1. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    I put only the front on, because I have the touchstone on back...and right now I am not sure if Ill keep it on or not.

I had to clip some of the skin and it still overlapped the back a little so the cut is not really perfect there. I am pretty pleased with the cuts for the earhole, button and mouthpiece are, I just wish the earhole area would stick.

The area around the earhole is not and never has actually stuck to the phone at all, and some of the edges are rough and kind of not stuck down either. I have tried 4 different times to get the earhole part to stick with no luck.

There is some kind of messed up crease in this one, and the 2nd one in the pack was a disaster when I opened the pack. It was wrinkled/wonky on the sheet. I used it as my practice and it seemed almost like there was just no "glue" in those spots. So I am sending that one in I think.

Tomorrow morning Ill see how I feel about it when it's been 36 hours. If the crease is still really obvious I might rip it off when I get something else.

Pics attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    I didn't see a point in applying a back bodyguadrz (since those are cheap to buy anyways... $20 or so if it gets too scratched),

But I've got a bodyguardz on the front, and love it! I didn't have to clip anything, and after pressing down repeatedly for ~10 minutes or so, it stayed put... Looked bad initially (water under it), but it eventually cleared up and looks great now.

-mark
    I wish there was a good skin that only covered the actual face, and not the sides -- trying to wrap the sides with my Phantom Skinz was what caused me the most grief. I wound up clipping the corners because they just would not stay down, no matter how much I tried.
  4. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jrstinkfish View Post
    I wish there was a good skin that only covered the actual face, and not the sides -- trying to wrap the sides with my Phantom Skinz was what caused me the most grief. I wound up clipping the corners because they just would not stay down, no matter how much I tried.
    Agreed. I clipped most of the corners, I still have a little bit of overlap with the back, it's like this one was 1/2mm bigger than needed. If I do another one in the future Ill be trimming it before I mess with it to customize where it goes on.

Bubbles are almost all gone but the crease is still there and it's REALLY obvious. I might be sending both back for replacements.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I had fairly good luck with the Phantom Skinz-- I installed to fronts (one on mine, one on my wife's). The top corners were the most difficult, and oddly the top right on both are the areas where you can really see the install (raised a tiny bit on both) but otherwise, perfect. I wish they had more kiosks where people would just install for you; I live in the NYC area, and couldn't find one. Installing myself is just too nerve-wracking.
    No problems with my Phantom Skinz actually. I happen to think it gives the best protection and the smoothest look.
  7. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Maybe Ill try those next.
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jrstinkfish View Post
    i just got a skinomi for the front (i have an innocase) and it worked out alright. it doesn't wrap around the edges and it goes nearly to the edge of the innocase. much better than the USG it's replacing, too. also, doesn't feel tacky/rubbery like the IS.
    My Phantom Skinz finally dried, and if it only covered the face, it would look amazing. But the wonky edges kinda kill it for me I'm hoping the case I ordered will cover up the edges so that it's mostly the face exposed. If not, I have one more to try.
    I put on ivisible Shield by Zagg. You can purchase at BB $24 and get a geek to install it for $7.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Phantom Skinz. I was skeptical but once it was on I love it. Only way you know it is on, is if you see one that doesn't and remember how it looked without one.
  12. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    I will likely do that next tiem around. Other than the crease and some irritations with the edges I am ok with this FOR NOW. We'll see. I will likely do some creative cutting before I apply so that it covers what I need without being annoying.
    Bodyguardz was just too big for mine and the sides didn't stick. Then removed and ordered Phantom Skins. The Phantom skin fits perfectly and even the sides work like they are supposed to.

One thing though, with either skin you do lose some of the resposiveness of the screen. It's not bad but certainly noticeable at times.
  14. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    See I haven't noticed any loss of responsiveness.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I have a Clear Protector and it works great. The fit is perfect and all bubbles go away in about 48 hours.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I had an Zagg IS installed on mine. I bought it at BB and paid them to install it. The guy totally ef'ed it up and by the next day it still looked horrible. So I took it back there and had them replace it. Which they did and someone else did the install that knew what she was doing. It look better, but still not the greatest. I lived with it though. Then I had to exchange my phone because it was twisting really badly. So I pulled off the IS and exchanged the phone.

I had already ordered a Phantom Skinz awhile back right b4 I had went to BB to try looking for an IS. Well my wife installed the Phantom Skinz for me on the new phone, and WOW, what a difference. She did an almost flawless install, and the feel is sooooo much better (for me) then the IS. The Is has a very tacky feel to it, where the Phantom Skinz is very slick. It fit perfectly and there is no overlap on the sides at all. So good luck to the OP with your but I would certainly try and get another one. Its worth it.