1.    #1  
    I recently purchased a Jawbone Prime and now I realize that an ungodly expensive device does not support A2DP.

I absolutely LOVE this device. I know I could go with the jabra8040 for streaming music but I would rather not (I know it is a great device mind you). My question is do you think a patch/app will be released that will allow non A2DP BT devices to connect and stream music through the pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by wordweaver View Post
    iJaculate somewhere else
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Integrals View Post
    I recently purchased a Jawbone Prime and now I realize that an ungodly expensive device does not support A2DP.

I absolutely LOVE this device. I know I could go with the jabra8040 for streaming music but I would rather not (I know it is a great device mind you). My question is do you think a patch/app will be released that will allow non A2DP BT devices to connect and stream music through the pre?
    Unfortunately A2DP is the only BT stereo protocol. A A2DP device can play in mono like the Jabra8040, which I own, but you can't get a mono non-A2DP device to hear stereo signal. I have no idea why such an expensive high end device like jawbone would not include A2DP in their newest headset but maybe it interferes with their noise cancelling technology. Or they just want you to shell out more money for the Prime2 with stereo. It wouldn't surprise me one bit. As far as an app is concerned, it's a hardware issue.