1.    #1  
    I received my extended battery yesterday, let it charge for the full 8 hours. I noticed last night that when sliding the Pre open or closing it and turning the power button off, my Pre would not turn on via the power button or sliding it open or close as it has previously worked. The only way to bring the Pre back to life is to remove the battery door, then remove and place the battery into place. The Pre powers on and after a few minutes of using it and sliding the keyboard up or down the Pre will not turn on, I have to go through removing the battery door and battery. I just put my original battery in and am not experiencing the issue. Anyone else having this kind of issue with the Seidio 1350 Extended Life Battery?
    Jimmie Geddes
    I don't have that problem at all with mine, and I've had it since last Friday. As a matter of fact, I was having issues with the Pre resetting itself every so often when I would slide open or close the keyboard with the stock battery. I have yet to have that problem now, and that's because I've really tried to make it happen. It's possible the battery has defective cells, or maybe it has faulty connectors. I would contact Seidio with that problem so you can get it replaced.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks. I'm contacting Seidio now.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Its a problem with the battery size and the contacts. I had the same problem when I got mine. The same problem happened when I ordered batteries for my Blackberry. I had to put a wedge in on top of the battery so that it would push down and make a constant connection. Mine would shut off everytime I slid it open. The same thing happened when I got the 1350 from Seidio for my Pre. When I put a little wedge on top of the battery I no longer had this problem. Hope this helps.
    Big Jeff
  5.    #5  
    Haven't heard back from Seidio yet, I'll try your tip. Thanks.
    Jimmie Geddes
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by skulbonz View Post
    Its a problem with the battery size and the contacts. I had the same problem when I got mine. The same problem happened when I ordered batteries for my Blackberry. I had to put a wedge in on top of the battery so that it would push down and make a constant connection. Mine would shut off everytime I slid it open. The same thing happened when I got the 1350 from Seidio for my Pre. When I put a little wedge on top of the battery I no longer had this problem. Hope this helps.
    Where exactly did you put the wedge, and what did you use for the wedge? I'm attaching a pic of my Pre with the Palm battery in it (I left the Seidio at home). Thanks in advance!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    Where exactly did you put the wedge, and what did you use for the wedge? I'm attaching a pic of my Pre with the Palm battery in it (I left the Seidio at home). Thanks in advance!!
    I took a business card and folded it up. Then I put it up on top of the battery. It should put enough pressure on the battery to push it down(where it would push the contacts together). So looking at your picture it would go above the palm logo in the middle. It should be snug when you push it in and not easy to push in. Make sure it fits flush with the battery so that you can put the back door on. It should be the same width as the battery. This will do the trick and you can use your Seidio Battery with no problems after this. No power cycling when sliding it open. It will charge on the TS too without any problems. Any other questions please feel free to ask.
    Big Jeff
  8.    #8  
    Thank you so much! I followed your directions, trimmed down a business card a bit and so far it's working.

Using a business card is the trick, I tried to use a couple of post-it notes folded and cut to the size of the battery and once I turned on the Pre and pulled the slider down it went off. The business card did it. Thanks again, I really appreciate it
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    Thank you so much! I followed your directions, trimmed down a business card a bit and so far it's working.

Using a business card is the trick, I tried to use a couple of post-it notes folded and cut to the size of the battery and once I turned on the Pre and pulled the slider down it went off. The business card did it. Thanks again, I really appreciate it
    You're welcome! That's what we're all here for, to learn things from other users that have experienced similar problems. There's also an article on all things Pre - PreThinking you should check out. It talks about the battery issue and resetting with the slide. The name on the article is, Newer Palm Pres are better build, added improvements, fixes resetting issue. This will help you in case you want to tinker a little more with the battery. Good luck!
    Big Jeff
  10.    #10  
    The problem has returned with both batteries now...
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes
    The problem has returned with both batteries now...
    Hello,

We are sorry about you experience with our battery. We believe that you received a battery from the earlier batch, the issue has since then been addressed and the new ones are all working fine.

Please PM me your order information and we will be more than happy to see what we can do for you!
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Eeek...good info!
    Hi folks

I know thi is an old thead...I'm a noob on VZ with a Pre Plus.

I've had the phone 4 weeks now. No problems at all until middle of last week, when the phone was totally dead when I got it out of my pocket.

Tried putting it on the Touchstone... Nada
    Tried connecting with USB - Nada.
    Took battery out and replaced it... Nada.
    Plugged into USB after re-inserting battery - Shazam!

Now, since I have a Seidio "Innocase", I am NOT that keen to have to pop the back cover off in order to rememdy the situation (see my own and other forum members problems with broken tabs), and (more importantly), I really cannot afford to have a dead phone a few times a week.

Was there ever any further development regarding these issues?

russ