Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Maybe they fudge the numbers by a few percentage points...at least they are better than oem.

But if you go here, they are 32.95 and in stock (at least that's what they say):

mugenpowerbatterijen.nl

Run a search for HLI-PRESL.

But if you go here, they are 31.95 and on back order for 8 days:

mugen-power-batteries.com/palmone/palm-pre.html
    You gotta type in the W W W. before each web address. I couldn't post the links in full.
    Quote Originally Posted by L33t Masta View Post
    So basically Mugen is ripping us all off by saying the batter is 1400 mAh but it really isn't?
    not neccessarly, by the looks of the reviews the battery is lastng longer, and the dev said that his app isnt working correctly with showing the correct mah with after market batteries.

besides, seidio also was reported with having 1170 mah with that app, so its not just mugen
    Quote Originally Posted by jpdaballa View Post
    not neccessarly, by the looks of the reviews the battery is lastng longer, and the dev said that his app isnt working correctly with showing the correct mah with after market batteries.
    Not exactly, he said it's possible that the batteries aren't reporting the capacity correctly, maybe on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by jpdaballa View Post
    besides, seidio also was reported with having 1170 mah with that app, so its not just mugen
    But the stock battery reports exactly what it's labeled as - 1150 mAh. I'm betting that these 3rd party batteries are labeled as having a higher capacity then they actually have for obvious reasons.
    After several days of use, my mugen battery doesn't seem to last any longer than my standard pre battery. No other issues though.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I just got my mugen battery today...I've been monitoring my battery usage with the homebrew app on the stock battery, I'll post results with the mugen battery in a few days after the charge/discharge cycles.
    I've been getting on average about 18 hours of use with combined standby and moderate use.
    I recieved my mugen battery today, I will post my thoughts on it and im not much of a person who talks on the phone maybe 30-45 min a day

but i surf the web 1 + hour a day with videos on youtube, listen to pandora ocasionally but send 100 + texts a day with 3 email accounts 1 set to as they arrive and 2 set to every 15 min.

let me put it to you this way, when i wake up at 8:00am and come home at 6:00pm i only have about 12-20% left with the stock battery so i will let you guys know if this mugen makes a difference

its been charging on the touchstone for 35min and its gone from 50% to 80%

update for some reason its been on for another hour and its stuck at 82%, im going to put it on the cable now...
    Last edited by jpdaballa; 09/17/2009 at 07:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sguzman View Post
    After several days of use, my mugen battery doesn't seem to last any longer than my standard pre battery. No other issues though.
    Same for me :/
    i love mugen power .
    i've had mine for about a week now, and i also don't see a difference in battery life when compared to the OEM i thought i would, but i guess not..i can't honestly recommend this battery, but maybe something is wrong with my phone, because others seem to see significant batter life increase.
    My battery fully charged to 100% and aroudn 5:25pm and since then i went out with some friends and sent about 40 at the least texts with bluetooth on using stereo bluetooth listining to pandora for about 30 min drive to the party a 15 min call and with using sprint navigation. also about a 20 min drive listening to pandora on the way back from the party

after arriving home my brother wanted to play with my pre(he's thinking of giving up his tour for one) so i thought what a great way to drain the battery so i can recharge..... so we ended up going to the bank to deposit some money so he doesn't get an overdraft via atm and he forgot his wallet so it was about a 20 min drive with pandora

so in the end it was
    1 hour and 10 min of pandora
    30 min of sprint navigation
    15 min phone call
    40+ text messages
    bluetooth on
    3 email accounts (one set to send as they arive) ( two set to every 15 min)
    I also opened the web for about 5 min to show my friends some stuff

the battery is at 32% at 2:38am with all this done. I say the oem battery would in no way of survived with all this... i even cranked the brightness of the screen up a bit ( not going to lie just a nudge but lol)

im trying so hard to drain the battery but looks like i will have to leave it overnight to drain

this is just on my first charge....

i honestly wan't to know if i got a "super battery" or if everyones battery who is doing bad is really defective...
    Last edited by jpdaballa; 09/18/2009 at 04:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sxelsharif View Post
    i've had mine for about a week now, and i also don't see a difference in battery life when compared to the OEM i thought i would, but i guess not..i can't honestly recommend this battery, but maybe something is wrong with my phone, because others seem to see significant batter life increase.
    It's called "the placebo effect."
    I left it plugged in all night last night after completely draining it beforehand. I took it off charge at 9. I did little errands around the house till 9:45, without touching the phone. 94%. 92% now at 9:51.
    Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralViscen View Post
    I left it plugged in all night last night after completely draining it beforehand. I took it off charge at 9. I did little errands around the house till 9:45, without touching the phone. 94%. 92% now at 9:51.
    That doesn't sound any better than stock.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhack View Post
    actually it does sound the same as stock... i remember burning about 8-10% an hour with the stock

i tried to get my battery to die by not putting it in the charger..... i left it overnight and from 32% its now 24%...
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    I ordered the 2800mah battery. I'm disappointed that my card was charged Sept 10 by Etrade Asia Ltd but order tracking still says it hasn't been shipped yet. CCs should not be charged until item is shipped.
    Quote Originally Posted by xorg View Post
    I ordered the 2800mah battery. I'm disappointed that my card was charged Sept 10 by Etrade Asia Ltd but order tracking still says it hasn't been shipped yet. CCs should not be charged until item is shipped.
    i think they do that so it shows the right ammount of batteries they have in stock, i remember mugen posting that the ammount of batteries shown on their website is not correct until they charge the cc or something like that
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    I've been getting on average about 18 hours of use with combined standby and moderate use.

vs. what with Standard battery?
    Quote Originally Posted by bhack View Post
    That experience was significantly worse than anything my stock battery did.

However, I gave the phone a midday charge. Took it off at about 2:45. It is now about 9:30. I spent that whole time in a bad coverage area, did tons of texting, and some emailing too. I also did a bit of Bluetooth calling, less than 10 minutes. 43% right now.

Really weird behavior. I think it has more to do with the phone's battery sensor being all out of whack with an aftermarket battery. I tried running the phone way down yesterday and the phone lasted WAY longer in the sub-20% range before shutting down, than it would have with the stock battery. Maybe if I take it down to 2% or so more often, the battery indicator will be more reliable.