1.    #1  
    Like most (I suspect), I have a boatload of different chargers/cables/whatnot for different devices.

I was testing some of them out on my Pre and found that the charger for my bluetooth headset works - or at least seems to work.

What are your thoughts/experience on using those other chargers? Think it's too great a risk to the device?

I'm thinking (just a guess) that worst case, using another charging device would just screw the battery. Am I wrong on this assumption?
    I use my iGo with the micro usb tip and it works great. Using other chargers shouldnt damage anything unless they are non-standard (higher voltage, different pinouts...)
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Hey cool, a topic that doesn't already have 472 threads going.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    You just need something that's microUSB and puts out 5V and hopefully 1 amp. To run the Touchstone it has to comply with the USB Charging spec which means USB pins 2 and 3 have to be bridged. Some chargers are this way and some aren't, but all will charge the phone if they satisfy the voltage and amperage requirements.

There are a few threads here about what does and doesnt work so you can do a search and save some time