1.    #1  
    I bought this charger from ebay, and they said its compatible.
    But its not... when I plug in, it keeps flickering the screen.
    Any good ones out there?
  2.    #2  
    btw it was a combo, wall and car charger, and neither one does not work properly.
    i have been eyeing ebay too for chargers and found this combo charger for phone and extra battery

V347 Battery Charger For Sprint Nextel Palm Pre 8GB NEW - eBay (item 270440757219 end time Sep-08-09 18:04:48 PDT)

Your experience makes me think twice of getting anything from ebay for my precious Pre. Was yours from Hong Kong?
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    You get what you pay for.

There is a seller selling Palm Pre OEM home chargers for $19.99 shipped. It's the same one that comes with the Pre. Reagenwireless or something like that. I have a thread in this sub forum about it.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ossi View Post
    btw it was a combo, wall and car charger, and neither one does not work properly.
    Do you have a link to it?

probably it does not put out enough actual output, you need 1 amp (1000mah) to do the job. Probably at least 800ma nominal.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    i have been eyeing ebay too for chargers and found this combo charger for phone and extra battery

V347 Battery Charger For Sprint Nextel Palm Pre 8GB NEW - eBay (item 270440757219 end time Sep-08-09 18:04:48 PDT)

Your experience makes me think twice of getting anything from ebay for my precious Pre. Was yours from Hong Kong?
    I've gotten two of those chargers from that exact seller. They work with no issues and delivery was about 8-9 working days to Texas. They are not a fast charger though, the rate is only about 350-400 mah tops IIRC which is fine for keeping backups charged. If you want something that is going to directly power the Pre and charge you want a 1A rating. 2 amp is particularly safe.

In my experience combo car/home chargers are never a good deal.

Also FWIW having had an ex-fiancee's family that was involved in a small cellphone store chain, I can tell you that accessories are a source of particularly high margin. There are variations in QC but in terms of actual landed mfr cost, all chargers and batteries cost carriers a pittance on the balance sheet (roughly 1/10th of sticker) compared to MSRP. A lot of stuff comes from the same OEMs that sell generics in local markets over there.

The catch is, there are still variations in quality between companies of course. So one $5 generic can be terrific..and one $5 charger made by a different maker can be lying on the mah rating on the label.

That being said I haven't been burned yet. As far as that charger goes it works fine and shipped within 48 hours of payment from that seller, so I doubt you'll have any issues with it.
    Last edited by Arclight; 08/14/2009 at 05:36 AM.
    The chargers I have gotten off ebay suck as well, as does one from Amazon. It starts pushing crazy buttons and looks like the screen is being used. It's bizarre.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    KristinJustus -

Do you have links to the ones you bought, so that people dont buy the same ones?
    go to monoprice and get cables and the wall adapter. You can get 3 cables(USB to Micro-1.5-3-6 ft)) and 3 adapters shipped for around $10 and they work like a charm.
    i just played it safe and bought the Palm spare battery charger at Palm.com for $29.95 shipped (after 20% coupon).