For those of you wondering how the battery is after a 3rd charge let me tell you that it is really awesome! I can survive without charging my Pre the whole work day. 10.5 hours without charging it using it really intensive. I used to get only 7 to 8 hours before. This is a must buy guys!
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I got an email that mine shipped today. I hope that I have the same results as TreoRock.
    Just tried "5OFF2009" and it only saved me $1.60.
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Just tried "5OFF2009" and it only saved me $1.60.
    Yes, it gives 5% off the price.

www.mugen-power-batteries.com
    - Premium Extended Batteries for Mobile Devices.

New Batteries for Pre3 now available: http://www.mugen-power-batteries.com/hp/hp-pre-3.html

Join us on Facebook and get a discount coupon! Join Now!
    Quote Originally Posted by MugenPower View Post
    Yes, it gives 5% off the price.
    My bad I thought it meant $5 off.
  7. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Any more results from battery tests please
    Quote Originally Posted by MugenPower View Post
    We have them in stock now
    Ordered! Hope it doesn't take longer than the 5-10 days specified.

Also, thanks for the small discount MugenPower!
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh1980 View Post
    I don't know if there is a minimum amount or what the deal is but it doesn't look like that code works for some reason and I checked out a couple of other coupon codes that were circulating and none of them still work (including "VACATION2009" which is the one I used). Sorry I didn't check it when he gave it to me before I posted it, I just assumed that it would work considering the source.
    Actually, it does work on this site. I had been trying it on the mugenpowerbatterijen.nl site, and it doesn't work there. But tried again on the .com site and it worked. Takes $1.60ish off (5%, not $5 like I was hoping, but hey, whatever).
    I've had the phone off the charger for barely over an hour and lost 13%. I've fiddled with the calendar, sent/recieved maybe 20 texts, and had a 5 minute phone conversation. That's it.

I might just put my regular battery back in, I feel like I actually get better results with it.
    well I have my battery, only charged/discharged once, so I'm going to wait on passing any judgment until i have at least fulfilled the manufacturers charging instructions of a multiple complete charge discharges.

so far, pretty happy, probably about a 10% increase in battery life overall.

however, it does seem to report a bigger discharge initially, then holds out longer in the lower battery percentages. I also feel like it will jump quickly, then slow, then quick.

I'll be running the battery app with a graph and will report back.

for me, it already seems better than stock, but thats not definitive, its a subjective 10%, we will see if it holds
    There are four lights.
    Quote Originally Posted by alan7467 View Post
    vs. what with Standard battery?
    Standard battery I'd get about 10 hours.

I don't know.. I seem to get really good results with this battery. I get a minimum of 12 hours. On average it lasts me about 14-16 now. For some reason though I get better battery life on EVDO than Wifi. I guess my phone is an anomoly. Lol
  13. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    I like the size of it. It would be best battery if they can get it up to 1500 to 1600 mah.

Currently I am using that 2250 mah purchased from ebay.
    I am happy to report 10 hour usage with this one , but the
    back cover blocks the camera .
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Got mine on Saturday - was I surprised when the postman rang the doorbell! The casing of the battery has slight differences when compared to the original, but first nicely inside, even with clear 'click' that was not heard while inserting the original.
    Too early to say how good it performs (it's on the second charge cycle), but seems to charge longer than the original after complete discharge. So it looks like it has higher capacity...
    I'm at least on my 5th charge now and here's what I've seen so far: using the Battery Monitor App it shows a 4% difference at full charge...Actual=96% and Reported = 100%. Capacity fluctuates between 1351 and 1360.

Anyone else notice this?
    Quick question: Has anyone had the "phone shuts off when you close the slider" problem with this battery? I have a "2nd revision" Pre with the foam insert and haven't had this problem at all with the stock battery, but am a bit concerned about the Mugen one. Are there any grounds for me to be?
    Quote Originally Posted by foosball View Post
    I'm at least on my 5th charge now and here's what I've seen so far: using the Battery Monitor App it shows a 4% difference at full charge...Actual=96% and Reported = 100%. Capacity fluctuates between 1351 and 1360.
    See this post from the author of the Battery Monitor app.

It explains why there is a difference between Actual % and Reported %.

He also speculates why the reported capacity of the 3rd party batteries don't match what they are labeled as. I think most of us know the truth about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by aridneptune View Post
    Quick question: Has anyone had the "phone shuts off when you close the slider" problem with this battery? I have a "2nd revision" Pre with the foam insert and haven't had this problem at all with the stock battery, but am a bit concerned about the Mugen one. Are there any grounds for me to be?
    No problems here. It works just fine on that front.
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    See this post from the author of the Battery Monitor app.

It explains why there is a difference between Actual % and Reported %.

He also speculates why the reported capacity of the 3rd party batteries don't match what they are labeled as. I think most of us know the truth about that.
    whats the truth???? I'm thinking about getting one, and would like to know the good as well as possbile bad. thx.
    Quote Originally Posted by arcolino View Post
    whats the truth???? I'm thinking about getting one, and would like to know the good as well as possbile bad. thx.
    Well, this is just my opinion....I think most of the 3rd party batteries do have some extra capacity over the OEM 1150 mAH battery, I just don't think they have the capacity that they claim to have.

For example, I have the original Pre battery, the battery monitor app reports it as 1150 mAh, just like it's labeled. If you read this thread and others, you will notice that the battery monitor app doesn't show the Mugen or Amzer as having the capacity of 1400 mAh, it reads lower. In fact, some posts report that Seidio's 1350 mAh battery reads the same as the standard battery - 1150 mAh.

You can draw your own conclusions from that.