1.    #1  
    I am in the market for a case to protect my Palm Pre, and have a few in mind. I particularly like the silver carbon fiber case from daydeal.com as well as a white rubber case from handhelditems.com. Those sell for $12.99 and $5.99 respectively.

But, I have my doubts about those. From what I read, many of the cheap covers either cover the gesture area, damage the phone, don't fit exactly right, or don't work with the touchstone charger. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with cases and if they share their experiences with them. I might just go get the $20 case from rocketfish at best buy, but I heard that even that has problems as well.

Anyway, thanks for any help in advance.
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Do a search here on precentral. There are tons of threads relating to cases and their quality. The most popular case seems to be the Seidio Innocase which retails for about $30, but you can also pick up "seidio-like" cases for much less than that on ebay. The difference is that the Seidio works with your Touchstone while the replicas are questionable.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms_Kady View Post
    Do a search here on precentral. There are tons of threads relating to cases and their quality. The most popular case seems to be the Seidio Innocase which retails for about $30, but you can also pick up "seidio-like" cases for much less than that on ebay. The difference is that the Seidio works with your Touchstone while the replicas are questionable.
    A search? that would be ludicrous!
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fraz View Post
    A search? that would be ludicrous!
    I know...what was I thinking??????
  5.    #5  
    Sigh, I already did that search and it did not produce adequate results. But at least I was able to get an idea for what different cases are out there. What I was in fact asking about is what people thought of the cases they bought and if they have experienced any problems. The Innocase too, seems to have some sort of problem with the TS.

Next
    I have to disagree about the Innocase and the TS charger. I work for a telco and am in a Chevy 2500 Van ALL DAY LONG....I drive over many potholes and dirt roads, and my Pre with a Seidio Innocase and Seidio Ultimate Screen Guard (Lame Product Name Dropping, sorry), has only fallen off ONCE, and that was becuase I didn't find my sweet spot. If you find the sweet spot with the TS and the Pre, you should be fine. This is NOT to say that it is perfect, because it will fall off if you hit it, or if you hit some serious bumps, But that being said I have hit speed bumps pretty hard and it has stayed on. I will try and get a video of my experience up here soon enough, but for now I do have to say I would go with an innocase. Best money I ever spent on a case BY FAR!

PS- The customer service is great. I had a situation where the instructions were not clear on the Ultimate Screen Guard, and I creased it trying to remove it. They not only took care of the issue, they sent me 2 more in return. Seidio is the way to go, IMHO.

Cheers,
    Robert