That's good to know. I might pick up one of those.
    Pretty weak system IMO. And I'm a big ProClip guy too.

The problem is, they have 2 different systems. One for when the phone is ONLY open, and the other to be used ONLY when the phone is closed. Bleh.

The Pre has much more elegant mounting solutions (esp for those with the Touchstone magnetic battery cover) than this that could have been explored.
    Quote Originally Posted by peestandingup View Post
    Pretty weak system IMO. And I'm a big ProClip guy too.

The problem is, they have 2 different systems. One for when the phone is ONLY open, and the other to be used ONLY when the phone is closed. Bleh.

The Pre has much more elegant mounting solutions (esp for those with the Touchstone magnetic battery cover) than this that could have been explored.
    Not to mention the fact that if you have a case such as the innocase you can't use their products.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    expensive also, would prefer to fit a touchstone in the car.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I was thinking of getting this:

Car Cradle Mount Holder Mobile PDA PSP GPS iphone 3Gs - eBay (item 260460560741 end time Aug-11-09 19:07:17 PDT)

Great Price and it looks like the hole in the side would allow me to plug in the power cord. And not to mention whatever case/extended battery I get I can always adjust it.
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    The curve in the phone and the slider, it simply isnt possible to have a secure holder for both open and closed positions. They are kinda pricey, but i love the custom nature of the system. I hate generic crap that fails.
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    I'm very surprised that no one has builts a car mount/cradle that allows you to place the touchstone in it. Touchstone charging with the cradle portion to hold the phone....
    Quote Originally Posted by ajk511 View Post
    I'm very surprised that no one has builts a car mount/cradle that allows you to place the touchstone in it. Touchstone charging with the cradle portion to hold the phone....

I was thinking the same thing as well. A cradle-mounting solutions that allows you to use the Touchstone and also enables stronger contact with the magnetic touchstone surface which would allow the use of casses like the Seidio Innocase. In fact, it's suprising that Sedio hasn't come up with something like this themselves. Some users have already posted about mods using holsters with cutouts for the Touchstone that allow the Pre to charge and hold sercurely. Although mounting the Touchstone itself already works well (for myself included), there is no really good solution if you use a case like the Innocase. I've tried magnets etc, but have not been successfull...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    I was going to purchase and see if I liked it. I think I would like it but I did want to know that for some reason I did NOT like it I could return it. I didn't mind having to pay a 15% restocking fee. However, once you mount it to your car you can't return it. Therefore, I am NOT going to try. This is from there website.
    Terms & Conditions
    No products shipped hereunder may be returned without ProClip’s prior approval. In order to return a product, buyer must obtain a RMA# (Return Merchandise Authorization Number). All returns must be made within thirty (30) days of the invoice date and include proof of purchase. The product must be in undamaged and unused condition, meaning: NO screw can be screwed into any product, not even into the pre-drilled holes, NO holes punched through a product, NO scratches or screw marks, and NO Velcro tape etc. We reserve the right to withhold a refund if we deem the product as damaged. A 15% restocking fee will be charged if the product has been taken out of its original packaging. A copy of your original order or invoice must accompany a return. ALL COMPONENTS PERTAINING TO THE ORIGINAL PART MUST BE RETURNED.
    Quote Originally Posted by TechFirstAid View Post
    Not to mention the fact that if you have a case such as the innocase you can't use their products.
    Do any of the other ProClip holsters work with the innocase on the Pre?
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    Do any of the other ProClip holsters work with the innocase on the Pre?
    I have a Pre with the Innocase, and I'm using the ProClip that I used with my Treo 700wx. It's not a perfect fit, but it holds the Pre securely.
    Thats the thing with proclip, it's sorta too expensive if you plan on ever changing phones...or cars, funny thing is i havent seen any on craigslist or ebay