Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am on my 3rd touchstone/back. It gets really hot and usually cuts off after 10%. I have tried 2 palm wall afapters, and the 3453w adapter in the car. I am unsure if this is a touchstone or a phone/battery problem

Right now it is working for the first time, go figure.........help
    imho, most electronic circuits and batteries don't like extreme heat...i have my touchstone located next to my desktop keyboard...usually, in the time it takes me to do email and post to various forums, my pre is 100% charged...the touchstone and pre get warm, but i don't let them get hot...once i did, and strange things happened to gestures until things cooled down...fwiw...ken
  3.    #3  
    Been working great all day, go figure since I threatened to bring it back, my 30 days is up on saturday
    Thanks for the nfo, I almost went and bought touchstone, but will wait..
    I did bend my regular wall charger, and now everytime, I plug it in, I have to bend it, so it would start charching. I have sprint insurance, and wondering if they will replace my charger for free? Should I go to sprint store.
  6.    #6  
    well, i found a solution, i got a new pre today, perfect on the charger all day long everytime i tried it.
    has anyone one had there touchstone just not work sometimes? I will sit my phone on there and it will charge then take it off and put it back on. then it wont charge after moving it around and around. then i unplug the cord from the charger and plug back in and seems to work. Is it the touch stone or the cord??
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    My touchstone has worked perfect since day 1. Charging seems at least 2x faster on it than on the regular wall charger.
    Only little issue I have seen is if you move the phone around on the stone to much and it charges and disconnects 1 to many times, the phone will stay sensing that its charging and keep the clock on like it would when its on the stone. Then you have to restart the pre or ur battery will drain.

But that's only if you mess around with it a good bit. Not normal use heh.
    I dont know it seems like it wants to work when it wants to. The crazy thing is I can have the phone on the charger and it wont work then like I said unplug and plug it back in without even touching or moving the phone it and it will work fine. I think it is my cord. Other than that I like the touchstone charger. havent had a overheating problem with it yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by knocternal View Post
    has anyone one had there touchstone just not work sometimes? I will sit my phone on there and it will charge then take it off and put it back on. then it wont charge after moving it around and around. then i unplug the cord from the charger and plug back in and seems to work. Is it the touch stone or the cord??
    I have seen similar behavior two of the last three nights. Tonight I turned the Pre on and off and it made no difference. I took off the Innocase and while the Pre sticks to the Touchstone, there's no indication of the battery being charged. I unplugged the Touchstone but it made no difference. I am using the original charging accessories with the Touchstone and right now, my Pre is plugged in directly.

I cannot explain what is going on ... at least not yet.
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    My battery over-heated yesterday after I bought a TS and put the back cover on my phone. After about 2 hours (without charging on the TS), the back cover was EXTREMELY HOT.

Note: about 4 weeks ago, I had to go into Sprint store to get a new battery b/c my Pre would turn off randomly when I closed the keyboard. So, I think they gave me a refurb battery and not a new one.

Ended up calling Palm support and they think it's the refurb battery.
    Well, the touchstone hasn't worked for the second night in a row. Perhaps it's now a tombstone....

I'll give it another go tonight. I've made sure the battery and touchstone door are well seated. Is there anything else I should check? I don't have a second touchstone (yet) so I cannot check the door by itself. Is there any other reasonable isolation work I can do or should I just give up and say this set no longer works?

Thanks
    I am also having sporadic problems with the touchstone. I make sure it is seated properly and starts charging every night. Three times in a month now I have woken up to a dead phone. What gives?

Anyone know of any documented problems with the touchstone?

PS. By the way, the Seido travel charger will give me a charge in an hour or less. Should I give up on supposed convenience of the touchstone?

Quote Originally Posted by RaleighPalm View Post
    I have seen similar behavior two of the last three nights. Tonight I turned the Pre on and off and it made no difference. I took off the Innocase and while the Pre sticks to the Touchstone, there's no indication of the battery being charged. I unplugged the Touchstone but it made no difference. I am using the original charging accessories with the Touchstone and right now, my Pre is plugged in directly.

I cannot explain what is going on ... at least not yet.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kenhiraihnl View Post
    imho, most electronic circuits and batteries don't like extreme heat...i have my touchstone located next to my desktop keyboard...usually, in the time it takes me to do email and post to various forums, my pre is 100% charged...the touchstone and pre get warm, but i don't let them get hot...once i did, and strange things happened to gestures until things cooled down...fwiw...ken
    Right along the lines of my current theory, http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...t-magnets.html
    Something to keep in mind is that the touchstone requires a wall charger that outputs 1 amp. If you use a charger that outputs less you'll get some weird behavior including flaky charging, no charging, the appearance of charging but not, heat, etc. So, if you are having problems make sure you are using the original Palm provided wall charger or one with an output of 1 amp. Almost all chargers have the output printed on the back. Most ARE NOT 1 amp chargers.
    I got a touchstone at launch day at the sprint store and it always has behaved the same. (Pretty Bad) It will charge for awhile and then do the constant connection thing. The Pre always had to sit a certain way and forget using the sprint case with the cut-out for the touchstone, it hardly ever conected through the case like it supposed to do.

I went to the verizion store today and they had a special on touchstones. The promotion was BUY ONE touchstone and get the second FREE FOR $50.00. They ended up selling me two touchstones for $39.99. A great bargain!

Both have worked great today, even through the sprint case!

Clearly the first batch of touchstones that Sprint got at launch were faulty. My Sprint touchstone's magnetic attraction seems weaker compared to the new ones i got today. The pre syncs up every time i put it on the Verizion touchstones. The sprint one you always had to fiddle awhile to get it to charge (without the case).
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I've never had any problems with my touchstone, but I have noticed I have to place the phone exactly right on the charger or it will keep making the charging noise. This is just a human error though not a problem with the charger because its only every done that when I first got it and didnt know where to place the phone.
    Almost 10 months on my TS, never a problem and 5 months on the one in my car. Both my kids TS's have been working fine since Dec.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I just got a touch stone for work, I want to just plug it into my computer to power it but that isn't working.
    Will it only work when pluged into the wall?
    only problem I ever had was one time it would not work. I was trying to place it in all dif positions and still nothing. Then I unpluged and looked w a flashlight where you plug into and the board,,i guess I call it,,,inside was bent down a bit so it would not plug in properly. Took a thin screw driver and lifted strait and it worked.. From then on ,when ever I had to unplug wire from ts,,i just made sure I plugged it back in gently,,not forcing it in and bending inside piece again.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast