Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I needed auto answer for my pre, since my hands have problems with CP. I brought the Blueant V1 with voice controls.

When a call comes in, all I have to say is answer or ignore. I now have a way to answer the pre without touching the phone. The other functions of the V1, at first didn't work. Like setting up speed dial with the pre. The only way to setup speed dial was to have the number you wanted to program, call you. Once the call came in, you could program the V1 to call back that number. It works great. I contacted Blueant, to ask if they would update their software to include the Pre. They told me that the V1 does work with the Pre, but it has to be setup an special way. Here is the copy and paste from the response from Blueant,

Hi Akiji,

The speed dial list on the palm pre. Please follow the directions below to
    perform a full reset:

-Go to your Bluetooth menu in your phone and delete the v1.
    -Take the battery out of your phone while it is still turned on
    -Click the BlueAnt button on the V1, wait for the prompt, then say "Settings
    Menu", then say "Reset the V1", and confirm when prompted
    -Turn your phone back on -Click the BlueAnt button and say "Pair Me"
    -Follow the pairing instructions and pair using your Bluetooth menu

If the issue persists please email me back or call our tech support line at
    1 866 891 3032.

BlueAnt Support Team

Andrew Botz
    BlueAnt Wireless

Now my V1 works great with my Pre. The V1 is on sale at Amazon for $69.00, down from $129.99

PS...Make sure you back up your info before you pull the battery out.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by akijione View Post
    I needed auto answer for my pre, since my hands have problems with CP. I brought the Blueant V1 with voice controls.

When a call comes in, all I have to say is answer or ignore. I now have a way to answer the pre without touching the phone. The other functions of the V1, at first didn't work. Like setting up speed dial with the pre. The only way to setup speed dial was to have the number you wanted to program, call you. Once the call came in, you could program the V1 to call back that number. It works great. I contacted Blueant, to ask if they would update their software to include the Pre. They told me that the V1 does work with the Pre, but it has to be setup an special way. Here is the copy and paste from the response from Blueant,

Hi Akiji,

The speed dial list on the palm pre. Please follow the directions below to
    perform a full reset:

-Go to your Bluetooth menu in your phone and delete the v1.
    -Take the battery out of your phone while it is still turned on
    -Click the BlueAnt button on the V1, wait for the prompt, then say "Settings
    Menu", then say "Reset the V1", and confirm when prompted
    -Turn your phone back on -Click the BlueAnt button and say "Pair Me"
    -Follow the pairing instructions and pair using your Bluetooth menu

If the issue persists please email me back or call our tech support line at
    1 866 891 3032.

BlueAnt Support Team

Andrew Botz
    BlueAnt Wireless

Now my V1 works great with my Pre. The V1 is on sale at Amazon for $69.00, down from $129.99

PS...Make sure you back up your info before you pull the battery out.
    So, you can voicedial any contact or just those in speed-dial?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    So, you can voicedial any contact or just those in speed-dial?
    /bump

I'd love to know if this is able to VoiceDial any contact or just those in Speed Dial (which is admittedly very un-usable in it's current form).
    After i hang up using v1 if someone calls me I have to go manually to the palm pre and turn back on bluetooth... does anyone have this issue???
    I called tech support to find out how to setup BlueAnt V1 SpeedDial for the Pre.
    First of all BlueAnt's SpeedDial is separate and apart from the phone. Speed dials appear to be stored on the headset, not the Pre.

The ONLY way, at this time, to setup SpeedDial using the BlueAnt V1 is:
    Pre bluetooth on and connected to your BlueAnt V1.
    The person you want to set as a speed dial must initiate the call to you.
    Once connected terminate the call and at the same time hold down the - minus volume key on the headset for 4 seconds. You will get a headset prompt as to where you want it to be stored in your headset profile, i.e. home number, wife as favorite, others speed dial 1 through 9.

BlueAnt's tech support line: 866-891-3032
    Quote Originally Posted by TechGuyDave View Post
    /bump

I'd love to know if this is able to VoiceDial any contact or just those in Speed Dial (which is admittedly very un-usable in it's current form).
    Using the Alternative ("Speed Dials in the V1") Method outlined above and in the manual, you can have ANY number in the V1 Speed dial whether in your contacts or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiijedi View Post
    After i hang up using v1 if someone calls me I have to go manually to the palm pre and turn back on bluetooth... does anyone have this issue???
    Is this an issues I'm interested in this bluetooth but need to know the answer.
    I just got the Q1 the other day.

I must say I think it is PALM that is lacking and failing us here.

The Pre should have Voice Recognition w/ bluetooth.

I love the pre but, even my moto Q that is a few years old has that ability.

We can only hope with updates it will come, until then I think im going to return the blueant and get something else
    If my post helped you, Please Thanks Me !
    -sYnOnYx-
    --Pre User--
    Have had the V1 for about a week now and the battery life has been outstanding. After a full charge I go several days with numerous phone calls and long standby times (made worse by the fact I keep forgetting to turn it off when i leave it in the car) and I have not gotten below "medium" when I do a battery check. Much better than my old moto BT. Looking like that, for me, one charge a week will do the job.
    I'm on my second Q1 and have not gotten through a day 8-5 without the Q1 shutting down due to battery charge. I thought my first one was defective and returned it. And it's not like I'm on calls the entire time.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I might be mistaken but I believe I read in other posts that the firmware (latest version is firmware 8.15 and you need to specifically update with the version for the Pre, version 8.15p ...not the general one) on the Q1 needs to be updated to include the Pre and that the update will resolve (or at least minimize) the battery drain issue.
    Last edited by Catpfish; 09/28/2009 at 12:28 PM.
    If you, like I, have been very frustrated with not having voice dialing feature on PalmPre 3G smartphone - get BlueAnt V1 Voice Controlled Bluetooth Headset. Got this product from HSN Online - EXCELLENT! I highly recommend it to upgrade Palm Pre functionality. Easy to operate and safe for driving. Able to deliver for me what HP and Verizon couldn't.
    It looks like we won’t need to wait very much longer for voice dialing on the Pre. Please see the following P|C article of Dec 21:
    webOS 2.0 for Sprint images leak, voice-dialing coming to webOS! | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~