Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Well after putting my phone on the charger three times yesterday. I'm giving in and buying the mother of all batteries. I upgraded two weeks after I bought my phone to the Seidio 1350 maH battery. Although it was good for a day with moderate use, it does nothing for heavy use. I used the GPS for three hours and had to make several calls. It just killed the battery. 2 hour trip with the GPS-battery down to 20%, Recharged with car charger back to full, Several calls later and some GPS-battery down to 30%, back on the TS at home, then I made it through the rest of the day with a tiny speck of power left.

I ordered the Amzer 3800 maH battery and am waiting for it to come in. The size doesn't bother me. I just need the JUICE that it comes with. I'll post a review after I get it and have put it through its paces.
    Big Jeff
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    that thing is going to be huge!! :O
    Let us know how you like it man! Why don't you just keep the car charger plugged into the phone while you're using the GPS? I have the Sprint 850 charger and it keeps up with the battery usage of the Pre while using GPS without any problems. My phone is always fully charged by the time I get to my destination.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Whatever floats your Boat! however i hope you dont sink!
    whatever floats your boat, buddy.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Let us know how you like it man! Why don't you just keep the car charger plugged into the phone while you're using the GPS? I have the Sprint 850 charger and it keeps up with the battery usage of the Pre while using GPS without any problems. My phone is always fully charged by the time I get to my destination.
    I didn't keep the car charger plugged in because I have a windshield mount for my Pre. I use the Universal Mount from Sprint and it would be a challenge to plug the charger in and get it in the mount. I'll definitely let you know how I like it when I get it in.
    Big Jeff
    When I got my palm pre I was so happy, then I was mad because I couldnt fart around with for long until the battery gave out. Did some looking around and found a few diferent options for extended life batteries for the pre.
    I went for the strongest biggest battery I could find. Went to fommy (dot)com Amzer 3800mah was my choice. Fommy has a video on youtube for the battery. This video is cool because you can see how large your phone will become. It will become thicker to 1 inch. I due recommend the battery for people who want to enjoy the device and max out its potetial for long periods.

I used to.. leave my phone on the charger while I was at home because I couldnt talk for long or use multiple apps at the same time without the battery drainning very fast.
    Now I .. Charge my battery at night while Im asleep (the way it should be) and I can actually go 2 days without a recharge and full out usage assault on my phone. Its great!

Pluses
    - Feeling secure with your phone while away from recharging resources.
    - If you have large hands, the phone feels more secure in it and the thickness adds greater text ability. (for me at least) It fits my hand now.
    - Oh did I mention you dont have to recharge every 30min of usage. lmao!
    - the battery replacement back is nice and shinny like the old one, matches great.

Negatives
    - It will look like a star trek faser or a tri-quater.
    - It cost 129.00 plus shipping. ouch.

I dont own a touch stone so I cant tell you yet due they work with the battery. I am planning a trip to a sprint store to try though. Ill update the thread after I due.

(Im a noob) cant post links
    go to youtube search "fommy com amzer 3800"

If anyone knows of a case that can hold my phone please list a link.
    For the haters out there.. after you buy 2 touchstones and a car chatger to keep the girly small look, your out way more than the 3800 or 2600 and your phone is tied down all the time.

Recommend this for people that go hard 5-7 hrs a day on phone.
    Last edited by AustinStl314; 09/03/2009 at 06:38 AM. Reason: spelling
    That 3800 looks crazy fat...
    $129.00... Seriously ouch...

Couldn't they just make the battery a bit more spread out rather than just increasing the depth. I'm sure it's much easier (and cheaper) to manufacture a larger battery by just increasing cells and depth but I think they would sell a ton more if they could find a way to fill in the dead space created at the top and bottom of the rear cover.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glod View Post
    Whatever floats your Boat! however i hope you dont sink!
    dude ur boats already sunk ha ha ha that line went out with the slinky lol
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanvbva View Post

Couldn't they just make the battery a bit more spread out rather than just increasing the depth. I'm sure it's much easier (and cheaper) to manufacture a larger battery by just increasing cells and depth but I think they would sell a ton more if they could find a way to fill in the dead space created at the top and bottom of the rear cover.
    This man speaks the truth. I guess it would probably be prohibitively expensive, but if some battery designer could figure out a way to make the pre only slightly fatter (a mm or two) and then fill in the additional dead space with battery, they might really be on to something.

We can dream, can't we?
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Well after 2 weeks with my Amzer 3800 battery, I am thoroughly impressed. I absolutely love this battery and I'm not tied down to any chargers. I get 3 days minimum out of a charge. Wow, now I can use all the things that the phone was built for and not keep it on the charger all the time. I'm definitely a power/heavy user.
    Big Jeff
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    I've got a 3800 mAh battery on order too. I'm an extremely heavy user and am really curious to see just how much i'll be able to do between charges.
    Your going to be 1 happy Pre user. Dont worry about the other kids teasing you about the thickness of your phone, yours wont be docked at a touch stone or chatger 50% of the day.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Ditto on the "Ouch $128." I carry a couple of spare 1150s with me in my bag and keep it in the charger as much as possible. I have 2 touchstones and a car charger. But I am no where near the power user you are.
    Quote Originally Posted by acyork View Post
    This man speaks the truth. I guess it would probably be prohibitively expensive, but if some battery designer could figure out a way to make the pre only slightly fatter (a mm or two) and then fill in the additional dead space with battery, they might really be on to something.

We can dream, can't we?
    This would be nice, but you can't go closer to the top, so the only place to go is towards the bottom. Unfortunately, the bottom, right behind the keyboard, seems to be the place that gets the hottest under heavy use (Sprint Nav). I doubt it would be a good idea to cover it with a battery. So I think we're stuck with expanding the battery only in one dimension, unfortunately.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanvbva View Post
    Actually you can find them quite a bit cheaper than that if you look around....
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Wireless Ground has the Amzer 3800 battery for 89.95. This is a steal being as how I paid the full 129.95 for the battery.
    Big Jeff
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    It's the oem branded version of what Amzer sells - still the same battery tho.

Customs finally let go of their inventory today, so I'm paying 2nd day UPS on mine to get it here in time for my trip. Still coming out cheaper than ordering Amzer.

Should be here Wed. I'm excited!
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    You guys should post photos of the Amzer 3800 in the Pre and out of the Pre. I'd like a few different glimpse of it
    Quote Originally Posted by Shado.F View Post
    You guys should post photos of the Amzer 3800 in the Pre and out of the Pre. I'd like a few different glimpse of it
    I'd 2nd that I'm back n' forth between the 2800 & 3800. They only thing holding me back form the the 3800 is I'm not sure about the size
    Its going to double the weight and size of your phone. (3800) Ask yourself a couple of questions.

1. Am I really really way short on my battery life with my current battery?
    2. With my current usage, If it was possible, would I burn through 2-3 of the stock batteries in 24 hrs?
    3. Due you like your Pre and feel like you cant work or play with it to the extent you imagined?

If you answered yes to those 3 questions now you have to decide between the 2800 and the 3800.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast