Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    [EDIT] As of 8/14, it's now $46.31 + FREE Super Saver Shipping (5-9 days). This price has been fluctuating between $45.99 and $60.00+ all week, so if you're interested in snagging one at this price, get it while you can

http://www.amazon.com/Palm-Touchstone-Kit-Pre/dp/B002CMEIWU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1250122747&sr=8-1
    Last edited by glomgold; 08/14/2009 at 04:59 PM.
    Although that is great and all, the Touchstone offers popping up are not associated with any cables or plug-in charger... leaving us to flounder about with non-OEM parts or tread the waters of ebay.

WHERE are the deals on the Palm OEM "international charger" and the Touchstone compatible microUSB cable?!?!? Is Palm controlling those like mad, or what.

That is what we need!
    You do realize that's the same version Best Buy sells for $70, right?
    In for 1
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Very Nice. I have $25 in Amazon Gift Cards. I'm getting on for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by superduperpre View Post
    Although that is great and all, the Touchstone offers popping up are not associated with any cables or plug-in charger... leaving us to flounder about with non-OEM parts or tread the waters of ebay.

WHERE are the deals on the Palm OEM "international charger" and the Touchstone compatible microUSB cable?!?!? Is Palm controlling those like mad, or what.

That is what we need!
    +1

I already have one Touchstone, so I don't need another back. I'd like a second one for work, but to do that, I have to buy just the Touchstone ($39.95), and then another wall charger ($29.95). $70.
    I got Best Buy to match the precentral 49.95 price straight up ($20 off their insane price), with no haggling over shipping cost, etc.

Regards,
    Tom
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    For those that ordered, what is your estimated shipping date? I'm curious because I ordered one on Tuesday when they were back ordered and now my shipping estimate is Aug 18. (delivery between 25-31)

Thanks.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdub2027 View Post
    For those that ordered, what is your estimated shipping date? I'm curious because I ordered one on Tuesday when they were back ordered and now my shipping estimate is Aug 18. (delivery between 25-31)

Thanks.
    I ordered one yesterday (Amazon said "In Stock") and my shipping date is also August 18.
    I actaually bought the touchstone twice. Once when it first came out but when I found no cord was included I couldn't justify the coast. So I returned it. The second time during best buy error posting. Never got the deal so I cancelled the order.

Now with this amazon price of $50 that feels just right. I bought mine today.
    I was given one extra OEM cord/charger when I bought the phone and one TS charger. I bought two TS docks for $39.95 from here, and this OEM cable and cord from Ebay for $19.99 including shipping. Works perfectly and is definitely OEM. I have one at home, one at work, and one in the car. No doubt, the TS is one of the very best things about the Pre.

Link
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    for 70 dollars it should come with all you need...ATLEAST the USB cord "touchstone charger and matte back" I dont even think it says it doesnt include everything it needs to work..it shouldnt be 70..it should be 39.99 20 for the backpiece and 20 for the TS dock, since we need additonal periphhals to make it functional and to consider I read somewhere there basically making 65 dollars profit cause it only cost them I beleive 5 dollars to make it...wow
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    I ordered this on the 28th for $52.99, how do I go about getting my $7 back? I thought it was automatic on Amazon within 30 days.
    Quote Originally Posted by bipoler View Post
    for 70 dollars it should come with all you need...ATLEAST the USB cord "touchstone charger and matte back" I dont even think it says it doesnt include everything it needs to work..it shouldnt be 70..it should be 39.99 20 for the backpiece and 20 for the TS dock, since we need additonal periphhals to make it functional and to consider I read somewhere there basically making 65 dollars profit cause it only cost them I beleive 5 dollars to make it...wow
    While I agree with you, they would say you get the cords that work with the TS with the phone. They are providing you with one charger; you can use the charger with the TS or without it...but they are not going to provide you two chargers. I think that sucks, but that's their argument. At least at the Sprint store, I got 20% off the TS and an extra cable/charger when I bought the phone.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JTH182 View Post
    I ordered this on the 28th for $52.99, how do I go about getting my $7 back? I thought it was automatic on Amazon within 30 days.
    I've always emailed with a quick response.

For you others complaining about the charger? WTF? The TS does not come with the USB cable or wall charger and has never claimed to have. I got on from eBay that I got within 3 days of ordering for $20. It's not the short cord travel charger, it's the long one that comes with the Pre.

How do they know what charger someone will use with the TS? Most people have a Pre, so they already have a charger.

I posted a thread in accessories with the eBay sellers name. He had 800+ when I bought mine. $19.99 shipped and it was quick.

I've got a TS at home and in the truck. It's worth the money.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Well, keep watching the price. It's up to $60.61 now.

I'll be watching too. I want my $7 too!!
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JKTex View Post

I'll be watching too. I want my $7 too!!

Well they e-mailed me back saying the price match guarantee is only up until the time it ships. So for me 7 days cost me 7 bucks
    Well they e-mailed me back saying the price match guarantee is only up until the time it ships. So for me 7 days cost me 7 bucks
    Sorry to hear that. I don't mess with Amazon anymore because I don't "get" their system. If I order something, I don't expect the shipping or availability date to keep chaning. I got the impression that was just because I chose their cheapest (free?) shipping option. If I upgraded the shipping the date moved closer.

I got a big problem with that.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    I was waiting to get paid today so I can buy it.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by JKTex View Post
    It's $46.31 now. Get it while you can.

[EDIT] Never mind. for $46.31, it ships from ANTOnline and doesn't include free shipping ($6.53 S/H).
    Last edited by glomgold; 08/14/2009 at 05:08 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast